This is not titooo7's mod. I just started it and was the first one to kick the door with the air command feature, but we a lot of people tried to help in this thread in one way or another: this MOD is basically the work of the E-TEAM.
The E-Team is responsible of 95% of the things included in the MOD and the port of N3 features for N2. But we want to thank all those users that since the begining of the thread helped or tried to help with feedback, sending files, giving support to other users, with donations or with nice words that helped us to keep this thing alive.
Please read the credits section of this thread. Although the port of Note 3 features was mainly the job of 5 people the ones mentioned in the credits section also deserve some thanks (the list have to be updated)
To be able to have Note 3 features working in a Note 2 lot of work was necessary. We (E-Team members) spent many many hours to get this working (1st research, 2nd test, 3rd modify, 4th read logcat and 5th fix bugs).
It's easy to download a zip, flash it and enjoy the features listed here in your Note 2 N7100 but it wasn't easy at all to make this thing work as good as it does.
If you want to use the files of this MOD in your rom/theme you only have to give proper credits and just as a way of courtesy you also should ask for permission. That's all what you need to do if you want to use the files of this MOD in your rom/theme.
You are free to include the files of the MOD in your rom, theme or mod giving credits but without asking for permission, but if you can't show us a little bit of courtesy and respect don't expect has to help you in any way.
E-Team is a team formed by the people who is actually responsible of having all the Galaxy Note 3 features (except a fully working camera) working perfectly in Galaxy Note 2 devices. We spent many hours doing this and we were the first ones to port every single feature from Note 3 to Note 2.
Now you can see all the Note 3 features listed here in different Note 2 roms and forums, but if you care about who made that possible you should know that we are the ones who made it possible. After we made it possible, winmerge and kdiff also helped lot of people to "re-invent the wheel" but if you ever created something from the bottom you probably know how hard it is to do it but how easy it is to duplicate it.
And no... we are not better than Samsung, the real good devs are Samsung devs and that's why they get paid very well. We ported the work they did for n3 features to n2 and that was a hell of a job, but we would be complete ignorants if we say that Samsung devs are bad devs or we pretend to make you believe that we are better.
Now we have decided to bring you Note3 features & apps as a standalone package for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100. That way you could have note 3 features in your phone, no matter which mk4 rom you are using. So here you go ROM MOD N3 Features for N2 4.3 XXUEMK4 (Deodexed):
1) You must be running DEODEXED 4.3 XXUEMK4 on your phone.
2) Phone rooted and CWM installed
3) Download the zip file linked below and save it in your sd card
4) Boot into CWM.
5) Backup your rom for safety
6) Clear cache & dalviks cache
7) Flash the zip file
8) Reboot your phone
(Note: Zip file will auto wipe data for Secsettings and SecLauncher. It won't fully wipe your phone, no worry )
1) Air Command (Pen Window, Screen Writer, Scrapbook and Action Memo),
2) Gallery, Launcher, Safety Assistance, S Note, Sketchbook, S Planner and Sbrowser
3) One Hand Operation works for the keyboard, calendar, dialer and One Hand Operation for All screens
4) Note3 Keyboard with color emoji (thanks to @avivalder), writing buddy, spen detachment option
5) Note3 Settings UI
6) Smart scroll for Samsung stock browser
7) Smart pause for Samsung stock video
8) S Pen hovering features with in SMS, Contacts and Gallery apps
9) Signature lockscreen
7) few things more from Note....can't remember. But basically all the Note 3 features except the camera
Download (Galaxy Note 3 features for Galaxy Note 2 MK4 ROM MOD v2):
That's all. Enjoy guys
Who made it possible?
@ravijani, @slink_59, @titooo7, @Arsaw and @funky81.
Very important contributions also from @RevengeDevTeam, @amit.bagaria and @avivalder. Thanks also to @sotmax, @xperiacle, @Petros_tigra, @HalloSpencer, @kashortiexda, @jtOttawa, @badwolf94, @Bert.C, @Dai323, @mourad75, @Zanr Zij, @nmtuan.pnt and @pageniao, @wtf!!droid, @XDA_Waghmare, @parthpatels007, @mateus78, @pakure, @mavera, @fausto88, @papic7m, @boozyrock, @Doomhamma, @dr.ketan and many more users.
I'm sure that I'm forgetting several of you who contributed with fixes, feedback and answering question to other users so please contact me via PM and I'll add you to the list. If you are on the list is because I really think you deserve it and I don't want anyone to don't get the thanks they deserve.
Thanks to all the users who supported us with nice words, patience and respect.
If you want to give us thanks in a more special way you can send us a donation.
You also can send us a donation if you were thinking about buying a Note 2 but after downloading this mod you decided to save the money :
Changelog of old versions of the MOD
- +Voice Recorder from N3
+M3 Browser added to main zip
+Updated Filpboard and Evernote
*SnameCard fix thanks to slink_59
*Now in settings you have three lockscreens thanks to Arsaw
*Removed duplicated air view entry in Settings thanks to Arsaw
+Phone app from N3 MJ1 added (the one for videotelephony was already there)
*Flahbarservice with perfect cosmetic fix thanks to avivalder and RevengeDevTeam
+CSC.apk from mj1 added just in case it ensures compatibility with some app that I don't remember
*Launcher fix thanks to funky81 (we didn't use the one from avivalder because it was english only)
*Writing buddy (also called Direct Pen Input) in Settings > My device - S Pen thanks to Arsaw (some people could activate-deactivate but still doesn't work)
-Removed keyboard. The keyboard thins is a bug from MI6 we shouldn't bring it here. Another reason is that we stil didn't found one that works for everybody. I had the best results with this one from sotmax, but it also failed after some time
- Launcher from MJ1
- SecWallpaper from MJ1
- Pinboard & RakeIn from MJ1
- Easy Clip fix included thanks to funky81
- New SecMMS and OmaCP from MJ1
- Added FlashLight widget thanks to Arsaw
- Action Memo cosmetic fix thanks to ravijiani
- Added Note3 sounds thanks to XDA_Waghmare
- Frame icons of Pen Window included in framework
- Enabled One Hand Operations inside Settings thanks to Arsaw
- Added necessary libs for Sketchbook thanks to Dai323 for the info
- FlashBarService doesn't crash any more using Help app thanks to slink_59
- Keyboard doesn't crash anymore when you use it with Spen thanks to funky81
- Videocalling should work now thanks to slink_59 for noticing what was missing
- Air Command can now by activated/deactivated from Settings thanks to Arsaw
- S Planner calendar from MJ1 combined with with N2 calendar widget thanks to XDA_Waghmare for the tip
- Added frame icons to Pen Window thanks to badwolf94 (flashable zip)
- Now aircommand circle has the icons on place thanks to Arsaw (flashable zip)
- Quick Memo resized to fit better on the screen thanks to ravijiani (flashable zip)
- Contacts app doesn't crash when you press menu button thanks to slink_59 (flashable zip)
- Uploaded 300mb mod rom with Air Command perfectly working but with cosmetic issues
- 900MB mod rom uploaded with some Air Command features working with some small bugs and other N3 apps such as Magazine, S Note 3, Launcher....