Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where can I get the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant?

Tip us?

pego99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Where can I get the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant?

I want to update from MDK to ME7.

When I plug the phone into the computer it mounts as a media device.

How do I get the Upgrade assistant?

lukesdiesel
Old
Thanks Meter 11
You don't want to update

Luke

hexitnow
Old
(Last edited by hexitnow; 27th September 2013 at 10:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesdiesel View Post
You don't want to update

Luke
Surprised at how many psychics are on this forum. If you upgrade to me7 you lose the exploitable bootloader and cant flash custom recovery. Me7 still has root and safestrap so you can still get custom roms that route. If youre still interested you could always try taking the ota or download the stock me7 image and flash via odin. When it comes to the upgrade assistant ive never used that so sorry cant help on that front.

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.
and-roms.com
Nvidia Shield Root and More

KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ chown -R US ./base
chown: ./base: No such file or directory
KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ mkdir ./base
ownership changed

pego99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexitnow View Post
Surprised at how many psychics are on this forum. If you upgrade to me7 you lose the exploitable bootloader and cant flash custom recovery. Me7 still has root and safestrap so you can still get custom roms that route. If youre still interested you could always try taking the ota or download the stock me7 image and flash via odin. When it comes to the upgrade assistant ive never used that so sorry cant help on that front.

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.
Thanks I upgraded using kies and it worked like a charm but then i tried to do a backup using twrp and got stuck in a odin bootloop but thanks to this site I was able to get out of that boot loop with vol down and power. thank God. I thought I bricked it.

hexitnow
Old
Thanks Meter 328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pego99 View Post
Thanks I upgraded using kies and it worked like a charm but then i tried to do a backup using twrp and got stuck in a odin bootloop but thanks to this site I was able to get out of that boot loop with vol down and power. thank God. I thought I bricked it.
Like I was saying you cant flash a custom recovery on me7. Safestrap is your only option if youre looking to rom.

and-roms.com
Nvidia Shield Root and More

chown: ./base: No such file or directory
KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ mkdir ./base
ownership changed