[APP/KERNEL] DUAL BOOT S PLUS
Together with @h0rn3t we bring you Dual Boot Support for our beloved GT-I9001.
Let's get started :)
CM or other AOSP like ROM based on 2.3.6+
Minimum ~350MB internal storage free space
External SD (min 4GB, the higher class, the better)
The process is fairly simple. The application will format your external-sd (we recommend to back up your personal data), then create 3 partitions as follows:
- /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 -> storage (formatted VFAT)
- /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 -> /system (formatted EXT4)
- /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 -> /data (formatted EXT4)
After that you'll be given the possibility to flash a secondary ROM on your EXT-SD (currently only 4.1.2+ ROM's are supported as secondary and 2.3.6+ as primary).
At last, you'll be able to switch between ROM's within the app.
WARNING: Partitioning and flashing operations could take up to 5 minutes each to complete !
- Download the app and kernel pack from the Downloads section
- If you want the app to be automatically installed on the secondary ROM, push the app to /system/app and give proper permissions (rw-r-r or 644). Otherwise, just install it normally.
- Backup your personal data from the external sd card.
- Run the app and partition your external-sd.
- In app, choose flashing then choose your preferred secondary ROM from your internal SD card (must be 4.1.2 or higher).
- Your phone will reboot into recovery and automatically flash the secondary ROM. (in CWM, if you get "Signature Verification Failed", continue flashing, it is normal)
- After the flashing process is done, you'll be redirected to your primary ROM.
- On your internal SD-Card, you'll have a folder called DualBootSplus, open it up.
- Copy the kernels from the kernels pack into their appropriate subfolder. (eg CM-10 kernel (boot2.img) goes into 4.1.2 subfolder -> you'll have to create the subfolder if it doesn't exit)
- Now you can switch between ROM's or flash secondary gapps within the app.
- The kernel pack contains 2 kernel types for each ROM, Stock and OPT. OPT means that is has all the features from Phenom Kernel.
- You must put only 1 boot2.img type (stock or OPT) in the DualBootSplus subfolders.
- The app has integrated the 4.2.2 OPT kernel so you only need to put the stock boot2.img on your 4.2.2 subfolder. (if you want stock kernel).
- The kernel will determinate which ROM will be booted. So, if you have a primary and secondary ROM, you can quickly switch between them within the app (make sure you have the kernels in the SD-Card subfolders), or manually by flashing the correspondent kernel.
- The boot2.img can be flashed separately in ADB.
Special thanks goes to @Christopher83 for his kernel sources.
[GT-I9001] Dual Boot S Plus, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Current Stable Version:
Stable Release Date: