FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Tempered glass screen protectors for the G2 are available...

19th September 2013, 05:59 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Ships on 10/4 apparently... It looks like it's some kind of glass, maybe not the normal hard tempered glass type, but they claim 8H hardness.

http://www.iloome.com/LG-G2-Screen-P.../dp/B00F4IIGMM
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeaconBoogie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
19th September 2013, 06:10 PM |#2  
MoNsTeReNeRgY22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconBoogie

Ships on 10/4 apparently... It looks like it's some kind of glass, maybe not the normal hard tempered glass type, but they claim 8H hardness.

http://www.iloome.com/LG-G2-Screen-P.../dp/B00F4IIGMM

Looks interesting. If you order one, let us know how it is.
19th September 2013, 07:40 PM |#4  
pmoradi2002's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
Careful, looks like this protector goes all the way to the edge of the screen. The edges of the G2 are curved, which means a screen protector will not attach properly
The Following User Says Thank You to pmoradi2002 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2013, 08:28 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoradi2002

Careful, looks like this protector goes all the way to the edge of the screen. The edges of the G2 are curved, which means a screen protector will not attach properly

Of course you realize that is not a real product photo, right?

I am certain the actual shipping product fits properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeaconBoogie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2013, 01:50 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The one you linked is flexible, so I'm not sure it's real glass. The site also links a more expensive tempered glass option which is thicker which I may pick up.

Only thing that could make it better is if it included the black top and bottom sections to cover the Verizon and lg logos.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
20th September 2013, 04:10 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
This is the tempered glass one:

http://www.iloome.com/LG-G2-Screen-P.../dp/B00F4IJ93W
The Following User Says Thank You to drathian1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2013, 02:06 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
I've never used a tempered glass screen protector.

How does it feel/look compared to regular screen protectors?

What benefits does tempered have over regular screen protectors?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
20th September 2013, 03:33 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o

I've never used a tempered glass screen protector.

How does it feel/look compared to regular screen protectors?

What benefits does tempered have over regular screen protectors?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Its clearer for one, the feel is just like using the phone without a protector at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canecbr600 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2013, 07:17 PM |#10  
deeznuts's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by canecbr600

Its clearer for one, the feel is just like using the phone without a protector at all.

I'm the WORST at putting these dang screen protectors on, no steady hands. Knowing my luck i'll finally get it on and aligned right with no bubbles then to only notice i have fingerprint marks underneath, lol!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes