Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[=v=] DOMINATE YOUR LG-OPTIMUS-L9-P769 - \m/ (>_<) \m/

Tip us?

villan.co
Old
(Last edited by villan.co; 10th October 2013 at 05:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Angry [=v=] DOMINATE YOUR LG-OPTIMUS-L9-P769 - \m/ (>_<) \m/

i can not help those who see no need for help. good luck with life. thread closed.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to villan.co For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

villan.co
Old
(Last edited by villan.co; 10th October 2013 at 05:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
xxx
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to villan.co For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

villan.co
Old
(Last edited by villan.co; 10th October 2013 at 05:21 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
xxx
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to villan.co For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leolawliet
Old
Thanks Meter 1,065
Excellent work dude, I linked your thread to my sig
Current device: NVIDIA Project Shield

ROM: Stock KitKat 4.4.2

My work:

Quote:
- E739 -
PenberRom1 - CM7 mod
PenberRom2 - PA+AOKP+CM9 mod
LeoDexed - Modded Stock ROM

- P769 -
PenberRom5 - twinnfamous' PACrom JB 4.3.1 with my tweaks + mods
CMX - My modded cm-10.2 ROM from source. Installer is AROMA based.

- Tweaks-
egl patch - Disable CPU Rendering + older build.prop tweaks
Codename LightningBolt - A set of tweaks I put together

villan.co
Old
(Last edited by villan.co; 28th September 2013 at 11:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
thanks man! i know there's a LOT of people anxious to get their teeth into this, and i'm staying up as long as i can to get it as close to complete as i can before i crash, so that by the time i wake up, every one is running an unlocked bootloader or a rooted phone - and no one is softbricked.

btw, not sure who to ask, but it says you're a "senior member", so, do you know if i can change my screen name on this site to "villan" (purposely misspelled, to reflect my other project's name (villan.co))?

LaDY Vengeance
Old
(Last edited by LaDY Vengeance; 28th September 2013 at 02:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 416
No PBJ for me. I spent a good 2 hours sending the adb reboot oem-unlock using cmd in Windows with admin. Now, I've spent an hour my Linux Mint laptop. I'm going to keep trying but I'm feeling very silly repeating the commands over and over. Are you sure about this?

leolawliet
Old
Thanks Meter 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentientsystem View Post
thanks man! i know there's a LOT of people anxious to get their teeth into this, and i'm staying up as long as i can to get it as close to complete as i can before i crash, so that by the time i wake up, every one is running an unlocked bootloader or a rooted phone - and no one is softbricked.

btw, not sure who to ask, but it says you're a "senior member", so, do you know if i can change my screen name on this site to "villan" (purposely misspelled, to reflect my other project's name (villan.co))?
We don't decide that stuff, admins do, I think

Sent from my LG Optimus L9 running PenberRom5 using Tapatalk 2
Current device: NVIDIA Project Shield

ROM: Stock KitKat 4.4.2

My work:

Quote:
- E739 -
PenberRom1 - CM7 mod
PenberRom2 - PA+AOKP+CM9 mod
LeoDexed - Modded Stock ROM

- P769 -
PenberRom5 - twinnfamous' PACrom JB 4.3.1 with my tweaks + mods
CMX - My modded cm-10.2 ROM from source. Installer is AROMA based.

- Tweaks-
egl patch - Disable CPU Rendering + older build.prop tweaks
Codename LightningBolt - A set of tweaks I put together

LaDY Vengeance
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Okay....maybe I'm not patient but I've had enough. I'm about ready to toss both my laptop and phone out of my window. Back to stock 20h.
The Following User Says Thank You to LaDY Vengeance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bulletfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 37
i'll be trying this today. No wonder it didn't work, i was 20f. Now i have to be mad at T-Mobile and LG. This coming from the same people who brought us the Nexus 4. How could they mess things up this badly?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

do i still have to flash to ICS before 20B?
LG Optimus L9 P769BK - Kumakan

List of 2nd-init roms for the Optimus L9: http://forum.xda-developers.com/opti...-roms-t2855797

Help port CyanogenMod 10 to 2nd-init: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2724943

wilvelas
Old
(Last edited by wilvelas; 28th September 2013 at 06:13 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 0
Default unbrickable?!?

Thanks for dumbing this one down, but I think I managed to screw things up anyways.

I've gotten the dreaded "Security Error" and can't seem to get the phone to be recognized by the computer anymore. I can get the phone to the S/W ugrade screen, the drives load, but the adb, the lg software, fastboot, all don't recognize the phone. Did you ever run into something like this? If so, what methods did you use to unbrick?

Thanks!

** EDIT **
So I was able to finally get it to fastboot using Lelus fastboot package. Kept trying to load the files for JB (option 7), would get the flipped fastboot screen, phone would restart. Would enter S/W update mode but not communicate with KDZ. Instead I used option 5 to load ICS, got the flipped screen again, waited for the phone to restart, entered S/W update mode, and now KDZ connected to the phone. Currently going back to stock before trying unlock boot loader again Cheers