The ChameleonOS team is proud to present to you our latest addition to the growing list of features. Please give a warm welcome to the new active display feature. With active display your device can turn on when new notifications arrive and display that information to you on the screen. There is no need to turn your device on every time you hear that distinctive notification sound. Your notifications are right where you need them without all the clutter and free from other distractions. If your device has a proximity sensor, which most touch screen phones have, you are in luck. Active display will not turn on if it detects something close to this sensor. So if you have your phone stashed away in your pocket or bag, don't worry, it won't turn the display on and waste your battery. And as an added bonus we've included an option to turn on pocket mode. When this is enabled active display will turn on your screen and display your current notifications instantly, provided you have any pending notifications.
- Instantly turns the device screen on and displays notifications as they arrive
- Up to 8 notifications displayed in a horizontal strip that can be viewed by touching the notification icon
- Short notification description can be displayed around the outside of the center ring
- Touch the center ring notification to view the full notification
- Unlock the device, open the app for the current notification or dismiss the current notification
- Set a re-display time to have active display remind you of your pending notifications
- Adjustable brightness level for when active display turns the screen on
- Pocket mode which allows active display to turn on once you remove the device from your pocket or bag
* Active display will be merged into our github repos shortly and will be included in the upcoming nightly builds thereafter.