Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 42,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIM unlock LG G2

Tip us?

varunkumars
Old
(Last edited by varunkumars; 18th October 2013 at 02:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Wink SIM unlock LG G2

I tried this myself. Used this site for unlocking my HTC One got the code within 30 minutes.

I unlocked my AT&T G2. Received the code in 15 minutes.

$1.70 (DOLLAR AND SEVENTY CENTS) only
http://www.unlockcode247.com/imei/5/15/LG--Instant

http://www.unlockcode247.com/imei/1/...k--all-models-

Update: Thanks to "paffinity" for the confirmation. It works and is genuine. This is the email address "myhoian.ebay@gmail.com" of the guy who sent's these unlock codes, he replied to my email yesterday confirming that he can unlock LG G2 AT&T and T-mobile phones. Not sure about Verizon you have to ask him only.

Thanks to"amorek13" confirmed working for t-mobile as well.
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to varunkumars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bb12489
Old
Thanks Meter 96
I was pretty sure that all Verizon LTE phones are SIM unlocked out of the box. At least my Droid DNA was, and so was my previous Droid Razr.

paffinity
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunkumars View Post
I haven't tried this myself. But used this site for unlocking my HTC One got the code within 30 minutes. Try and see. Please report. Thanks.
$1.5 only
http://www.unlockcode247.com/imei/5/15/LG--Instant

http://www.unlockcode247.com/imei/1/...k--all-models-
Tried it on mine (AT&T) and it worked.
I've never done this before and there were no instructions, just the unlock codes, but I found instructions elsewhere.

Dial: 2945#*model number# (800 in case of AT&T G2)
Tap "Network Lock" button.
Enter SIM unlock code. Should tell you successfully unlocked (or something similar).
Wait for it to reboot. Mine got stuck at a blue screen for some reason (thought I bricked it somehow), but rebooting fixed it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paffinity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anuraj1
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb12489 View Post
I was pretty sure that all Verizon LTE phones are SIM unlocked out of the box. At least my Droid DNA was, and so was my previous Droid Razr.
I put a T-mo SIM in my Verizon G2 and it worked... just not very well. Not sure if that was a reflection of T-Mo service in my area though.

The "?" SIM symbol stayed on and it often said Roaming (R) over the service bars. But I was able to use both voice and data up to HSPA+.

hd-renegade
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I do not see where this can work on a Verizon VS980 phone, or am I missing something????

usefulidiot127
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I'm in Poland with my VZW G2. Don't worry, no sim unlocking is needed. Just popped out the Verizon sim and popped a local one in and everything works great after putting in the correct APN settings. So much cheaper than paying Verizon for global data...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2
Nexus 7 2012 Grouper - MultiROM v16 ROM 1: Stock 4.4, rooted w/Oxydo V-12 ROM 2: 4.3 Vanir w/ Oxydo V-11
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) - Stock, rooted

Previous Devices: HTC Rezound (ADR6425), HTC Droid Incredible (ADR6300)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usefulidiot127 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grandmasterlarry
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraj1 View Post
I put a T-mo SIM in my Verizon G2 and it worked... just not very well. Not sure if that was a reflection of T-Mo service in my area though.

The "?" SIM symbol stayed on and it often said Roaming (R) over the service bars. But I was able to use both voice and data up to HSPA+.
That is normal, you have to go in and manually set the APN to your carrier in the settings.

anuraj1
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I did set the APN manually but I couldn't get that ? SIM icon to go away.

Is T-Mobile post paid better than prepaid in terms of signal quality? I live in Phoenix but I was getting really bad cell signal on my prepaid SIM.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

craigbailey1986
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Well with a non T-Mobile or att. I believe you only get edge service which is slow and where they have updated their 1900 band h+ which was pretty decent but no where near verizon quality.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wahida76
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
http://www.cellunlocker.net is cheaper only $8 and in 5 mins