Oh how I wish I saw this thread before..
So I sure did break my digitizer.. and when I tried to replace it, it sure was glued to the LCD, and it did come apart lol. On the brighter side, I got a new digitizer and tools, I ordered an LCD but they shipped the wrong one.. but I will say this, I don't think it's that hard to take apart and reassemble.. aside from everything being glued together, and from what I gather the international version is not this way. Everything seems to make sense. I am starting to get lonely without her working. Sometimes I ADB into her just to say hi, mount my storage and make sure I got everything out just in case I butterfingers it and short something out. So aside from my agreement, here are the lessons I have learned.
1) Have a hair dryer handy, that glue is like concrete.
2) Don't just tug that battery cable out, the wires will come out of a socket (took 2 hours to get em back in)
3) For those of you whose digitizers and LCD's are broke.. "adb shell /system/bin/sdutil ums enable" will mount your storage so you can backup some stuff.
4) That torx screw driver you think you might need, haven't seen a torx screw yet, just loads of glue.
5) Take pictures of stuff before you disconnect it, and how you disconnected it for reference in reassembly.
6) This is the correct part # for the LCD 60H00664-01P, except no substitutes.
7) There are little crystal gluey things on the back of the digitizer that go through the case and transfer light. Don't expect them to fully light up ever again without remembering to move them (if you can)
8) It's worth fixing, sure I pre-ordered an HTC-One, but my One X will remain my phone because I love her, she's my first HTC and by far my best android ever. My HTC-One will be for Dev purposes >
9) Resist the urge to take the heat shield off to see if you can upgrade your storage by some kind of hidden micro sd, even if there is one, I'm sure it's got 5lbs of that crappy glue AT&T insisted upon.
10) If you think you want to change your digitizer just to rid your self of the AT&T logo, It's not worth it, I'm in it for 18$ for the digitizer and $43.99 for the LCD. Sure it's worth the money, but my sanity is long gone, I will name my next dog sanity.
You guys are the best ever! Good luck! God Speed!