Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,440 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note 3 Handwriting to text not working

Tip us?

edem84
Old
Thanks Meter 56
The license has expired but you can until Samsung fix the problem, download the blind play the original app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ile.v3_2_store

Envoyé avec Gnote 3 SM-N 900
Galaxy Note 3 - SM-N900 : JB 4.3 N900XXUCMK2 /Root :CF-Auto-Root
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edem84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ian9outof10
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by edem84 View Post
The license has expired but you can until Samsung fix the problem, download the blind play the original app

Thank you for this, works perfectly.

inffy
Old
Thanks Meter 629

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The license has expired but you can until Samsung fix the problem, download the blind play the original app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ile.v3_2_store

That doesn't have the normal finger input keyboard right? So i would have to use the pen all the time?
Device: Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black
ROM: SlimKat Weekly
Recovery: TWRP

agbbah
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Thanks for that .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

ian9outof10
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
The license has expired but you can until Samsung fix the problem, download the blind play the original app

Quote:
Originally Posted by inffy View Post
That doesn't have the normal finger input keyboard right? So i would have to use the pen all the time?
No, it works fine with the Samsung keyboard, it's almost like adding that app just extends the licence.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Actually, it works on one of my Note 3s, but not the other. Odd.

congusto
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:

Thanks for this fix. Something I couldn't find: Is there a quick way to switch between the Samsung keyboard and the MyScript "keyboard"?

Luycks
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by congusto View Post
Thanks for this fix. Something I couldn't find: Is there a quick way to switch between the Samsung keyboard and the MyScript "keyboard"?
That would be my question too! Can't switch quickly between both input methods. Someone has a solution?
Grtz, Marty

Please hit the 'thanks' button when I helped you solve your case.
Owned a Samsung Galaxy Note, Note 2 and now own a European Snapdragon (SM-N9005, fw MJ7) Note 3 (Root de la Vega (kept status 'Samsung Official' and Knox 0x0!(->MJ1->MJ3)/Mobile Odin Pro (MJ3->MJ7)) - thanx designgears, wanam and Chainfire!)
About to trip knox now because of the latest Samsung statements and I'm convinced some custom roms can do even better then stock. Going to try XNote 7.0 to start...

dark_dude
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luycks View Post
That would be my question too! Can't switch quickly between both input methods. Someone has a solution?
What about the change IME notification in the status bar. Should appear as soon as you enter a text area. Should be fast enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to dark_dude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dash7869
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian9outof10 View Post
No, it works fine with the Samsung keyboard, it's almost like adding that app just extends the licence.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Actually, it works on one of my Note 3s, but not the other. Odd.
yeah it didnt work for me.. as in it didnt extend the license of the Samsung kb handwriting recognition but still thanks for the recommendation

that will have to work interim but i do hope Samsung releases a patch real soon.. its so annoying to have to switching between keyboards, especially when we didnt have to!!

e-mcani
Old
Thanks Meter 20
official update; Google Play> Search> " Samsung Keyboard Note 3" > and "Update" > restart the phone... and fixed...

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to e-mcani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]