C6833/c6806/c6802 4g lte & networks explained

Search This thread

nihal1983

Oct 7, 2011
warrington,UK
i had an epac apn

I have the same APN settings on my c6833. I get LTE on T-Mobile in some areas (San Diego, California) but if I go somewhere there is no LTE, I get no data. It's like the phone doesn't want to switch to HSPA+ or anything else if there is no LTE. Do I need multiple APN's or does anyone know how to fix the data being either LTE or nothing?

Edit: I changed the "Bearer" to "Unspecified" instead of "LTE" and now it gets H+ but no LTE... Weird...

when i inserted my sim it downloaded an epac.tmobile.com apn, i manually entered the fast.t-mobile.com apn after seeing it from my dads note2. mine does switch from 4g to h+,h, if i dial and press *#*#4636#*#* it does show me that it indeed is lte

Nov 29, 2007
im thinking of buying the c6802, anyone know how the speed would be on at&t? or should i just wait for the LTE version? im just really inpatient, i want this phone ASAP!

Sep 20, 2013
im thinking of buying the c6802, anyone know how the speed would be on at&t? or should i just wait for the LTE version? im just really inpatient, i want this phone ASAP!

Don't bother getting the C6802, there have been numerous issues I've read about for that specific version, although many of those problems could also occur to other models of the XZU, it's wise to go ahead and get the more recent and updated LTE one.

If you can't wait, just go ahead and grab the C6833, it can hop on AT&T's 4G network but NOT LTE, I repeat NOT LTE. The US LTE version that works on all the carrier's respective LTE should be coming out October 14, the wait is sure worth it especially if you're gonna pay big bucks for a phone like this, my C6833 is coming tomorrow and I thought long and hard before ordering the C6802, didn't want to get stuck with HSPA+ speeds on a phone that had the latest and greatest processor to offer lol. Hope you can make your decision soon and be happy with it!

Reactions: Peter N
Nov 29, 2007
Don't bother getting the C6802, there have been numerous issues I've read about for that specific version, although many of those problems could also occur to other models of the XZU, it's wise to go ahead and get the more recent and updated LTE one.

If you can't wait, just go ahead and grab the C6833, it can hop on AT&T's 4G network but NOT LTE, I repeat NOT LTE. The US LTE version that works on all the carrier's respective LTE should be coming out October 14, the wait is sure worth it especially if you're gonna pay big bucks for a phone like this, my C6833 is coming tomorrow and I thought long and hard before ordering the C6802, didn't want to get stuck with HSPA+ speeds on a phone that had the latest and greatest processor to offer lol. Hope you can make your decision soon and be happy with it!

can you tell me about the issues? also, im probably gonna be on wifi most of the time since im at work most of the day, will the c6802 work on AT&T 4G?? i really appreciate it, im just really excited for this phone, been waiting since its been announced and i finally have the money!

Last edited:

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
can you tell me about the issues? also, im probably gonna be on wifi most of the time since im at work most of the day, will the c6802 work on AT&T 4G?? i really appreciate it, im just really excited for this phone, been waiting since its been announced and i finally have the money!

I have been a C6802 owner since the beginning of August and there has been no issues with it. It works perfectly.

Some users reported light bleed from the screen but it is just to replace the device if that would be the case.

Otherwise, the C6802 works great. In my case, I just don't care for LTE since I don't see any US data plans that are optimum for high quality streaming (the closest would be T-Mobile and their unlimited plan) and the HSPA+ speeds I have is more than satisfactory.

Without the ability to stream (because of data caps), I see no reason to get LTE yet. The lack of VoLTE is another reason.

On the other hand, for those buying the Ultra right now, it can be a good idea of getting the C6833 or C6806. When I bought mine, the only version was the C6802 and I decided not to wait almost two months for LTE (that I can't stream with because of the caps).

Nov 29, 2007

I have been a C6802 owner since the beginning of August and there has been no issues with it. It works perfectly.

Some users reported light bleed from the screen but it is just to replace the device if that would be the case.

Otherwise, the C6802 works great. In my case, I just don't care for LTE since I don't see any US data plans that are optimum for high quality streaming (the closest would be T-Mobile and their unlimited plan) and the HSPA+ speeds I have is more than satisfactory.

Without the ability to stream (because of data caps), I see no reason to get LTE yet. The lack of VoLTE is another reason.

On the other hand, for those buying the Ultra right now, it can be a good idea of getting the C6833 or C6806. When I bought mine, the only version was the C6802 and I decided not to wait almost two months for LTE (that I can't stream with because of the caps).

