Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 51,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root help for Proscan PLT7223G - CPU: RK2928 - GPU: Mali-400 MP

Tip us?

4eyedgal
Old
(Last edited by 4eyedgal; 19th September 2013 at 08:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Cool [Q] Root help for Proscan PLT7223G - CPU: RK2928 - GPU: Mali-400 MP

I have a 7" Proscan PLT7223G, CPU: Rockchip RK2928 1.008Ghz, GPU: Mali-400 MP dual core by ARM running Android jellybean 4.1 with Google Play in it.

(Not letting me post a url, but if you google "PLT7223G manual" you'll get a page where there's a firmware and pdf manual ready to download.)

This is a cheap device (the one I could afford till I buy a better one) that I bought from walmart and I would love to root this device but so far have found no help anywhere on the internet. I know an expensive device has many users and more chances of being rooted, but is it possible to root this fairly obscure one?

I am fairly comfortable with using Android SDK and JDK or any one-click installer.

Can any one help and/or point me to the right direction? It's overwhelmingly info-rich and confusing for an android newbie like me around here :S

I would be super super grateful if anyone can help me root this one.

Thanks guys.

4eyedgal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Nobody?

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eyedgal View Post
I have a 7" Proscan PLT7223G, CPU: Rockchip RK2928 1.008Ghz, GPU: Mali-400 MP dual core by ARM running Android jellybean 4.1 with Google Play in it.

(Not letting me post a url, but if you google "PLT7223G manual" you'll get a page where there's a firmware and pdf manual ready to download.)

This is a cheap device (the one I could afford till I buy a better one) that I bought from walmart and I would love to root this device but so far have found no help anywhere on the internet. I know an expensive device has many users and more chances of being rooted, but is it possible to root this fairly obscure one?

I am fairly comfortable with using Android SDK and JDK or any one-click installer.

Can any one help and/or point me to the right direction? It's overwhelmingly info-rich and confusing for an android newbie like me around here :S

I would be super super grateful if anyone can help me root this one.

Thanks guys.

Try installing SRT Appscanner from play store, once installed run that app and please tell me if either of the bugs say vulnerable please.
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.
Support your DEVELOPERS and HELPERS.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg

4eyedgal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80 View Post
Try installing SRT Appscanner from play store, once installed run that app and please tell me if either of the bugs say vulnerable please.
I installed SRT Appscanner and ran it. All apps OK, it said.

thebiggboss180
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I got my next book trendy 8 and it have no official root methods too but I rooted it with cidya impactor u can try it but u have to to install the USB drivers first

Sent from my EBM8000ND using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

U have to activate USB debugging mode. And SMERSH for cidya impactor and download widows version

Sent from my EBM8000ND using xda app-developers app

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5408959_4.gif

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I installed SRT Appscanner and ran it. All apps OK, it said.
Go here then:

http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

If you need help installing adb driver try www.snappea.com. Just install on Pc, then when program prompts you connect phone to PC with USB Debugging enabled and it will take care adb driver for you.
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.
Support your DEVELOPERS and HELPERS.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jfmajo
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
I purchased the same tablet PLT-7223G-4K from Woot two weeks ago.

I can confirm that Cydia Impactor will successfully drop SU into /system/xbin. From there, I was able to get a # root prompt in ADB shell and do whatever I pleased. (Thanks to the persons above me for pointing that out, I was getting a little frustrated with this thing.)

I can also say that the generic Google USB Driver will work for connecting to this tablet. I am running Windows 7 SP1 x64 and had just updated the Android SDK prior to trying various methods to root the tablet.

If you need any more specific information, I would be happy to help, since I have the exact same tablet and purchased it for the express purpose of poking it with sticks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jfmajo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

4eyedgal
Old
(Last edited by 4eyedgal; 1st October 2013 at 04:31 PM.) Reason: edited 3rd para and spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Success!

@Klown80 and @jfmajo Thank you very much! I've successfully rooted the device with cydiaimpactor without a single hitch. Got SU through adb shell and all! . Took less than 5 minutes!

Am loving this tablet now! It's actually quite fast and smooth now that I've been using it much.

Next stop: how to remove bloatware and make my inexpensive device even faster and show it off to my friends who got expensive ones eh!! Any suggested readings? Please do share!

Thanks so much again. You guys rock!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4eyedgal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sat2020
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help me please

Quote:
@Klown80 and @jfmajo Thank you very much! I've successfully rooted the device with cydiaimpactor without a single hitch. Got SU through adb shell and all! . Took less than 5 minutes!

Am loving this tablet now! It's actually quite fast and smooth now that I've been using it much.

Next stop: how to remove bloatware and make my inexpensive device even faster and show it off to my friends who got expensive ones eh!! Any suggested readings? Please do share!

Thanks so much again. You guys rock!
How can you root this device
please help me
How did you use?
Say the name of the program

manbat
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Thanks....followed instructions from post # 6.....rooted in 5 minutes. These tablets showed up at work too cheap to turn down.....gives me something to play with until the VZW Note 3 Developers Editions get back in stock at Samsung !

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk v 2.4.13
manbat

Samsung Galaxy Note II / Unlocked, Rooted and ROMed / JB 4.3
.........and
HTC / ReZound / S-OFF and Rooted / ICS 4.0.3 / 4.05.605.14 71ORD /....
.........and
Samsung Tab 3, 7 Tablet / Rooted / TWRP Recovery
.........and
(RETIRED) HTC / Touch Pro 2 / Mr. X Fixed Verizon MR2 ROM / WM6.5 / Sense 2.5 / Co0kies Home Tab v1.8.5 / WiMoSpeed v1.07

If I helped, please hit the "THANKS" button.