Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 42,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIM restrictions on unlocked European Note3

Tip us?

arjanr1973
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by barokov View Post
As I already mentioned here before, after about 10 days working with the proper European SIM card, my phone has unlocked itself. I do not know how many call one should make or data to use, but this is a fact!. I tested my Chinese SIM at the first day after receiving of MY GT-N9005 and it asked for unlock code. Now it working properly and NO any unlock code message. Even after the firmware update from yesterday it is still unlocked.

It is interesting for me if someone else has it's phone unlocked after a week or more usage?
I have the same, works now for me. This was my orginal post

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjanr1973 View Post
I have the same issue, my N9005 note 3 (local purchase in NL) works fine with KPN Netherlands bu tmy Thai (Tuemove) sim cards request me to enter a SIM Network unlock PIN. going back to KPN NL sim works fine.

Having called Samsung in the Netherlands have confirmed me that the phone is NOT going to work with SIMS from outside europe! I hope these guys are not yet properly informed

CSC: N9005PHNBMI2

But now I can use the Thai sim card, I'm currently in Tokyo. And I applied the samsung system update from last night.

I'm unclear if it is resolved because of:
- the system update
- the 10 days elapsed and my phone is not properly activated
- I requested samsung to unlock my phone (no response to that so far)
- I'm in Tokyio and not in Netherlands where I bought the phone.

still a puzzle but happy that I can use a sim thats on the blacklist now!

Arjan

btw did not root or apply unregion lock app
The Following User Says Thank You to arjanr1973 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

midnite_blue
Old
(Last edited by midnite_blue; 9th October 2013 at 06:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxzh View Post
See mab71's post at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=31 which highlights apparent security policy update file in yesterday's OTA. Effect of content currently unknown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
If someone can pull that APK ...

Anyway, the logo matches KNOX, so I doubt it has to do with the region locks
(bumping this)

Netskyliner
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
I live in France. First Bouygues Telecom phomes are full unlocked. No region lock included. Checked MCC no lock list. PDA XXUBMI7 CSC BOGBMI3. Could this help?

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk now Free

Please hit THANKS if you find my post useful

Nokia 3310 > Nokia 2100 > Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia 6630 > Nokia 6680 > Nokia N95 > Nokia N96 > Nokia 5800 > Nokia C6-01 > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Quadbeas > Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 > Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Netskyliner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dxzh
Old
(Last edited by dxzh; 9th October 2013 at 09:34 PM.) Reason: Typo - MCC should be 520 (not 512).
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjanr1973 View Post
I have the same, works now for me. This was my orginal post

But now I can use the Thai sim card, I'm currently in Tokyo. And I applied the samsung system update from last night.
/
I'm unclear if it is resolved because of:
- the system update
- the 10 days elapsed and my phone is not properly activated
- I requested samsung to unlock my phone (no response to that so far)
- I'm in Tokyio and not in Netherlands where I bought the phone.
/
still a puzzle but happy that I can use a sim thats on the blacklist now!
/
btw did not root or apply unregion lock app
That is happy news for you. It would be useful to know from both you and barokov and josch2k if possible:

- are you still on CSC: N9005PHNBMI2?
- does the CSC (please look in system/csc/customer.xml file if you can) still contain list of NetworkLock fields including one for Thailand MCC (520) or China MCC (460)?
- the Thailand NetworkLock field in CSC file might look like: <NetworkLock>520BB</NetworkLock>.
- the China NetworkLock field in CSC file might look like: <NetworkLock>460BB</NetworkLock>.

This would help understand what might be the reason for the change in lock state following first use with SIM:

- whether it is a change in the regional NetworkLock list in the CSC but this seems less likely if change happened without OTA first OR

- a change in the (regional) lock state of the phone through some internal or external factor such as a code received from a Samsung server as part of "activation", whatever that means?
The Following User Says Thank You to dxzh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chainfire
Old
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter 48833

DONATE TO ME
Also: how many calls were made with original SIM, and how long as original SIM been in the phone ?
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7, N10, N7-2013

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chainfire
Old
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter 48833

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
- if you root immediately and remove bloatware might your phone not be able to connect with Samsung server and not therefore be able to be regionally unlocked automatically even if you use correct SIM?
This is a good question. In RegionLock Away I've located some Samsung code that updates the radio blacklist. However, I've not been able to find any other place that actually *calls* this code so far, which is pretty strange. It may well be that the radio itself keeps track and counts calls/towers/etc itself and then unlocks after a certain count ?

As I can activate the region lock at will on my device, I could possibly test this... I'd need another SIM from a different carrier than my own though. I'll be travelling until Monday but maybe this is something I can test and figure out by trial and error when I'm back ...
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7, N10, N7-2013

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arjanr1973
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
That is happy news for you. It would be useful to know from both you and barokov and josch2k if possible:

- does the CSC (please look in system/csc/customer.xml file if you can) still contain list of NetworkLock fields including one for Thailand MCC (512) or China MCC (460)?
- the Thailand NetworkLock field in CSC file might look like: <NetworkLock>520BB</NetworkLock>.
- the China NetworkLock field in CSC file might look like: <NetworkLock>460BB</NetworkLock>.

This would help understand what might be the reason for the change in lock state following first use with SIM:

- whether it is a change in the regional NetworkLock list in the CSC but this seems less likely if change happened without OTA first OR

- a change in the (regional) lock state of the phone through some internal or external factor such as a code received from a Samsung server as part of "activation", whatever that means?

YES

- does the CSC (please look in system/csc/customer.xml file if you can) still contain list of NetworkLock fields including one for Thailand MCC (512) or China MCC (460)?

YES still contain networklock fields including the Thainland and China (520 and 460) not 512 but that was a typo from you I think

The Following User Says Thank You to arjanr1973 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josch2k
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:

Quote:
- No, CSC is N9005DBTBMJ1

Quote:
- Yes, customer.xml still contains both entries. As well as the other 61 (or so)

Quote:
how many calls were made with original SIM, and how long as original SIM been in the phone ?
- Phonte was activated at 2.10.
- Since that time I made about 30 calls.
The Following User Says Thank You to josch2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bubblesmoney
Old
Thanks Meter 135
clove has updated the post with the puman.ru unlocking that it has worked for their contact in thailand. http://blog.clove.co.uk/2013/09/25/s...m-limitations/

"Samsung Galaxy Note 3 – SIM limitations

Update 09/10/13

How to use puman.ru to unlock the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (or any other handset)

Disclaimer: Whilst we can report that the following method for unlocking the Galaxy Note 3 is successful, it is not an activity endorsed by Clove and we will not be held responsible for any implications that it may have on your handset’s warranty."

But I fail to understand how unlocking the phone via puman.ru can affect the warranty? If it affected the warranty then why would anyone use that website as they could root and be done with it if they loose the warranty anyway.

Am considering buying this phone since there are options to remove lock provided dont lose the warranty. Like the specs but hate the lock business.
android devices / accessories / apps / tips ... among other things that interest me can be seen on these videos or youtube playlists ...
my video uploads https://www.youtube.com/user/veryannoyingname/videos
my play lists http://www.youtube.com/user/veryanno...ow=grid&view=1

Netskyliner
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Off topic. I've got only 2,38 GB of RAM. Is it normal as it supposed to have 3????

Please hit THANKS if you find my post useful

Nokia 3310 > Nokia 2100 > Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia 6630 > Nokia 6680 > Nokia N95 > Nokia N96 > Nokia 5800 > Nokia C6-01 > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Quadbeas > Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 > Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005