Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Reboot cycle after restart help

OP mancuk29

2nd October 2013, 06:40 PM   |  #1  
mancuk29's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 114
 
1,329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
More
I got my gorgeous note 3 this morning and when i updated the phone with all my settings google play started to install my apps

Half way through the phone rebooted and got stuck in a reboot cycle

I couldnt stop the cycle so ended up hard resetting it via volume up power and home (or was it volume down !)

I then found that non of my apps would install even manually i got error 920

I worked out why and removed the device from my play device list

I then installed app of my apps and rebooted the phone to make sure nothing was lurking in the memory after i had installed them

I got stuck in a cycle again and had to pull the batter

I replaced the battery and it carried on

I ended up taking my battery out for 10 mins and then it turned on normally

I tested again and once again it started the reboot cycle

I have spoken to clove technology who advised me to return the phone for a replacement which i have done

my question is has anyone had this issue ? any ideas what caused it ??

The phone was hot but not boiling hot .. i thought it might be a rogue app but it did it again on my next reset with no apps

Love the phone but dissapointed with the handset i got - fingers x the next one is perfect

Thanks in advance
2nd October 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancuk29

I got my gorgeous note 3 this morning and when i updated the phone with all my settings google play started to install my apps

Half way through the phone rebooted and got stuck in a reboot cycle

I couldnt stop the cycle so ended up hard resetting it via volume up power and home (or was it volume down !)

I then found that non of my apps would install even manually i got error 920

I worked out why and removed the device from my play device list

I then installed app of my apps and rebooted the phone to make sure nothing was lurking in the memory after i had installed them

I got stuck in a cycle again and had to pull the batter

I replaced the battery and it carried on

I ended up taking my battery out for 10 mins and then it turned on normally

I tested again and once again it started the reboot cycle

I have spoken to clove technology who advised me to return the phone for a replacement which i have done

my question is has anyone had this issue ? any ideas what caused it ??

The phone was hot but not boiling hot .. i thought it might be a rogue app but it did it again on my next reset with no apps

Love the phone but dissapointed with the handset i got - fingers x the next one is perfect

Thanks in advance

I had a boot loop aswell.. but only while connected to a USB cable.. unplugged it and all was fine..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4
2nd October 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #3  
mancuk29's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 114
 
1,329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade777

I had a boot loop aswell.. but only while connected to a USB cable.. unplugged it and all was fine..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

My note 3 did it without the charger plugged in .

It was stock uk firmware completely untouched
2nd October 2013, 08:27 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 3
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
I have the same issue. I have found that it is because of conflict between some apps (app), micro sd and sim card. If I put off the micro sd, its ok. If i turn on "Flight mode", its ok too. And when i have wiped my device it was ok too (with sd inserted) untill i had installed my apps (I have more than 300 of them, so its very difficult to identify, which of them causes this problem).
Hope together we will solve this problem
Last edited by danushenko; 2nd October 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: mistake
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danushenko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2013, 08:48 PM   |  #5  
mancuk29's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 114
 
1,329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danushenko

I have the same issue. I have found that it is because of conflict between some apps (app), micro sd and sim card. If I put off the micro sd, its ok. If i turn on "Flight mode", its ok too. And when i have wiped my device it was ok too (with sd inserted) untill i had installed my apps (I have more than 300 of them, so its very difficult to identify, which of them causes this problem).
Hope together we will solve this problem

It's weird wonder what's causing it .... I wonder if it's an app

I've a new phone coming on Friday hope I have better luck

Never known an app cause a boot cycle
2nd October 2013, 08:54 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 3
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancuk29

It's weird wonder what's causing it .... I wonder if it's an app

I've a new phone coming on Friday hope I have better luck

Never known an app cause a boot cycle

Its not just an app fault. I think its because of a conflict between app-microsd-sim. I have installed all my apps to internal memory, and wthout sd or when turning on flight mode before rebooting (with sd connected) - its ok. But when sd is connected, all apps are instaled and 3g is on - it causes rebbot cycle.
Last edited by danushenko; 2nd October 2013 at 08:58 PM.
2nd October 2013, 08:57 PM   |  #7  
mancuk29's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 114
 
1,329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danushenko

Its not just an app fault. I think its because of a conflict between app-microsd-sim. I have installed all my apps to internal memory, and wthout sd or when turning of flight mode before rebooting (with sd connected) - its ok. But when sd is connected, all apps are instaled and 3g is on - it causes rebbot cycle.

I'll test with installing all apps with no sad card

I'll report back

Thanks
2nd October 2013, 10:39 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 8
 
111 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
More
I had the same issue and done a few tests.
What I can say is :
- when i used the phone for the first time there was no problem (SIM + SD CARD + 3G)
- when i updated the preinstalled apps (SIM + SD CARD + 3G) there was no problem
- once i installed all my apps reboot issue appeared.

I tried with or without SD CARD => No change
I tried with and with SD CARD but 3G off (Plane Mode) => No loop boot issue !

I thought maybe it was one of my apps so i restarted the phone in "Secured Mode", 3G on => reboot problem appeared again.
So this is a system (or maybe preinstalled and updated) app that's causing problem.

I think that only an updated firmware can resolve this.

One thing sure is that the booting time of this phone is really fast, about 10 sec after the Samsung logo.

So for now when i need to reboot i put the phone in plane mode first, expecting Samsung to correct this (I hope this is not an hardware issue or something fishy regarding the carrier zonning).

Anyway despite this issue i'am really glad to have this phone and haven't any regret buying it !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nani For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2013, 11:50 PM   |  #9  
henklbr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 300
 
815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by danushenko

Its not just an app fault. I think its because of a conflict between app-microsd-sim. I have installed all my apps to internal memory, and wthout sd or when turning on flight mode before rebooting (with sd connected) - its ok. But when sd is connected, all apps are instaled and 3g is on - it causes rebbot cycle.

Having the same problem...

Vodafone - SanDisk 64GB - apps internal mem
3rd October 2013, 12:15 AM   |  #10  
fethi2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 27
 
191 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
had the same problem too this method solved permanently. hope works for you guys too. I'm on stock non rooted Exynos SM-N900 GN3.

1- Backup your SD and External SD card
2- Format your External SD card without removing it from the phone.
3- Restart your phone in stock recovery mod
4- Wipe Data/Cache
5- Restart the phone .

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Don't forget guys you will lose all your data pics, everything!!!

Do it at your own risk!!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes