[Q] Some pointers: dashboard installation of Note
My Note is dead:
and probably not worth fixing at this stage. So I'm repurposing it to an in-car installation; the old crappy factory satnav is being ripped out, the bezel modified, and the Note clipped in in its place. Permanently wired to power through USB of course. Hoping to get a couple of tips on this:
1. Since the power button won't be easily accessible once installed, I hope not to have to touch it too often. Any suggested tweaks, mods, or settings to make the phone:
- go into the lowest possible power sleep mode (network, bluetooth etc. off) automatically when power goes off. (i.e. ignition off)
- wake up fully (network, bluetooth etc. on) automatically when power restored. (i.e. ignition on)
- (hard one) power on automatically if phone battery is flat and power is switched on
2. The Note doesn't work as a phone (dead SIM socket). But it's going to be there as part of the dashboard. Is there any… remote app or protocol that would allow it to use the network connectivity of another Android device to make and receive phone calls? Just like you can set up a portable hotspot to allow another device to use your phones data connection, can you allow another device to use your phones modem to make a voice connection? Idea is I would take my regular phone, shove it on a charger in the glove compartment, then make and receive calls on that phone via the Note built-in to the dashboard.
Or failing that, some kind of VNC remote desktop for Android, so I can *control* my regular phone in the glove compartment, without touching it, from the Note?
3. It's going to be in landscape mode permanently of course. Is there an app that will allow me to tell the phone to disregard the hardware buttons (home/back/menu etc.) and replace those with soft buttons on the bottom of the landscape oriented screen?
Running 4.0.4 / Seraphim Mesosphere ROM.