Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more
Thread Deleted

Can Wizard (or Universal) show foreign characters?

OP joohan

8th October 2005, 08:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

56 posts
Hello
I work in Denmark and live in Sweden and would very much like to know if the built in keyboard can be used to write extended characters like . Even danish are important. Is there any fn+ or special key combination that can be used on the english versions of Wizard and Universal?

Regards

Johan
9th October 2005, 10:46 AM   |  #2  

4 posts
I really wonder the answer of this question because my language turkish has also special characters like ,,ş,ğ,.
Does anybody know the answer :?:
9th October 2005, 09:20 PM   |  #3  

205 posts
If it it doesn't do it out of the box, there will be software pretty quickly that can do it. Of course the OS maker (Microsoft) should have it in the first place.

Keep an eye out here and you will get the info when someone puts out the software:
http://forum.pocketfreak.dk/
http://forum.hardware.no/index.php?showforum=96

If its no in the WWE model, at the very least, I'm sure these guys would come out with their own utility to ensure that they can sell more of these devices in the Scandinavian market:
http://www.qtek.se/
9th October 2005, 10:55 PM   |  #4  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
More
The character mapping for the K-Jam's keypad:

Basically you enter one of the characters down below, and when the cursor is just after it, you press the "Sym" command (meaning the "dot" in the bottom left corner of the keypad and the "Space" key)

Letters (both CAPS and lower case) => various international characters (I don't have time to list them all, but play around with it and see what you find...I will list the letters that also produce symbols)

r (and R) →
o (and O) → (and )
p (and P) →
a (and A) → (and )
c (and C) →
1,2,3...9,0 → No effect
~ → @ (vice versa)
! (and ?) → ?
# → * (vice versa)
$ →
% → ^
& (and - _ +) → - _ +
( → [ { <
) → ] } >
` → nothing
= → nothing
. , : ; → all interrelated
' → "
/ → \ |

Most of the Western Eur./Scand. characters are there. Those that tolgatasgin mentioned are all there except: ğ
10th October 2005, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

56 posts
Thank you
That makes me much less worried. We'll see what ROM language version I get but I can apparently be assured that the keyboard is useful for my languages.

//Johan
11th October 2005, 08:12 AM   |  #6  
Flag Copenhagen

11 posts
More
Just wait for the scandinavian versions of the qtek 9100. It will have the on the slide out keybord keybord and danish, swedish or norvigian VM5.

Greetings Allan
13th October 2005, 12:00 PM   |  #7  
Norway

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Madsen

Just wait for the scandinavian versions of the qtek 9100. It will have the on the slide out keybord keybord and danish, swedish or norvigian VM5.

Greetings Allan

And finally we can use text-prediction when typing on this thing. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Cato - from Norway
22nd October 2005, 10:32 AM   |  #8  

53 posts
Not really useful much, as not all characters can be entered and it is way time consuming and tedious. There should be a definition of national charatcters somewhere in the system, we could amend. Hope somebody brings it up.
27th October 2005, 08:52 PM   |  #9  

53 posts
Czech hardware keyboard mapping for Wizard
Done.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...=172531#172531

J.
28th December 2005, 10:28 AM   |  #10  

33 posts
Turkish Characters,
Tolga ,

I cannot input any Turkish characters, (probaby I could not find how to), but when I syncronize with outlook I can see all Turkish characters (- ,-, -, ş-Ş, İ, ı) without any problems.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread