Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HP Slate 8 pro

Tip us?

ToiletDucky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default HP Slate 8 pro

Just finished reading the Spec's on this thing and it looks like the perfect tablet I've been waiting for. I wish Samsung would pick up their skirt and get dirty on the galaxy tabs but until they do I'm seriously considering picking up this guy. I've been on an iPad 2 and need to get away from the apple ecosystem.

What are your impressions on this tablet and do you think there will be community support for it. I don't want something I can't root.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Zeuscluts
Old
Thanks Meter 2888

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToiletDucky View Post
Just finished reading the Spec's on this thing and it looks like the perfect tablet I've been waiting for. I wish Samsung would pick up their skirt and get dirty on the galaxy tabs but until they do I'm seriously considering picking up this guy. I've been on an iPad 2 and need to get away from the apple ecosystem.

What are your impressions on this tablet and do you think there will be community support for it. I don't want something I can't root.

If you were on an iOS ecosystem.
Then don't even think to come to android

--------------------Signature--------------------
Have Courtesy To Hit Thanks,
If I helped You!!!!

Check My Signature For More Works.
http://hmpshah.com/signature/
Need Some Cool Graphic's Visit Gfxbandits

Click the Below TAB for More Info.

ToiletDucky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuscluts View Post
If you were on an iOS ecosystem.
Then don't even think to come to android

--------------------Signature--------------------
Have Courtesy To Hit Thanks,
If I helped You!!!!

Check My Signature For More Works.
http://hmpshah.com/signature/
My phone is a HTC one like I said I want to get rid of the iPad. LG Goad looks promising too

rumatt
Old
Thanks Meter 16
What specs? Other than resolution I haven't seen much.

I'm glad to see more 4x3 android tablets and am strongly considering the Slate 8 pro. I really don't like 16x10 for a tablet.

x000x
Old
Thanks Meter 114
looks like you can buy one now. $329 isnt too bad, but it only has 1gb of ram. previews mentioned it would have 2gb i think

rumatt
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by x000x View Post
looks like you can buy one now. $329 isnt too bad, but it only has 1gb of ram. previews mentioned it would have 2gb i think
Yeah what we're they thinking with 1 gig?

x000x
Old
Thanks Meter 114
my guess is it was to keep the price down. something tells me they'll probably have a slate 10 pro eventually. maybe they'll put 2gb in that one instead

rumatt
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Anyone buy this bad boy yet? It's available at B&h and now online at Best Buy too.

Does it come with multi-year out of the box?

I picked up the Acer Iconia A1 810 at Staples for $99 and I love the 4x3 ratio. It makes me think I need to buy the Slate 8 pro as a faster, higher resolution replacement.

I'm a bit worried about the 1 gig though, particularly since I want multi-user. What does android do when it's out of ram? Kill apps? Pop up errors?

kenneth2008
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Been keeping a keen eye on this one too since its announcement - pretty much the same reason as all the above posts.

15% off from the UK's HP website for Cyber Monday (today) was just enough incentive for me to hit the "buy" button... its still 237 after the discount - ouch!! >_<

I'll report back once it arrives if any one is interested?

K.

redstapler
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth2008 View Post
Been keeping a keen eye on this one too since its announcement - pretty much the same reason as all the above posts.

15% off from the UK's HP website for Cyber Monday (today) was just enough incentive for me to hit the "buy" button... its still 237 after the discount - ouch!! >_<

I'll report back once it arrives if any one is interested?

K.