Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 48,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Free WiFi Tether Note 3 TMobile

Tip us?

hypersonicx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default Free WiFi Tether Note 3 TMobile

Now that we have root and customer recovery, has anyone been able to get free wifi tethering with the TMobile Galaxy Note 3?

I tried different settings with the wifi tether app on the play store but cant get it to start up without errors.

Anyone have any input?
-=((R-L-D))=-

LaloHigh
Old
Thanks Meter 70
You get 2.5 gigs free from tmo on the native hot spot. Have you tried that?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to LaloHigh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hypersonicx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default Free WiFi Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaloHigh View Post
You get 2.5 gigs free from tmo on the native hot spot. Have you tried that?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 4
Yeah, I burned through that already. I had a iPhone 5S that I had free tethering mod on and currently at 52GB on data on TMobile and my 2.5GB is also already used up lol.

Now on Note 3, currently looking for a way to enable free wifi tethering since my Comcast connection is currently turned off.

I have the Wifi Thering app but dont know which settings work for the Note 3.

I may have to wait until the custom roms are cooked up with unlocked tethering baked in.
-=((R-L-D))=-

DKYang
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Try using a VPN? Worked for me on the S4.

hypersonicx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKYang View Post
Try using a VPN? Worked for me on the S4.
VPN slows the bandwidth down tremendously. I have LTE pulling in at 30Mbps using VPN will lower the speed down to less then 1Mbps.
-=((R-L-D))=-
The Following User Says Thank You to hypersonicx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,368

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonicx View Post
VPN slows the bandwidth down tremendously. I have LTE pulling in at 30Mbps using VPN will lower the speed down to less then 1Mbps.
There is a guide that worked for the S4 about editing customer.xml under /system/csc prolly same way on the Note 3. I'll be extracting the system partition soon. if i have time i will make the mods for you and post it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hypersonicx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
There is a guide that worked for the S4 about editing customer.xml under /system/csc prolly same way on the Note 3. I'll be extracting the system partition soon. if i have time i will make the mods for you and post it.

Awe man that would be excellent! Looking forward to it. In the mean time im tethering using the user agent chager for my web browser on PC, but looking forward to a full tethering solution for my PS3 ect....
-=((R-L-D))=-
The Following User Says Thank You to hypersonicx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,368

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonicx View Post
Awe man that would be excellent! Looking forward to it. In the mean time im tethering using the user agent chager for my web browser on PC, but looking forward to a full tethering solution for my PS3 ect....
Oh this method still requires the UA switcher. Nothing will bypass that part since its done on T-Mobile's servers. I thought you were automatically getting redirected to T-Mobile upsell page even with the UA switcher.

hypersonicx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Oh this method still requires the UA switcher. Nothing will bypass that part since its done on T-Mobile's servers. I thought you were automatically getting redirected to T-Mobile upsell page even with the UA switcher.
Changing my UA works fine. I was thinking there was a hack or work around so that the HotSpot would work perfect on any device. PS3 and XBox ect...
-=((R-L-D))=-

shaungregg
Old
Thanks Meter 162
I hear you man I use 10 gigs a day, just use UA switcher set to Safari on chrome and you can tether to your heart's desire. All websites look normal with that setting and Netflix won't give you the download app for mobile message lol. There hasn't been a wifi tether fix for quite some time regardless of the phone as far as I know, its a common request in most forums regardless of device or carrier. Anyway like I said I tether 10 gigs a day using T-Mobile hotspot with no throttling either but according to them they do throttle regular data unless your on the highest data/tether plan. So if you keep the lowest tether plan you can get unlimited tethering with UA switcher or hopefully with a workaround eventually but your data will be throttled at some point for all data unless you bump up your plan.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic3451318_4.gif

LG Optimus G (Sold) Galaxy S4 (Buyer's remorse) HTC ONE (Buyer's remorse) LG G2 (Loved it for a week) Note 3 (Couldn't help myself) T-Mobile
My Note 3 is powered by Darthstalker Rom and LeanKernel (Happy Happy Joy Joy!) 38,378 Antutu