Known issues as listed on the imate site.
For anyone that is interested, here are the imate known issues for the k-jam
• Customers may find that occasionally SkypeTM is not able to start up on their K-JAM. This can normally be corrected by Stopping other applications and hence freeing up Program memory before trying again. Use Start > Settings > System > Memory > Running Programs.
• In some cases the built-in flash light is not intense enough for taking pictures in low light conditions. This is currently under investigation but quality can be noticeably improved if pictures requiring flash light are taken using Night Mode, instead of automatic mode.
• Some customers may find the in-call speaker volume louder than may be required.
• When running Arabic, the SIP (Software Input Panel) icon is slow to respond after it has been tapped. It can take up to 20 seconds for the pop-up menu to appear providing the user with the option to select block/letter recognizer, phonepad etc.
• During the Hard Reset/ROM Update procedure the initial tap on the central cross for screen calibration is not detected by the device. This issue is currently under investigation.
• In the Arabic K-JAM, the “Back” and “Stop” options are not displayed on Internet Explorer Mobile. A workaround is to tap on the address bar, which will refresh those buttons to show the “Back” and “Stop” options.
• The saving of multiple entries from the Contacts list to the SIM card is not available. This issue is currently under investigation.
• The activation of the Camera automatically places the screen into landscape mode. This is standard functionality for the device.
• When the SIM PIN functionality is enabled and the customer chooses not to input the required PIN and cancels instead, so that the device can be used purely as a PDA, any attempt to subsequently make a voice call, will result in the phone attempting to establish the call and failing. The device will prompt for the SIM PIN after the call has failed, rather than before the call is initiated.
• Some improvements have been made to the audio carried over the Bluetooth link from the BT Headsets to the K-JAM device.
• ActiveSync synchronisation of Contacts Email and Calendar entries, from an Exchange server, has been improved.
• There is no Bluetooth option on the Modem Link application. This is by Microsoft design. The i-mate document ‘Guidelines for using i-mate K-JAM as a Bluetooth Modem.PDF will illustrate the procedure the user should follow.