Thought I would share this for anyone that's looking for a complete and full root of this phone, this is not my work I was given these instructions for full root of Sony Xperia M Phone by member xzn credits go to him and others mentioned within method here is the method as follows
- FULL ROOT XPERIA M -
- Download Framaroot 1.5.3(http://www.2shared.com/file/x5aus8Wd...root_153.html?)
- Busybox Pro v9.7.3 (http://www.2shared.com/file/gPQlU2-Q...ro_9_7_3.html?)
- Busybox Free (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ricson.busybox)
- Tool By Anto Kus (download here http://www.2shared.com/file/e9sDTGJk/rootfixer.html?)
- some snacks and soda
1. Install framaroot 1.5.3 ,open , then select install supersu, then select gandalf, if its failed, try, try n try until success notification appear and ask to reebot,your phone will reboot, after your phone on again , look for supersu app in menu , if supersu not appear in menu try,try n try again until supersu appears
2. Install BusyBox Pro v9.7.3 , if busybox ask for backup, select yes, then busyboz will loading, after 100%, MAKE SURE BUSYBOX IS INSTALLED IN SYSTEM/XBIN select install, select normal install, after success,reboot your XM
up here, Your phone was half rooted (what is half rooted? its mean that your phone can not edit system file, if you try to edit your system file your XM will sudden reboot) (THIS STEP IS SO YOU CAN CREATE A BACKUP OF YOUR SYSTEM SETTINGS BEFORE BUSYBOX IS INSTALLED BUT IF YOUR NOT BOTHERED ABOUT A BACKUP THEN YOU CAN SKIP INSTALLING THIS BUSYBOX VERSION AND DOWNLOAD THE BUSYBOX FREE AND USE THAT ONE TO INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION STRAIGHT AWAY)
3. eat your snack and drink your soda, stay relax ￼
4. Extact Tool by Anto Kus to your pc (you will get superuser.bat and supersu.bat), then connect your XM (connect by msc and you must have install pcc on your pc), then run supersu.bat when prompted grant root access on phone
your xm will reboot
Once phone reboots wait for pc to detect phone again then finish supersu.bat then unplug device, MAKE SURE TO RERUN THE. bat FILE AGAIN AFTER FIRST REBOOT TO DOUBLE CHECK THAT THE REBOOT FIX HAS BEEN INSTALLED CORRECTLY, BEFORE RUNNING THE SCRIPT AGAIN AFTER PHONE HAS BEEN DETECTED BY THE PC UNPLUG THE PHONE THEN RERUN THE .bat FILE.
5. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BUSYBOX FREE FROM PLAY MARKET AND LET SMART INSTALL FINISH LOADING, ONCE LOADED SELECT LATEST BUSYBOX VERSION (CURRENTLY AT V1.22.1-stericson) AND MAKE SURE ITS INSTALLED IN SYSTEM/XBIN. ONCE INSTALLED REBOOT PHONE THEN YOUR DONE
- Anto Kus
- Hendrico Andre and Muhammad Arif
from Sony Xperia M Indonesia
1: BUSYBOX MUST BE INSTALLED TO SYSTEM/XBIN TO WORK IF NOT AND SYSTEM/BIN IS SELECTED THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AND BUSYBOX WILL NOT BE INSTALLED
2: ALL DRIVERS MUST BE INSTALLED ADB ETC...
3: USB DEBUGGING AND MSC MUST BE SELECTED AND TURNED ON
HOW TO UNROOT LONG VERSION:
*only if you used busybox pro*
1. go into busybox and click on restore, let it do its job. A confirmation popup will appear
2. Go into supersu>settings and scroll down to unroot, click it and let it finish
3. Reboot device (NOTE IF YOU'VE RESTORED VIA BUSYBOX THEN SYSTEM WILL BE VERY LAGGY)
4. Go into settings and carry out a factory reset to clear the device fully.
HOW TO UNROOT SHORT VERSION:
1. Refresh stock firmware via flashtool and select wipe cache and wipe data
2. Let device boot up, can take upto 5+ minutes to boot up.
Sent from My Sony Xperia M C1905