OP Member
Flag Bjelovar
Thanks Meter: 101

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecatae

hi fergy,

do you want a source, or a kernel, or a boot.img or?

Source of Kernel (if possible).
I have own, but just to see (if You have WORKING Kernel) where is problem and what is wrong as from above, that Kernel will never work with device.
Thank You.
PS, You can send link on PM or mail if You don't want it public (for now).
Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to fergy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2013, 08:24 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 104

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergy

Source of Kernel (if possible).
I have own, but just to see (if You have WORKING Kernel) where is problem and what is wrong as from above, that Kernel will never work with device.
Thank You.
PS, You can send link on PM or mail if You don't want it public (for now).
Regards

this is where I'm using for source https://github.com/TeamHackLG/lge-ke...ree/l3/3.4/4.1
The Following User Says Thank You to hecatae For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2013, 08:30 PM   |  #23  
OP Member
Flag Bjelovar

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecatae

this is where I'm using for source https://github.com/TeamHackLG/lge-ke...ree/l3/3.4/4.1

Ok. Will be back within 15 minutes and tell what is wrong.
Btw, what config is used? E600?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fergy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2013, 09:14 PM   |  #24  
OP Member
Flag Bjelovar

46 posts
More
Quote:

Ok. Will be back within 15 minutes and tell what is wrong.
Btw, what config is used? E600?

OK, I got it, cyanogenmod_e0_defconfig....

So, from where to start?
Let's go from config.

In You cyanogenmod_e0_defconfig is pretty mess.... there are drivers enabled but was NOT present in E0 board. Let me show some of it:

Code:
MSM7X27A_RUMI3
APDS9190
SX150X
RT9396
BMA2X2
BACKLIGHT_GENERIC
Then, I don't see any memory allocator enabled in defconfig... slub? slob? slab has become a generic... so, slub is for normal machines, and slob is for embedded...

For Your notice, in BOARD_INCLUDE... or if You want, 'board_v3.h' header, try with following for begin:
Code:
#define SENSOR_GPIO_I2C_SCL		49
#define SENSOR_GPIO_I2C_SDA		48
#define ECOM_GPIO_INT			35
#define ECOM_I2C_ADDRESS		0x10
... sure, if You use CONFIG_MACH_MSM7X25A_V3

This is how sensors work, but PLEASE, don't use BMA2X2!!!
Use BMA250 instead.

PS, and please, remove those "GHOST" drivers mentioned above...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fergy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2013, 10:22 PM   |  #25  
OP Member
Flag Bjelovar

46 posts
More
following:

Code:
#define TS_READ_VERSION_ADDR  0xE3
is wrong, as 8000'er use 0xF5 as reading of version...

so, in other words, 3rd version of touchscreen driver is NOT compatible with 1st/2nd touchscreen driver, and You cannot use port of E410 (or whatever other device) touchscreen driver for E400/E405.

And for last thing, please take any diff viewer and check board main files.... Compare it with old Kernel and You will see where is problem....
Just to be clear, E400 have an extra power regulator chip, so You can name it in newer kernels miniAB as V1 use, but it use it for backlight.
For E0, there is RT8053.
So, at first, You don't have right power for devices (I was mention that somewhere in forum) and without right power and right delays (as We talk with GPIO's) E0 board cannot work (lcd as first), as You need right power to wake chip, some delay and then You can communicate with it. That is right way for E0.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fergy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2013, 08:37 AM   |  #26  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,577

833 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

following:

Code:
#define TS_READ_VERSION_ADDR  0xE3
is wrong, as 8000'er use 0xF5 as reading of version...

so, in other words, 3rd version of touchscreen driver is NOT compatible with 1st/2nd touchscreen driver, and You cannot use port of E410 (or whatever other device) touchscreen driver for E400/E405.

And for last thing, please take any diff viewer and check board main files.... Compare it with old Kernel and You will see where is problem....
Just to be clear, E400 have an extra power regulator chip, so You can name it in newer kernels miniAB as V1 use, but it use it for backlight.
For E0, there is RT8053.
So, at first, You don't have right power for devices (I was mention that somewhere in forum) and without right power and right delays (as We talk with GPIO's) E0 board cannot work (lcd as first), as You need right power to wake chip, some delay and then You can communicate with it. That is right way for E0.

For the touchscreen, it doesn't need to know the version it's on. It's a waste of code, decreases boot time, and will be removed as soon as possible. The code from melfas 6000 to 8000 has remained relatively the same, with only minor changes.

I know it isn't right to do so, and can cause massive issues, but the backlight did work because they go down the same pins, and the drivers are evidently similar (not really much you can vary in a backlight driver. On, off, intensity. It should all be the same really). Yes I've already changed back to the proper driver.

The power manager I haven't looked into yet, but really? A device as terrible as the l3 has it's own power regulator? Would have thought it would use the onboard one to save money.

Edit:
Yes I know to remove the unused stuff. The issue is I don't have the device, and I'm waiting for hours to even see if the minimal changes I make are still allowing it to work. Yesterday I only got one build done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Last edited by cybojenix; 18th November 2013 at 08:39 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cybojenix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2013, 05:20 PM   |  #27  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 41

155 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535283 there's someone which is ready to help...must see plzz

Sent from my LG-E400 using xda app-developers app
22nd November 2013, 10:39 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 7

83 posts
this may be helpful http://www.modaco.com/topic/361279-g...0-development/
1st December 2013, 09:56 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 104

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombienotdead

this may be helpful http://www.modaco.com/topic/361279-g...0-development/

offline charging fix may be, personally I think we should repartition the device as soon as it starts becoming functional, your warranty is void etc etc, and an updated touch recovery may be nice.
4th January 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #30  
OP Member
Flag Bjelovar

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybojenix

For the touchscreen, it doesn't need to know the version it's on. It's a waste of code, decreases boot time, and will be removed as soon as possible. The code from melfas 6000 to 8000 has remained relatively the same, with only minor changes.

I know it isn't right to do so, and can cause massive issues, but the backlight did work because they go down the same pins, and the drivers are evidently similar (not really much you can vary in a backlight driver. On, off, intensity. It should all be the same really). Yes I've already changed back to the proper driver.

The power manager I haven't looked into yet, but really? A device as terrible as the l3 has it's own power regulator? Would have thought it would use the onboard one to save money.

Edit:
Yes I know to remove the unused stuff. The issue is I don't have the device, and I'm waiting for hours to even see if the minimal changes I make are still allowing it to work. Yesterday I only got one build done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sorry for delay.... Well, as I say, You can belive or not, L3 have PM chip... He also have miniabb regulator (LP8727) and PMIC8029

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fergy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread