[APP][4.1+] Focal - The Open Source Camera App
Focal is a fully featured camera app looking to provide the most features on the most phones possible, including device-specific features on some devices.
This app is the official release from the ex-CyanogenMod app.
- A photo and video mode, supporting many features (burst mode, timer mode, scene mode, shutter speed on Sony devices, ...)
- A panorama mode, currently semi-broken
- A PicSphere mode, open-source replacement of Google's PhotoSphere, to do 360° sphere shots
- A review drawer, by sliding from the top of the screen (in portrait). It shows your latest pictures.
In photo mode, you also have access to a few tools, such as automatic picture enhancement (auto-awesome), or a rule of thirds overlay. On some devices, settings such as Color adjustment, HDR and a manual light measure point are also available. Double tapping the screen will put your in quick shot mode, where tapping the screen anywhere will take a picture.
In video mode, high-framerate video is also possible.
- You can slide a widget's left handle to the right to close it
- You can swipe twice to temporarily hide open widgets, and swipe back to recover them
- You can pin widgets on your main screen
- You can scroll the sidebar
- This app targets mostly phones, but should mostly work on tablets.
- It is fully open source (GPL), and the sources can be downloaded at https://github.com/xplodwild/android...ges_apps_Focal
- It is a BETA, which means you might encounter bugs and crashes. I'm mostly working on newer devices (Galaxy S3 and +), so older devices might encounter more issues than recent ones.
- I do this in my free time, and this is a free software. Instead of rating 1 star because there is a bug, you should do a constructive comment, or raise the issue to me on twitter, @XpLoDWilD
. Or even better, fork the project and fix the problem
- Even if some parts of the app sucks for now, they'll improve over time.
Fellow XDA users: Most of you here use custom ROMs. It means you know a bit about Android, and how useful it is to submit logs. Either you can submit a logcat here, or at least please report the crash using the "Report" button, so I can see it on my Play Store console. WIthout that, I can't fix your bug. Thanks!
If you like the app and would like future development, consider getting the Donate edition.
_ Omni developer - Android - Check my twitter for the latest updates!
<codeworkx> YIPIJAHEY SCHWEINEBACKE
Galaxy S II i9100, Galaxy Note N-7000, Galaxy S III i9300 • Asus
TF300T, TF700T • Sony
Xperia T (mint) • LG
Nexus 4, Nexus 5 • Oppo
Find 5, N1 •
and other devices you've never heard of.
Press "Thanks" if I helped !