Thanks for the info, but is there a difference between the c6833 and the c6802? im gonna be using it on at&t..

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
Thanks for the info, but is there a difference between the c6833 and the c6802? im gonna be using it on at&t..

The only difference between them is that C6833 has LTE and C6802 HSPA+.

Otherwise, it is the same device. Some C6802s are shipped with the MSM8274 without LTE radio or MSM8294 with LTE radio (but deactivated). The C6833 has the MSM8294 with LTE radio - always of obvious reasons.

Usually, devices undergo changes/improvements to their hardware during the production run but that doesn't mean that there are "worse" or "better" versions, i.e. that a C6833 would be "better" than a C6802 when it comes to quality etc. They are equal.

The difference is LTE/no LTE in this case. A C6802 or C6833 that is manufactured today has the same quality so there's no reason to be afraid of one or the other.

Spixe1

Mar 20, 2009
Just to doubly confirm, in the original post the "international" version was mentioned a number of times. Is the C6802 the international version? I'm an American living in China, and they have one called the LX39H. As far as I can tell, it is the same as the C6802, but, well, how can I be 100%? I want to be able to put on custom ROMs, etc, just like the international version, which I assume is the C6802 (right?). Anyone able to find if theres a difference between C6802 and LX39H and/or International?

golfinggino

Nov 23, 2011
burlington, on
anyone know if the c6833 will get lte in Canada on Rogers ? i have the C6802 already but would be interested in getting the c6833 if lte works with rogers

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
After I left CM10.2 rom and went back to radioactive I can not activate LTE.. It is stuck on WCDMA preferred, can't change it it just jump back.
Tried to remove my APN and fill it in again..nada :( Help? ...i dunno if this is the right place or I should use the Q&A, anyways
edit: got it working in PA rom

Last edited:

dzeek

Dec 10, 2011
C6833 with Verizon

Can anyone confirm that the C6833 will work on Verizon? I am in the Chicago, IL area.

Thank you

Sep 20, 2013
Just to clarify ANY misunderstandings of any of the versions released of the XZU..

Here it is:

C6806 - US VERSION - LTE on ALL networks AT LEAST IN AMERICA (if offered by carrier)

C6802 - INTERNATIONAL VERSION - NO LTE on ANY networks - HSPA+

C6833 (I own) - INTERNATIONAL VERSION - LTE on ALL NETWORKS (if offered by carriers) EXCEPT AT&T

PLEASE, and I repeat PLEASE double and triple check the bands on which phone you're going to get. You're already on this forum website and probably looking on others to see if the version you're planning to get will work on the network you want, so go the extra 10 feet and see if the bands on your phone match the bands on your carrier.

It would be a tragedy to see you get a C6802 when you're on T-Mobile's 4G LTE........

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS.

dzeek

Dec 10, 2011
I can't seem to locate information that is definitive about whether Verizon supports a band that will enable the C6833 or C6806 to work. Could you please point me to it?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've already preordered my Sony Xperia ZU from atgsm.com
    Although it's backordered right now and I have to wait another week for it to arrive, ( SUCKS because I even got FedEx 2 Day Shipping! ): )
    I can POSITIVELY and SURELY CONFIRM that:

C6833 Works on all networks INCLUDING 4G LTE for T-Mobile as this uses BAND 4

C6806 Works on all networks INCLUDING 4G LTE for T-Mobile and AT&T

C6802 Works on all networks EXCLUDING 4G LTE

Hope this clears up any confusion. The International version of the Xperia ZU will work on all networks that have 4G LTE as well EXCEPT AT&T'S, presumably because it does not have the supported band. (I cannot confirm but am 99% sure) The North American (US) version will be slightly cheaper by $20-$50 depending where you order it from. The only true benefit of this (besides saving money of course) is the ability to connect to AT&T's 4G LTE network. Other than that, they are both the same. (EXLCUDING C6802 which does NOT support ANY 4G LTE speeds)

If you don't want to wait until after October 14 like me, go ahead and get the international version. Some websites have good deals and you might be able to get it at an equal price OR cheaper compared to the C6806 if you look wisely and do your research.

Personally, the international version is the way to go if you aren't on AT&T's network because if you ever go somewhere outside of the US, you can still use prepaid phone plans or such and access the internet. For such an amazing device coming with a premium price tag, I'd like to be TRULY mobile with my phone!

