[Quick TUT] How to change the DPI (LCD Density) to the way it should have been
Does it bother you that apps and menus look too big and sometimes not sharp as it should be ? Do you want to see more details and do less scrolling on web browsers, emails, file explorers and more ? Do you use a third party launcher ? If the answer to all of the above is YES, this is for you!
Please read everything carefully before you begin!
- LG Optimus G Pro
- Xposed Framework
(excellent for other stuff too!).
- App Settings
- Build Prop Editor
(you can edit the build.prop with root file explorer too).
- Some Root File Explorer - ES File Explorer
This mod is generally safe, BUT it can harm you device and cause your device to bootloop or FC apps. I'm not responsible for any problem cause by my instructions!
You have to have a third party launcher like Nova/Apex/Next/Go etc (as default) before you begin the processes!
1. Root your LGOGP (voids your warranty).
2. Make a backup of the build.prop TO YOUR PC. You can find it in /System/ directory.
3. Install Xposed Framework following the instructions in the link - Xposed Framework
4. Install App Settings from the link and enable it in Xposed Modules - App Settings
(don't forget to reboot).
5. Install Build Prop Editor
5. Open Build Prop Editor (don't forget to grant it root privilege) and look for "ro.sf.lcd_density" the property value should be "480". Change it to "360" or "320" (I found it most appropriate, but you can change it to what ever suit you). Save and reboot.
I did some testing and found 2 major issues.
1. The Home Launcher Force Closing. For now I haven't found a fix (If you don't use the original launcher you're golden). EDIT: I Found a fix. Open App Setting and look for "Home" (come.lge.launcher2), set in its options "xlarge res" (no need to change anything else) and save.
2. Camera view gets messed. This is where Xposed and App Setting come to play. All you have to do is to open App Settings, look for "Camera" (com.lge.camera) and set in its options the DPI to "480" and save.