5,596,066 Members 33,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Spotlite - Listen to Spotify [Spotify Client for Premium/Unlimited Users]

Tip us?

hsalps
Old
(Last edited by hsalps; 21st October 2013 at 04:11 AM.) Reason: Updated Download URL
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [APP] Spotlite - Listen to Spotify [Spotify Client for Premium/Unlimited Users]

Since Spotify will not build a store app for Windows 8/8.1, I decided to develop my own app to listen to Spotify. It took a few months to understand how to call in to Spotify but after many trials it is working and stable. It has been on the Windows Store for over a week now and I have fixed many glaring glitches to make the experience smooth. Currently it only supports Spotify Premium/Unlimited users as Free accounts have to show spotify advertisements at regular interval and have many restrictions. If you have a Spotify Account and would like to try this on Windows 8 then head over to the Windows Store and download it. Here is the link to the description page and the download link is in the page. It is only available in all the countries where Spotify is available. Feel free to report any glitches on this thread or at the spotlite website.

Download Page

[Update 10/16/2013: It now allows free spotify users to login and play tracks]
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to hsalps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gerke
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsalps View Post
Since Spotify will not build a store app for Windows 8/8.1, I decided to develop my own app to listen to Spotify. It took a few months to reverse engineer Spotify APIs but finally it is working and stable. It has been on the Windows Store for over a week now and I have fixed many glaring glitches to make the experience smooth. Currently it only supports Spotify Premium/Unlimited users as Free accounts have to show spotify advertisements at regular interval and have many restrictions. If you have a Spotify Account and would like to try this on Windows 8 then head over to the Windows Store and download it. Here is the link to the description page and the download link is in the page. It is only available in select countries like US, Sweden, Germany, UK, Mexico etc. Feel free to report any glitches on this thread or at the spotlite website.

Thanks
Hsalps
Great work, I've seen it working with a friend of mine.
Unfortunately, my store account is dutch and I can't find/install the app.
Can you fix that, it's much appreciated if you can.

Wiz
Old
(Last edited by Wiz; 1st October 2013 at 08:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerke View Post
Great work, I've seen it working with a friend of mine.
Unfortunately, my store account is dutch and I can't find/install the app.
Can you fix that, it's much appreciated if you can.
Same here ... Awesome initiative, and or those who do not see it in the store (yet), change your location to United Kingdom and it will appear. Install it and set your location back to your original location.
__________________________________________________ _________________

HTC One M8 16Gb - Gun Metal Grey - SuperCID - S-OFF - AHRD 5.0 Dalvik
__________________________________________________ _________________
If you value custom ROM development, demonstrate it please ...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6kzfdjx72ijbbb/androidrevrec2.png
The Following User Says Thank You to Wiz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FrozenLord
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Info 2 Wrong location query in marketplace?

Quote:
It is only available in select countries like US, Sweden, Germany, UK, Mexico etc.
Hey there, thanks for this great app!
I really love the look and have been wondering for quite some time, why Spotify won't build a Metro app.

But I have one problem with your app: it requires a US location.
To clarify, I use two Windows 8 PCs and am based in Germany.
On my main PC, I could easily access your app via the market place, while on my tablet it just wouldn't find the app.
After running through all my settings, I found out that my main PC (for whatever reason) was set to US location (settings panel - region - location).
When I checked my tablet, it was set to Germany...
After changing this the app finally appeared on the tablet as well
Could you please correct this?

Thanks.

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenLord View Post
Hey there, thanks for this great app!
I really love the look and have been wondering for quite some time, why Spotify won't build a Metro app.

But I have one problem with your app: it requires a US location.
Quote:
It is only available in select countries like US, Sweden, Germany, UK, Mexico etc.

It mentioned the region lock in the original post, but you should have been able to get it in germany...
The Following User Says Thank You to SixSixSevenSeven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

habnzrot
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Currently listening to my spotify playlists on this app! works great, and a big thanks to OP

hsalps
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven View Post
It mentioned the region lock in the original post, but you should have been able to get it in germany...
I think i was very tired fixing all the bugs when i wrote the original post. Spotlite is being launched in various countries in a phased manner, so far it is available in Australia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Sweden, UK, US. I will launch the app in all the markets tonight and it should be available in the store by tomorrow.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hsalps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sephi
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Your app is awesome, thanks a lot! I got one problem though: Playback often stops, telling me that my internet connection is too slow. Which certainly isn't the case. I never had that problem with my pc or my mobile phone and I'm always streaming the highest quality possible. Any idea?

hsalps
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Your app is awesome, thanks a lot! I got one problem though: Playback often stops, telling me that my internet connection is too slow. Which certainly isn't the case. I never had that problem with my pc or my mobile phone and I'm always streaming the highest quality possible. Any idea?
hmmm. Is it possible for you to reproduce the problem and send me the Spotlite.log file?

Here are the instructions on how to find this log file.

1. Press windows key + R
2. Type %localappdata%\Packages\49573Spotlite.Spotlite-ListentoSpotify_z5pndgmqb06wp\LocalState and press enter
3. Open Spotlite.log and remove all lines starting containing the string "name":"connect","id":"0". I do not want your auth token
4. PM me the modified spotlite.log file.
The Following User Says Thank You to hsalps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sephi
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Im getting errors all the time now it's barely working. Maybe its because I'm still on preview?