Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 48,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Vodafone live and jasjar

Tip us?

chrissyboy6969
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Vodafone live and jasjar

I have a normal sony 3g phone and i can access all the vodafone live content with streaming video etc, how can i set my jasjar up so it can access the same content and stream video etc from vodafone

Cheers
Chris

ratcom
Old
Thanks Meter 176
you need PV player installed (find it thought a search on this forum) plus the direct url which im still trying to find myself.

admisi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
First off, you need to connect to Vodafone live! using the wap connection details rather than the usual "internet" APN.

Set this up using the "Work" connection. Go "start", "settings", "connections" then click on the "connections" icon. Go to "My Work Connection". Click on "manage my connections" then click on "Vodafone wap" which should have wap.vodafone.co.uk under the number column (I am assuming you have installed the Vodafone CAB which automatically puts in this connection). Move across to the tab which says "Proxy settings". Tick the box which says this network connects to the Internet. Tick the box which says This network uses a proxy server. Click on Advanced, then tap on HTTP . Enter 212.183.137.12 in the Server box and enter 8799 in the Port box. Click ok. Right, that is first part done.

Second part requires editing registry. PEASE BACK UP your registry before proceeding. For Vodafone Live! WAP page to think you are a 3G mobile, you have to fool it into believing you are an 'approved' handset. For internet explorer, the registry key to change is:
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings\5.0\User Agent\]
Change (Default) from Mozilla/4.0 to 'Nokia6630' and clear all the other values such as compatible, Desc, Platform, UA-language, Version.

You may need to reboot after making these changes.

Once you've changed these settings, connect to Vodafone Live! (make sure you are in UMTS coverage) and goto: http://live.vodafone.co.uk

Now you should see Vodafone live come up in full view with images and extras. Sky TV is available but I still have problem getting it to link properly into the PVplayer. At the moment I have to copy the link and then open PV player and paste it for it to play. use the Pocket Plus Internet plugin to do this with ease. Sometimes some of the channels are not working properly, so go to Channel 4 and test that first. Hope this helps.

webcash
Old
Thanks Meter 0
admsi
might seem strange i follow your instructions right the way through but then everytime i get to the live page it trys to download a file called my docusmts/If i try to rename or save elsewhere or even save as that name it says file in use by other program and wont let me do it.
Any ideas

Peter

ratcom
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Would it not be easier just to make a note of the urls (link address) then connect your universal to the wap gateway (as directed by admisi) then enter the shortcut into pv player? This way would save you messing with pie? BTW I tried the instructions out myself however all I managed to do is make my pie crash (had to hard reset to fix things)

webcash
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi Ratcom,
Just sent you a pm making some progress now got live working etc etc

ratcom
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by webcash
Hi Ratcom,
Just sent you a pm making some progress now got live working etc etc
PM repied ! Good luck and dont forget them url's

admisi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thought the same myself about the URLs and even saved them all as favourites in PV Player. But, you guessed it, they keep changing, so URL doesn't stay valid. Pain in the backside.

aajs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Pvplayer

I am Trying to setup Vodafone Live on my XDA Exec according to the Instructions of this Forum.
Unfortunatley I cant find a copy of PVPlayer. does anybod know how to get it. ITs available on there site for a nokia for a very reasonable price, however I cant find it anywhere for Pocket Pc.
Any Ideas?
Anthony Stuart

gigino
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi
Here it is
Attached Files
File Type: cab pvplayer_eng_aac_1_.2577.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.93 MB, 2803 views)