Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

C6833/c6806/c6802 4g lte & networks explained

Tip us?

Purple_Clouded
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Thumbs up C6833/c6806/c6802 4g lte & networks explained

I've already preordered my Sony Xperia ZU from atgsm.com
Although it's backordered right now and I have to wait another week for it to arrive, ( SUCKS because I even got FedEx 2 Day Shipping! ): )
I can POSITIVELY and SURELY CONFIRM that:

C6833 Works on all networks INCLUDING 4G LTE for T-Mobile as this uses BAND 4

C6806 Works on all networks INCLUDING 4G LTE for T-Mobile and AT&T

C6802 Works on all networks EXCLUDING 4G LTE

Hope this clears up any confusion. The International version of the Xperia ZU will work on all networks that have 4G LTE as well EXCEPT AT&T'S, presumably because it does not have the supported band. (I cannot confirm but am 99% sure) The North American (US) version will be slightly cheaper by $20-$50 depending where you order it from. The only true benefit of this (besides saving money of course) is the ability to connect to AT&T's 4G LTE network. Other than that, they are both the same. (EXLCUDING C6802 which does NOT support ANY 4G LTE speeds)

If you don't want to wait until after October 14 like me, go ahead and get the international version. Some websites have good deals and you might be able to get it at an equal price OR cheaper compared to the C6806 if you look wisely and do your research.

Personally, the international version is the way to go if you aren't on AT&T's network because if you ever go somewhere outside of the US, you can still use prepaid phone plans or such and access the internet. For such an amazing device coming with a premium price tag, I'd like to be TRULY mobile with my phone!

PLEASE stay tuned as when my Xperia ZU arrives I'll do a live video of me taking off the Anti-Shatter Film as some of you wish to do so. (Same here) I'll also post up some pictures of the cases I have and screen protectors I'll be using (SPIGEN TEMPERED GLASS COMING SEPT. 30!) and various tests (NOT the usual ones you see of benchmarks and such, but rather more interesting ones like size and everyday practical use)

If you guys have any questions just feel free to ask, we're a community here so let's see what valuable knowledge we can offer!

-Purple_Clouded
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Purple_Clouded For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
Correct. The C6833 has octaband LTE support. The bands on the Z Ultra (C6833) are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 20. The big additions here are 2 and 4 which will open up the Z Ultra for broad use on major LTE networks in North America. AT&T have band 17, Verizon use band 13, Sprint use 25/27 and US Cellular operate on 12. Only T-Mobile have stayed ‘open’ on band 4. The other main carriers mentioned do also use bands 2 & 4, the unique bands allow them to lock down devices they sell to their own LTE networks, but 2 and 4 are open.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ewatt74
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
Correct. The C6833 has octaband LTE support. The bands on the Z Ultra (C6833) are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 20. The big additions here are 2 and 4 which will open up the Z Ultra for broad use on major LTE networks in North America. AT&T have band 17, Verizon use band 13, Sprint use 25/27 and US Cellular operate on 12. Only T-Mobile have stayed ‘open’ on band 4. The other main carriers mentioned do also use bands 2 & 4, the unique bands allow them to lock down devices they sell to their own LTE networks, but 2 and 4 are open.
So that means you could'nt use the c6833 on At&t LTE network then.

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ij0rgei
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I can confirm this to be the case. I am currently running the C6833 on ATT and an unable to get the LTE to work. I have called them and checked and they have said by not having the 700 band, that is whats keeping me from accessing their LTE network. Right now all I am getting is HSPA+ on their network and it works pretty well. It has been a PITA getting all the network settings to work all at once but I think I have it all good now, so if anyone is trying to use ATT and having problems, I might be able to help.

