FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

Tempered glass screen protectors for the G2 are available...

232 posts
Thanks Meter: 71
 
By DeaconBoogie, Senior Member on 19th September 2013, 05:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th September 2013, 05:25 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 784
 
More
Cases need to be carrier specific (sometimes) because Verizon has a thicker case and some other changes. As far as I know the actual screen size and shape is the same for all models so you should not need anything carrier specific.
 
 
26th September 2013, 05:35 PM |#32  
SysAdmNj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 190
 
More
I hope so, I'm probably going to order one later on. Never had a glass screen protector. I think my biggest concern would be how it plays with a tpu case. I've had flimsy screen protectors act weird on corners. Hopefully this stays put and plays nice with case.
26th September 2013, 05:51 PM |#33  
joshuadjohnson22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 812
 
Donate to Me
More
after reading reviews I am hesitant.... the one from the OP evidently shatters easy and the flexible one scratches easy... I may wait to see other's products
26th September 2013, 06:15 PM |#34  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj

I hope so, I'm probably going to order one later on. Never had a glass screen protector. I think my biggest concern would be how it plays with a tpu case. I've had flimsy screen protectors act weird on corners. Hopefully this stays put and plays nice with case.

With the curvature at the edge of the G2's screen, I think you'll find the screen protectors are a bit undersized to prevent issues with adhesion. That will also mean no interference with a case. Perhaps some of the folks on here with carrier accessory screen protectors and tpu cases can chime in.




Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22

after reading reviews I am hesitant.... the one from the OP evidently shatters easy and the flexible one scratches easy... I may wait to see other's products

At 8H hardness, it won't scratch nearly as easy as plastic screen protectors.
Anything can be scratched if abraded hard enough.


Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
2nd October 2013, 11:23 PM |#35  
pmoradi2002's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoradi2002

Careful, looks like this protector goes all the way to the edge of the screen. The edges of the G2 are curved, which means a screen protector will not attach properly

Just tried a sample of this Flexible Glass out, the edges of the protector lift up as I suspected.

GL to your pre-orders
3rd October 2013, 12:17 AM |#36  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Wait, you got the iloome screen protector for the LG G2 already???


Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
3rd October 2013, 12:59 AM |#37  
pmoradi2002's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13

Wait, you got the iloome screen protector for the LG G2 already???


Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

My company got a sample from the same factory they use
3rd October 2013, 05:53 AM |#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
[QUOTE=kyler13;45945238]With the curvature at the edge of the G2's screen, I think you'll find the screen protectors are a bit undersized to prevent issues with adhesion. That will also mean no interference with a case. Perhaps some of the folks on here with carrier accessory screen protectors and tpu cases can chime in.


I am using Skinomi screen protector and no adhesion issue and I keep it in my pocket all the time. One issue is where I knock knock, I can see indentations all over the place. Was hoping the glass would work better and thinking about buying soon.
3rd October 2013, 11:46 AM |#39  
Senior Member
Flag Lecce
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
so no glass yet without problems?

im looking to buy one since normal screen protectors have edge problems because of the curvature
3rd October 2013, 04:50 PM |#40  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by energie

so no glass yet without problems?

im looking to buy one since normal screen protectors have edge problems because of the curvature

Huh? I have some cheap eBay screen protectors that work fine with a reasonable edge exclusion. I find it hard to believe premium manufacturers wouldn't do this. Stranger things have happened, though.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
3rd October 2013, 04:58 PM |#41  
Senior Member
Flag Lecce
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13

Huh? I have some cheap eBay screen protectors that work fine with a reasonable edge exclusion. I find it hard to believe premium manufacturers wouldn't do this. Stranger things have happened, though.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

can you link some please^?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes