FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

HP Slate 8 pro

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By ToiletDucky, Member on 30th September 2013, 04:38 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just finished reading the Spec's on this thing and it looks like the perfect tablet I've been waiting for. I wish Samsung would pick up their skirt and get dirty on the galaxy tabs but until they do I'm seriously considering picking up this guy. I've been on an iPad 2 and need to get away from the apple ecosystem.

What are your impressions on this tablet and do you think there will be community support for it. I don't want something I can't root.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
 
 
1st October 2013, 07:44 PM |#2  
Zeuscluts's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,967
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToiletDucky

Just finished reading the Spec's on this thing and it looks like the perfect tablet I've been waiting for. I wish Samsung would pick up their skirt and get dirty on the galaxy tabs but until they do I'm seriously considering picking up this guy. I've been on an iPad 2 and need to get away from the apple ecosystem.

What are your impressions on this tablet and do you think there will be community support for it. I don't want something I can't root.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

If you were on an iOS ecosystem.
Then don't even think to come to android

--------------------Signature--------------------
Have Courtesy To Hit Thanks,
If I helped You!!!!

Check My Signature For More Works.
http://hmpshah.com/signature/
1st October 2013, 08:18 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuscluts

If you were on an iOS ecosystem.
Then don't even think to come to android

--------------------Signature--------------------
Have Courtesy To Hit Thanks,
If I helped You!!!!

Check My Signature For More Works.
http://hmpshah.com/signature/

My phone is a HTC one like I said I want to get rid of the iPad. LG Goad looks promising too

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
5th October 2013, 08:10 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
What specs? Other than resolution I haven't seen much.

I'm glad to see more 4x3 android tablets and am strongly considering the Slate 8 pro. I really don't like 16x10 for a tablet.
22nd November 2013, 06:36 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
looks like you can buy one now. $329 isnt too bad, but it only has 1gb of ram. previews mentioned it would have 2gb i think
22nd November 2013, 03:38 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x000x

looks like you can buy one now. $329 isnt too bad, but it only has 1gb of ram. previews mentioned it would have 2gb i think

Yeah what we're they thinking with 1 gig?
22nd November 2013, 05:12 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
my guess is it was to keep the price down. something tells me they'll probably have a slate 10 pro eventually. maybe they'll put 2gb in that one instead
2nd December 2013, 03:06 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Anyone buy this bad boy yet? It's available at B&h and now online at Best Buy too.

Does it come with multi-year out of the box?

I picked up the Acer Iconia A1 810 at Staples for $99 and I love the 4x3 ratio. It makes me think I need to buy the Slate 8 pro as a faster, higher resolution replacement.

I'm a bit worried about the 1 gig though, particularly since I want multi-user. What does android do when it's out of ram? Kill apps? Pop up errors?
2nd December 2013, 03:07 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Been keeping a keen eye on this one too since its announcement - pretty much the same reason as all the above posts.

15% off from the UK's HP website for Cyber Monday (today) was just enough incentive for me to hit the "buy" button... its still 237 after the discount - ouch!! >_<

I'll report back once it arrives if any one is interested?

K.
2nd December 2013, 07:45 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I am interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth2008

Been keeping a keen eye on this one too since its announcement - pretty much the same reason as all the above posts.

15% off from the UK's HP website for Cyber Monday (today) was just enough incentive for me to hit the "buy" button... its still 237 after the discount - ouch!! >_<

I'll report back once it arrives if any one is interested?

K.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes