here are 3 key steps in making TomTom 5 work on an i-mate K-JAM with a Bluetooth GPS.
STEP 1 : INSTALL TOMTOM5
You do this by copying the CAB files from the CDROM (eg F:\PocketPC) to the K-JAM and launch one by one from there with the explorer of the K-JAM
You can install voices the same manner by copying the CAB files to the K-JAM (eg from F:\Voice on the CDROM)
STEP 2 : UPGRADE TO V5.1
Extract and copy the files to a folder on the K-JAM and install them from there.
STEP 3 : ACTIVATE THE GPS CONTROL PANEL
Fire up a registry editor (eg http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities...ryeditor.shtml
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings
Delete the DWORD marked "hide"
Add a DWORD called "Group" and give it the value of "2" (dec)
The GPS panel will now show up in your connection settings.
STEP 4 : INSTALL TOMTOM5
1. Establish a bond with your GPS and select the checkbox for serial access.
2. In BT, select the OUTGOING port to 6.
3. In the GPS control panel, select the GPS program to 0 and make sure that the hardware one, is set to None.
4. Start TT5 and the GPS settings, select another bluetooth GPS, and you will see COM 0 free. Select COM 0 and close TT5.
5. At the GPS control panel again, now select COM 6 (before we set it up at 0).
6. At BT: select OUTGOING port to 0.
7. Back again to GPS control panel and select NONE.
8. Finally start TT5 and it should connect automatically. Wait for a couple of seconds and click the GPS settings and you should see it has connected.
orignal posting here