PLEASE stay tuned as when my Xperia ZU arrives I'll do a live video of me taking off the Anti-Shatter Film as some of you wish to do so. (Same here) I'll also post up some pictures of the cases I have and screen protectors I'll be using (SPIGEN TEMPERED GLASS COMING SEPT. 30!) and various tests (NOT the usual ones you see of benchmarks and such, but rather more interesting ones like size and everyday practical use)

If you guys have any questions just feel free to ask, we're a community here so let's see what valuable knowledge we can offer!

-Purple_Clouded
    Correct. The C6833 has octaband LTE support. The bands on the Z Ultra (C6833) are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 20. The big additions here are 2 and 4 which will open up the Z Ultra for broad use on major LTE networks in North America. AT&T have band 17, Verizon use band 13, Sprint use 25/27 and US Cellular operate on 12. Only T-Mobile have stayed ‘open’ on band 4. The other main carriers mentioned do also use bands 2 & 4, the unique bands allow them to lock down devices they sell to their own LTE networks, but 2 and 4 are open.
    So if I'm on T Mobile in US, not planning to go internatonal or switch to AT&T, is there any advantage getting C6806 instead of C6833 if they're on the same price?

For LTE maybe the same, but what about some area that still havent covered by LTE.

Which one has better coverage, faster firmware update, etc, I think I saw C6806 has unlockable bootloader?

Thank you in advance.

Any that isn't branded or sold through a carrier will be able to have the boot loader unlocked. The only benefit for the C6806 would be an easier time to sell it later if you wanted since it fully supports AT&T as well.

Sent from my Xperia™ Tablet Z
    One question I do have is that most LTE phones that are made specifically for ATT have LTE 700mhz band 17/2100. the C6833 has the 2100 band, so my question is why cant we access the LTE network using that band since we dont have the 700mhz?

You can't use it on LTE because 2100 is Band 1. The US does not use Band 1 (2100) because Band 4 (1700+2100) uses the 2100 for its downlink, therefore it is already being occupied. Make sense? Band 1 (2100) is something one sees mostly in Europe/Asia.

AT&T uses Band 2 (1900), Band 4 (1700+2100), Band 5 (850), and Band 17 (700). The majority of their network currently runs on Band 17. Without Band 17, you will not be able to access their LTE network in most places (I can only think of 3-4 places where they are not using Band 17 due to spectrum constraints).
    I actually want to add to this and ask a question too.
    I'm on tmobile and have 4g LTE in my area. I, however, traded and got the 6802, knowing that it didn't have LTE. I figured the battery would be better and that the HSPA speeds here would be good. And lo and behold, they are. They're generally around 7-10 mbps and get the job done for streaming YouTube and Spotify, etc.

So if you do get the 6802 for tmobile, it isn't the end of the world - so long as you live in a metropolitan area that has decent HSPA speeds.

My question is: Does the battery on the 6833 drain that much more because of the LTE? Don't know if anyone would have the means of comparing, but just wondering. I'm considering buying one off of Negri, maybe in a different color and I might end up buying the 6833. Kinda waiting for the Nexus announcement before I make up my mind though lol

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk now Free

Hey, you're absolutely right! Like I said, always check and make sure you get what is RIGHT for you.

The battery life on the C6833 (T-Mobile) is actually not that bad. It can for SURE get through a day with good usage even though the LTE and NAV are on in the background 100% of the time. I have my brightness set on high as well, I usually get around 4-5 hours of screen time befor I have to plug itin and call it a day. Now I use a custom ROM (Carbon) and some custom kernels to kill some background apps and increase performance without biting too much of my batter life. But in the end, the battery of the C6833 (T-Mobile) holds up great. If you're thinking that the LTE would lessen the battery, especially if it's always trying to grab that signal when you're in an area that doesn't hold up with LTE very well, yes.. it does drain the battery more than your C6802. But ever so slightly you would feel the difference in your day to day usage.

In reality, if you're not an ultra gamer (see what I did there hehe) and is just someone who watches YouTube vids/checks email/FB/IG/TWITTER/ whatever you do, it should no doubt last you. But as I've stated before, I do run some custom kernels/ROMs so my records could be different than yours, but not that far off.

If you have the money and the guts to go buy one (Purple would be nice!!!) I suggest go ahead and get it! It's honestly an amazing phone that is very well overlooked at, easily trumping over any HTC, Motorola or LG/Nexus (Aside from the G2 of course hehe)

Let US know if you guys have any other concerns!!! Thanks ad hope this helped out!

-Purple_Clouded