Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Tempered glass screen protectors for the G2 are available...

OP DeaconBoogie

26th September 2013, 06:25 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 746

1,826 posts
Cases need to be carrier specific (sometimes) because Verizon has a thicker case and some other changes. As far as I know the actual screen size and shape is the same for all models so you should not need anything carrier specific.
26th September 2013, 06:35 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 183

2,048 posts
More
I hope so, I'm probably going to order one later on. Never had a glass screen protector. I think my biggest concern would be how it plays with a tpu case. I've had flimsy screen protectors act weird on corners. Hopefully this stays put and plays nice with case.
26th September 2013, 06:51 PM   |  #33  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 789

2,159 posts
Donate to Me
More
after reading reviews I am hesitant.... the one from the OP evidently shatters easy and the flexible one scratches easy... I may wait to see other's products
26th September 2013, 07:15 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 10

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj

I hope so, I'm probably going to order one later on. Never had a glass screen protector. I think my biggest concern would be how it plays with a tpu case. I've had flimsy screen protectors act weird on corners. Hopefully this stays put and plays nice with case.

With the curvature at the edge of the G2's screen, I think you'll find the screen protectors are a bit undersized to prevent issues with adhesion. That will also mean no interference with a case. Perhaps some of the folks on here with carrier accessory screen protectors and tpu cases can chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22

after reading reviews I am hesitant.... the one from the OP evidently shatters easy and the flexible one scratches easy... I may wait to see other's products

At 8H hardness, it won't scratch nearly as easy as plastic screen protectors.
Anything can be scratched if abraded hard enough.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
3rd October 2013, 12:23 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 173

328 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoradi2002

Careful, looks like this protector goes all the way to the edge of the screen. The edges of the G2 are curved, which means a screen protector will not attach properly

Just tried a sample of this Flexible Glass out, the edges of the protector lift up as I suspected.

GL to your pre-orders
3rd October 2013, 01:17 AM   |  #36  

56 posts
Wait, you got the iloome screen protector for the LG G2 already???

3rd October 2013, 01:59 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 173

328 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13

Wait, you got the iloome screen protector for the LG G2 already???

My company got a sample from the same factory they use
3rd October 2013, 06:53 AM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 29

251 posts
[QUOTE=kyler13;45945238]With the curvature at the edge of the G2's screen, I think you'll find the screen protectors are a bit undersized to prevent issues with adhesion. That will also mean no interference with a case. Perhaps some of the folks on here with carrier accessory screen protectors and tpu cases can chime in.

I am using Skinomi screen protector and no adhesion issue and I keep it in my pocket all the time. One issue is where I knock knock, I can see indentations all over the place. Was hoping the glass would work better and thinking about buying soon.
3rd October 2013, 12:46 PM   |  #39  
Flag Lecce
Thanks Meter: 25

417 posts
More
so no glass yet without problems?

im looking to buy one since normal screen protectors have edge problems because of the curvature
3rd October 2013, 05:50 PM   |  #40  

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by energie

so no glass yet without problems?

im looking to buy one since normal screen protectors have edge problems because of the curvature

Huh? I have some cheap eBay screen protectors that work fine with a reasonable edge exclusion. I find it hard to believe premium manufacturers wouldn't do this. Stranger things have happened, though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread