OTG Power Lock

Search This thread

Angelus89

Sep 14, 2012
Sydney
Hey Guys,

Ive written a small app that will prevent your Device from putting your "mounted" OTG Device to sleep. This was an issue for me because my Nexus 7 would put my Mini Micro SD Reader (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andyfei/mini-microsd-reader-for-android-smartphones-and-ta), to sleep and wouldn't re-power it when the device was woken up.

Its uploading to Google Play, but ive attached it to this post aswell.

Please give me some feedback guys, and Ill try to address any issues you find.

XDA:DevDB Information
OTG Power Lock, a Tool/Utility for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
Angelus89

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2013-09-28

Created 2013-09-27
Last Updated 2013-09-27

Claribelsmith

May 27, 2013
i am getting up to the news right at the moment .. so going to give it a try to see how good it is .. off course, i will post my response once find it good

BladeZero

Apr 10, 2012
Joberg
I haven't tested the app as I don't have an otg card reader yet but a concern which u may of put into the app is, for battery life's sake can u turn the power on and off to the reader.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using XDA Premium [HD], for the man who wants to use the best tablet screen ever made.

PJ Clifford

Jan 14, 2013
Central Illinois
Well, thanks for the effort, but it didn't work on my N7. I am stock, rooted. Basically, no change. As soon as the tablet slept, the activity light on the reader went out. Waking it up, the light did not come back on. I tried copying a file from the reader and it errored out. I started, then tried stopping the service in your app, then restarting it. It still didn't work.

Did I miss anything?

gmitre

Oct 29, 2010
This was absolutely perfect for me! I was searching for this a long time.
Angelus89, i am developing a app that needs to keep the OTG on full time, but i can't start your service from my app.
It's possible to tell how can i implement this on my app ?

Thank you very much!

Top Liked Posts