One question I do have is that most LTE phones that are made specifically for ATT have LTE 700mhz band 17/2100. the C6833 has the 2100 band, so my question is why cant we access the LTE network using that band since we dont have the 700mhz?
The Following User Says Thank You to ij0rgei For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ewatt74
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ij0rgei View Post
I can confirm this to be the case. I am currently running the C6833 on ATT and an unable to get the LTE to work. I have called them and checked and they have said by not having the 700 band, that is whats keeping me from accessing their LTE network. Right now all I am getting is HSPA+ on their network and it works pretty well. It has been a PITA getting all the network settings to work all at once but I think I have it all good now, so if anyone is trying to use ATT and having problems, I might be able to help.

One question I do have is that most LTE phones that are made specifically for ATT have LTE 700mhz band 17/2100. the C6833 has the 2100 band, so my question is why cant we access the LTE network using that band since we dont have the 700mhz?
I have the Sony Xperia Z Ultra 6802 and I'm useing it on At&t. But I will be getting the 6806 so I can have the benifit of LTE.

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

UserDemos
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ij0rgei View Post
You can't use it on LTE because 2100 is Band 1. The US does not use Band 1 (2100) because Band 4 (1700+2100) uses the 2100 for its downlink, therefore it is already being occupied. Make sense? Band 1 (2100) is something one sees mostly in Europe/Asia.

AT&T uses Band 2 (1900), Band 4 (1700+2100), Band 5 (850), and Band 17 (700). The majority of their network currently runs on Band 17. Without Band 17, you will not be able to access their LTE network in most places (I can only think of 3-4 places where they are not using Band 17 due to spectrum constraints).
The Following User Says Thank You to UserDemos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djjoonie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDemos View Post
You can't use it on LTE because 2100 is Band 1. The US does not use Band 1 (2100) because Band 4 (1700+2100) uses the 2100 for its downlink, therefore it is already being occupied. Make sense? Band 1 (2100) is something one sees mostly in Europe/Asia.

AT&T uses Band 2 (1900), Band 4 (1700+2100), Band 5 (850), and Band 17 (700). The majority of their network currently runs on Band 17. Without Band 17, you will not be able to access their LTE network in most places (I can only think of 3-4 places where they are not using Band 17 due to spectrum constraints).
Can anyone confirm c6833 will work on tmobiles 4g lte? I am very confused now..

clubtech
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjoonie View Post
Can anyone confirm c6833 will work on tmobiles 4g lte? I am very confused now..
Yes it works on T-Mobile LTE. Using it right now.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

nihal1983
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Default can you please explain how

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtech View Post
Yes it works on T-Mobile LTE. Using it right now.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I have the same but no lte shown.plain 4g
Phone:T-Mo S4 and ATT N2
Tablets:Asus TF300T(given away),Moto Xoom(running EOS 2.0)(sold)
Old Phones:nokia 3310>nokia 3230>nokia 3315>palm treo 650>samsung eternity>HTC Hd2>samsung vibrant>lg g2x>N7000>Galaxy S3 I93000>N7100>T-Mo HTC One

Press thanks If you feel I have helped
The Following User Says Thank You to nihal1983 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Purple_Clouded
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihal1983 View Post
I have the same but no lte shown.plain 4g
Normally you will NOT see a LTE logo unless yo do some time of root or customization outside o the stock Sony UI and launcher that came with the phone. (I cannot confirm but so far with my recent phones, this has always been the case.) The only real possible way of proving that you're on LTE from T-Mobile is by getting an app and clocking your internet speeds.

Regardless, if you're satisfied with the speed of your data connection and the lightspeed of the Sony ZU, there's no need to bother. (Unless of course you feel conscious of shelling out the extra 50 or so dollars.)

Rest assured, my ZU C6833 will be coming in this Friday and I myself am on T-Mobile. I've heard time and time that everyone has been able to connect to their respective 4G LTE networks with ease, and combined with the speed and finesse of the phone it's a breeze to surf the web, play games, multitask etc. I hope that you're satisfied with what you have! It would be a shame if you device was faulty! (Let's hope not!)

The Following User Says Thank You to Purple_Clouded For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]