Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Nokia Developer - Remote Device Access (Diag Tools for Lumias)

19th September 2013, 04:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 213

598 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've been using their service for a while now.
This is a service offered free to people who have Nokia accounts who sign up a developer account (which is also free.)
It's purpose is to let developers use a Windows Phone that might not have access to one. It allows you to deploy xaps directly to the phone and offers a number Nokia devices. Not all of them are Windows Phones, and some are in other languages besides English. Some of the Windows Phone devices have SIMs in them and some of them actually have phone numbers where you can call it. A new feature that's available is the onboard cameras have been enabled on the Lumia 820, 920, 925 and the 1020. I'll take screenshots when I can.

The Phone is sideways for photos, so here's the screenshot of the about page.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nokia Lumia 928.png
Views:	1030
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	2268581

Also, some of the Windows Phones have a manually installed OEM dev app, On-Device Diagnostics Tool.

http://developer.nokia.com/Devices/R...device_access/
RDA for Lumias
RDA's Twitter News Account for new features and Devices

NOTE: I've noticed with the 928, the device lags really behind. SO FAR BEHIND, the frames you might be seeing are from minutes ago.

EDIT 1: Simply exiting the program and starting it up again possibly remedies the video lag issue. Doesn't always work, but it worked well enough to make a video finally.

EDIT 2: There isn't much info about on the ODDT from Nokia. I've uploaded and embedded the videos demonstrating the oem diagnostic tool and some other stuff I did in the session.

Sorry about the first video. Its mostly in monochrome due to the settings I had at the start of the video. After some time into the diagnostics portion I had bumped the quality to 3 or so where it displays color and animation at a decent rate.

Last edited by thals1992; 24th September 2013 at 08:01 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thals1992 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2013, 08:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 280

445 posts
Donate to Me
More
The SIM applications are standard STK apps from the operator, they have been there since the early GSM phones. I used to read the joke of the day from my operator's SIM apps on my Nokia 3310 ��

Edited a bit. Forget what I wrote before ��
Last edited by jessenic; 19th September 2013 at 08:52 PM.
23rd September 2013, 12:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH

598 posts
Donate to Me
More
I was really hoping someone could give some info about the SIM apps that were included, I can't read the text and I don't recognize the carrier either.
I didn't know much about SIM apps previously. Verizon has never used SIMs until they started using LTE.
Last edited by thals1992; 24th September 2013 at 07:47 PM.
24th September 2013, 07:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH

598 posts
Donate to Me
More
Apparently these devices are pre-production. This is evident when browsing the directory of the remote devices. Also, note that the diagnostic tool there supports different usb modes too, so thats good news. Now, how to export the app remotely...........

There were some files that were generated during the videos made.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Non-Production Errors.txt - [Click for QR Code] (885 Bytes, 42 views)
File Type: txt oddbatterymonitor_log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (296.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: txt oddthermalmonitor_log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (31.8 KB, 21 views)
Last edited by thals1992; 24th September 2013 at 07:45 PM.
24th September 2013, 08:15 PM   |  #5  

445 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thals1992

Apparently these devices are pre-production. This is evident when browsing the directory of the remote devices. Also, note that the diagnostic tool there supports different usb modes too, so thats good news. Now, how to export the app remotely...........

There were some files that were generated during the videos made.

I have taken a look at the app, it's not much interesting anyway as we can't deploy it to non-interop devices.

Quote:

I was really hoping someone could give some info about the SIM apps that were included, I can't read the text and I don't recognize the carrier either.
I didn't know much about SIM apps previously. Verizon has never used SIMs until they started using LTE.

There are just things like Weather. Joke of the Day, Customer service etc. Nothing too interesting, just leftovers from pre-smartphone era :P
Last edited by jessenic; 24th September 2013 at 08:19 PM.
24th September 2013, 10:34 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH

598 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenic

I have taken a look at the app, it's not much interesting anyway as we can't deploy it to non-interop devices.

Eh, I just want to get a look at the permissions inside. More specifically, I'm very interested to see the pre-prod/developer 928.
26th September 2013, 07:09 PM   |  #7  

445 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Eh, I just want to get a look at the permissions inside. More specifically, I'm very interested to see the pre-prod/developer 928.

Well ok, here is the XAP and the license file.
Attached Files
File Type: xap OddtApplication_GDR2_Release_ARM.xap - [Click for QR Code] (603.0 KB, 185 views)
File Type: txt Oddt_License.xml.txt - [Click for QR Code] (18.9 KB, 157 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to jessenic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2013, 04:33 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH

598 posts
Donate to Me
More
Where did you get this? I can't say I've been frequenting here enough to know some of the dev stuff thats been occurring in the past few weeks.
30th September 2013, 07:20 PM   |  #9  

445 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Where did you get this? I can't say I've been frequenting here enough to know some of the dev stuff thats been occurring in the past few weeks.

I don't want to name my source :P But it's from an engineering lumia.
30th September 2013, 09:40 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH

598 posts
Donate to Me
More
That's understandable 😃

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread