Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 42,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAME][2.2+] Mapster

Tip us?

mkrstudio
Old
(Last edited by mkrstudio; 8th October 2013 at 10:38 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [GAME][2.2+] Mapster

Hi all!

Mapster is a geographic quiz game. You are given a map, and asked to find locations of various places. The more accurate you will be - the more points you will earn. If you break 10 000 points with first 10 places - you go to next level, and the game becomes a bit more challenging You can submit your score to leaderboards (ScoreLoop) and compete with friends and others.

With this app you can learn amazingly fast, while enjoying it

There are 13 maps available, each with its own levels, places and leaderboards. Together, it's over 1800 places to guess and learn.

The app is free, no in-game payments, no premium versions. Enjoy

I'll be very happy if you check it out, play it (and fill leaderboards with your results! ), and give me some feedback

Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...studio.mapster

Direct link to download: http://speedy.sh/KXQeW/Mapster.apk

Screenshots:

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to mkrstudio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Colourkey
Old
Thanks Meter 12
What a shame that this itsn't physical map, only political

W każdym razie, świetna!
The Following User Says Thank You to Colourkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinokirk
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Why does this app need access to phone calls?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-09-16-50-29.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	2313465  
Current Devices:
Samsung GT-I9300 - Galaxy S3 | Samsung GT-N9005 - Note 3 - Knox 0x1 - X-Note 16.0
Previous Devices:
Samsung N7000 | Samsung I9100 | HTC Ace | Dell Mini 5 | HTC Leo | HTC Kovsky | HTC Universal | HTC Blue Angel
My Mobile History:
The Following User Says Thank You to vinokirk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mkrstudio
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinokirk View Post
Why does this app need access to phone calls?
No needs to worry

You probably noticed that many apps needs this permission. In fact, it has nothing to do with your phone calls. You can read more here, for example: http://www.womenwithdroids.com/2011/...-and-identity/

This permission is used mainly because all ad networks need it to show more proper ads. Mapster displays ads (but really few, and not annoying I hope)

Feel safe and enjoy the game Today there will be an update, with some fixes, and new languages introduced (thanks to XDA community by the way)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkrstudio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iamelton
Old
(Last edited by iamelton; 10th October 2013 at 03:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 313
thx for the excellent game..

for the "local names" setting, it seems to be not much different from English..
(at least for my native language Chinese, the setting only changes the display to Chinese Pinyin, which is just a romanised way of expressing..)

if u plan for doing translations, i can help with Chinese..
LG Nexus 5 (D821) : KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84P) rooted (by bigxie), Xposed Framework (by rovo89, Tungstwenty)

LG Nexus 4 (E960) : KitKat 4.4.2 (KOT49H) rooted
ASUS Nexus 7 (ME370T) : KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84P) rooted
Sony Xperia S (LT26i) : Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (6.2.B.1.96) rooted, DooMKernel (by DooMLoRD)
Huawei IDEOS X5 (U8800H) : Aurora ICS 5.0u21 (by dzo)

==================================================

[INFO] Disable OTA update notification
The Following User Says Thank You to iamelton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mkrstudio
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamelton View Post
thx for the excellent game..

for the "local names" setting, it seems to be not much different from English..
(at least for my native language Chinese, the setting only changes the display to Chinese Pinyin, which is just a romanised way of expressing..)

if u plan for doing translations, i can help with Chinese..
I'm glad that you like it!

Sure, if you'd like to, would be great Here's the translation project: http://www.getlocalization.com/Mapster

If there's a Chinese translation of game sentences, I'll take care of Chinese spelling of cities also

ApOgedoN
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Nice app! What do you think of an mode to pin down hole country on the world map. I would like it allot more than only cities.

Gesendet von meinem Find 5 mit Tapatalk 4

Clariel
Old
(Last edited by Clariel; 10th October 2013 at 12:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Really need the option to turn the sounds off. Also, being able to zoom in on the map would be helpful. Off to a great start though

EDIT: Why does the leaderboard need my email address?

mkrstudio
Old
(Last edited by mkrstudio; 10th October 2013 at 12:21 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApOgedoN View Post
Nice app! What do you think of an mode to pin down hole country on the world map. I would like it allot more than only cities.

Gesendet von meinem Find 5 mit Tapatalk 4
Thanks

Yes, it would be nice also. For now, I focus on the city quiz only, but as the game gains some more popularity, I'd like to include other geo quizzes in it also, to make something like ultimate geographic quiz app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clariel View Post
Really need the option to turn the sounds off. Also, being able to zoom in on the map would be helpful. Off to a great start though

EDIT: Why does the leaderboard need my email address?
If you connect your ScoreLoop account with your email address, you can use this account later on other device (mainly while moving to new phone) and not lose your old results

Yes, the mute button is needed, and it will appear soon
The Following User Says Thank You to mkrstudio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brian999
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I would like to suggest to change Washington to Washington DC for the North America Map. I had picked the State of Washington and got it incorrect.
Also, I think one of the cities was San Jose. San Jose is a city in both California and Costa Rica.
(Sorry, I'm a Geographic Information Systems Analyst)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brian999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]