TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

HP Slate 8 pro

OP ToiletDucky

30th September 2013, 04:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

81 posts
Just finished reading the Spec's on this thing and it looks like the perfect tablet I've been waiting for. I wish Samsung would pick up their skirt and get dirty on the galaxy tabs but until they do I'm seriously considering picking up this guy. I've been on an iPad 2 and need to get away from the apple ecosystem.

What are your impressions on this tablet and do you think there will be community support for it. I don't want something I can't root.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
1st October 2013, 07:44 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToiletDucky

Just finished reading the Spec's on this thing and it looks like the perfect tablet I've been waiting for. I wish Samsung would pick up their skirt and get dirty on the galaxy tabs but until they do I'm seriously considering picking up this guy. I've been on an iPad 2 and need to get away from the apple ecosystem.

What are your impressions on this tablet and do you think there will be community support for it. I don't want something I can't root.

If you were on an iOS ecosystem.
Then don't even think to come to android

--------------------Signature--------------------
Have Courtesy To Hit Thanks,
If I helped You!!!!

Check My Signature For More Works.
http://hmpshah.com/signature/
1st October 2013, 08:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuscluts

If you were on an iOS ecosystem.
Then don't even think to come to android

--------------------Signature--------------------
Have Courtesy To Hit Thanks,
If I helped You!!!!

Check My Signature For More Works.
http://hmpshah.com/signature/

My phone is a HTC one like I said I want to get rid of the iPad. LG Goad looks promising too

5th October 2013, 08:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 18

149 posts
What specs? Other than resolution I haven't seen much.

I'm glad to see more 4x3 android tablets and am strongly considering the Slate 8 pro. I really don't like 16x10 for a tablet.
22nd November 2013, 06:36 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 118

605 posts
looks like you can buy one now. $329 isnt too bad, but it only has 1gb of ram. previews mentioned it would have 2gb i think
22nd November 2013, 03:38 PM   |  #6  

149 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x000x

looks like you can buy one now. $329 isnt too bad, but it only has 1gb of ram. previews mentioned it would have 2gb i think

Yeah what we're they thinking with 1 gig?
22nd November 2013, 05:12 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 118

605 posts
my guess is it was to keep the price down. something tells me they'll probably have a slate 10 pro eventually. maybe they'll put 2gb in that one instead
2nd December 2013, 03:06 PM   |  #8  

149 posts
Anyone buy this bad boy yet? It's available at B&h and now online at Best Buy too.

Does it come with multi-year out of the box?

I picked up the Acer Iconia A1 810 at Staples for $99 and I love the 4x3 ratio. It makes me think I need to buy the Slate 8 pro as a faster, higher resolution replacement.

I'm a bit worried about the 1 gig though, particularly since I want multi-user. What does android do when it's out of ram? Kill apps? Pop up errors?
2nd December 2013, 03:07 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Been keeping a keen eye on this one too since its announcement - pretty much the same reason as all the above posts.

15% off from the UK's HP website for Cyber Monday (today) was just enough incentive for me to hit the "buy" button... its still 237 after the discount - ouch!! >_<

I'll report back once it arrives if any one is interested?

K.
2nd December 2013, 07:45 PM   |  #10  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
More
I am interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth2008

Been keeping a keen eye on this one too since its announcement - pretty much the same reason as all the above posts.

15% off from the UK's HP website for Cyber Monday (today) was just enough incentive for me to hit the "buy" button... its still 237 after the discount - ouch!! >_<

I'll report back once it arrives if any one is interested?

K.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread