Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T One X+ 4.2.2 Update Guide with RUU

Tip us?

jdwilson
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by logm View Post
Dontcha love at&t. Get us all excited for a worthless update

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Thats strange

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app
If I knew how to get to the "change log" I could tell you when mine was last updated.
SENT FROM MY GE MICROWAVE OVEN USING TAP-A-BUTTON
The Following User Says Thank You to jdwilson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhysicalEd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by haccess View Post
Just did an OTA update on mine and it's still 4.1.1 with Sense 4+. The always helpful AT&T software update says my current software is up to date and I may check again in 24 hours.
Haha, yeah, I checked for update, got one, downloaded, let it update, boots up... Hey, that's funny, Sense 5 looks just like Sense 4+.

Needless to say, I just got that small update too. I don't know what that's about, why would ATT be pushing out an apparently small maintenance update right when 4.2.is rolling out? Weird too that others say they've had that update for a while.

abetsi
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I think the 4.2.2 update is live now, guys. I updated this morning with the minor 4.1.1 bump and checked again a few minutes ago. I'm downloading a 500+mb update right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-16-19-40-06.png
Views:	283
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	2520908  
The Following User Says Thank You to abetsi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abetsi
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yep. 4.2.2 update is live.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-16-20-38-56.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	2521006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-16-20-39-33.png
Views:	244
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	2521007  
The Following User Says Thank You to abetsi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JustinBieber
Old
Thanks Meter 157
You guys will really enjoy sense 5! My battery lasts like an extra 4 hours a day now, plus free ram is always at least 300mb.

Sent from Selena Gomez's iPhone

veer.killerboy
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Question Any update for telus version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityRockr View Post

After tweeting a few higher-ups from HTC on Twitter, I got confirmation here that the Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5 update will be arriving in Quarter 4, which is the time frame between October and December. According to him, it is still going through the carrier certification and approval process, but it looks like we haven't been forgotten after all!

NEW: Information and Speculation here!

NEWER: Update confirmed for Early January!
My HTC One x Plus(TELUS) is on 4.1.1 and sense 4+, so will be there any update?

MY WORKS -
u-nexia | power unleashed [ROM] micromax ninja a87
Boot sound and animation in MICROMAX ninja a87
[Patch] WiFi error/bug fixed in MICROMAX ninja a87

SIGMATEL(CHINA PHONE) > Samsung GTS-3370(CORBY 3G) > Micromax A87(NINJA 4) > HTC SENSATION XE(LOST) > HTC ONE X PLUS(TELUS)

kid fresh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default htc one x+ on t-mobile upgrade

Does anyone know if you have to do anything special to get the update on a htc one x+ that's on the t-mobile network? Or am I just being impatient because checking for any update hasn't found anything yet.

WindyCityRockr
Old
(Last edited by WindyCityRockr; 17th January 2014 at 02:33 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1235

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by veer.killerboy View Post
My HTC One x Plus(TELUS) is on 4.1.1 and sense 4+, so will be there any update?
It looks like Telus isn't getting the update according to this update schedule, which lacks any mention of the X+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid fresh View Post
Does anyone know if you have to do anything special to get the update on a htc one x+ that's on the t-mobile network? Or am I just being impatient because checking for any update hasn't found anything yet.
I don't actually know what happens if you're on another carrier. I don't see how they'd be able to send the OTA to you on another network, but it could be possible.

grigoriisi
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default quick question

now that i have a custom sense 5 rom installed can i run the latest att ruu with sense 4+? i am thinking not but just checking. is my only way a nandroid backup?

haccess
Old
Thanks Meter 3
For anyone else who got the mystery minor update and are stuck with a 24 hour delay before you can check again for the 4.2.2/Sense 5 update, you can set your phone's date & time ahead one day under settings in order to update again "early".

The Following User Says Thank You to haccess For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]