Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] RCA 7" Android Tablet 4.1.1 root/rom/forum?

Tip us?
 
juicer52
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default [Q] RCA 7" Android Tablet 4.1.1 root/rom/forum?

I bought an RCA 7" tablet as a manager's substitute for a Xelio which was out of stock at WalMart. Hey, $39 seems like a pretty good deal.
However, there is no mention of this device ANYWHERE, not on the WalMart website... apparently, not even the great Oracle Google has heard of this device. There are some obscure references to google play support. It is NOT the new RCA TV Tablet or the stereo one.
From the device:
1GHz processor
built in 4GB memory
WiFi b/g/n
Google Play Store
0.3 mp forward facing camera (woo hoo)
micro sd support up to 32G
Model number RCT6077W2
Android version 4.1.1 Jellybean
Kernel version 3.0.36+
EM2928-789A@VOIM#129
Build number RCT6077W2-Android4.1.1-v1.0.1
I would love to figure out what else is hiding under the hood on this device.
Need help unlocking/tweaking. Not sure if I'm in the correct forum.
I AM A NOOB! First step is admission...
The Following User Says Thank You to juicer52 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Trozzul
Old
#2  
Trozzul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 193
Posts: 1,474
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer52 View Post
I bought an RCA 7" tablet as a manager's substitute for a Xelio which was out of stock at WalMart. Hey, $39 seems like a pretty good deal.
However, there is no mention of this device ANYWHERE, not on the WalMart website... apparently, not even the great Oracle Google has heard of this device. There are some obscure references to google play support. It is NOT the new RCA TV Tablet or the stereo one.
From the device:
1GHz processor
built in 4GB memory
WiFi b/g/n
Google Play Store
0.3 mp forward facing camera (woo hoo)
micro sd support up to 32G
Model number RCT6077W2
Android version 4.1.1 Jellybean
Kernel version 3.0.36+
EM2928-789A@VOIM#129
Build number RCT6077W2-Android4.1.1-v1.0.1
I would love to figure out what else is hiding under the hood on this device.
Need help unlocking/tweaking. Not sure if I'm in the correct forum.
I AM A NOOB! First step is admission...
to find out about a little more under the hood you should take a look at CF Bench it will tell ya its secerts. as for tweaking im 99% sure that nobody will develop things for it. 40 bucks for a tablet has to have terrible specs, the best you can do is try to root it. try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460 good luck mate
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)
The Following User Says Thank You to Trozzul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
juicer52
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default OK it's not the Apple of my eye but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
to find out about a little more under the hood you should take a look at CF Bench it will tell ya its secerts. as for tweaking im 99% sure that nobody will develop things for it. 40 bucks for a tablet has to have terrible specs, the best you can do is try to root it. try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460 good luck mate
Thanks T'zul. Actually the tablet was $80 but I got it for $39 cuz the discontinued Xelio promised was out of stock when I got to Walmart.
I have not been able to locate drivers BECAUSE the tablet is only being released officially next week so I haven't been able to connect for root only to transfer music/photo files.
Yeah, I know that the specs (I listed them above in first post) are lower end but I thought it would be a good toy to learn on/destroy if I wasn't careful.
 
Trozzul
Old
#4  
Trozzul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 193
Posts: 1,474
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer52 View Post
Thanks T'zul. Actually the tablet was $80 but I got it for $39 cuz the discontinued Xelio promised was out of stock when I got to Walmart.
I have not been able to locate drivers BECAUSE the tablet is only being released officially next week so I haven't been able to connect for root only to transfer music/photo files.
Yeah, I know that the specs (I listed them above in first post) are lower end but I thought it would be a good toy to learn on/destroy if I wasn't careful.
im sure if you root it you can most likely overclock it and stuff, cheap android tablets like these are always good to start on before you get the big boys that only last a year and then they are outdated. as for the drivers you can try adb and install the android drivers.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)
 
kratospawn
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default rooting help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
im sure if you root it you can most likely overclock it and stuff, cheap android tablets like these are always good to start on before you get the big boys that only last a year and then they are outdated. as for the drivers you can try adb and install the android drivers.
hi i also need to root my tablet RCT6077W2
l would like to know if you do root your device
sorry for my English.
 
Takenover83
Old
#6  
Takenover83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 402
Posts: 834
Join Date: Nov 2009
I posted a solution here that may work for you. I used it on my RCA rct6378w2 Tablet.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2518795
The Following User Says Thank You to Takenover83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
goofwear
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 45
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
I posted a solution here that may work for you. I used it on my RCA rct6378w2 Tablet.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2518795
Thank you very much I followed th link above and was able to root my RCA 7'' RCA rct6378w2 Tablet. same set up as your's 4.2.2 and on the new firmware update 10.2.zip.
 
ashokc
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Microphone on RCA 7" rct6378w2 Issue

Sorry to change the subject a bit but I am in the correct company, since I have the same tablet bought from Walmart last Black Friday $49. I find the microphone performance very bad. A screeching sound (like feedback) and extremetly low volume on recording using voice recorder or Skype (echo test). Has anyone come accross this issue and got a suggested fix? The tablet is not going to be very functional for video conferencing with this issue. I though i would ask the forum before returning it.

Thanks
Ashok
 
Pears1079
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Need some help ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
I posted a solution here that may work for you. I used it on my RCA rct6378w2 Tablet.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2518795
I rooted my tablet (same tablet) as you instructed. What are you doing/using to move apps to the SD card? I'm using lucky patcher but it is not giving me the option to move to the SD card. The SD card is mounted. I'm not sure what to do and am getting very frustrated. Thank you in advance for your help
The Following User Says Thank You to Pears1079 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rndmboyz3
Old
#10  
rndmboyz3's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tampa, Florida
Default Please provide organized instructions for completely exploiting the RCA tablets

Hi I am new here, I got this tablet for christmas and this forum has helped me so much already, because of you wonderful people I have successfully rooted. However after continuing reading I am a little confused on what exactly to do now, can someone please go over unlocking the bootloader, getting clockworkmod recovery or whatever else I need, flashing cyanogenmod for the RCA tablet and any other steps I might not know of? How can I help and where are we all in completely exploiting the RCA tablets? (RCT6077W2 in specific for me) can I get regular drivers instead of that annoying pdanet? would it be possible to flash other ROM's like AOKP and paranoid android or would those lack in support? what do I have to do w/ the android sdk? what apps, launchers,root apps and exploits do you recommend with this device? how can we overclock and make the best out of this crappy device? any tips,cracks,modifications that make this device better? etc. I know it is a lot of questions but any awnsers and help is really appreciated and It would also be really nice if someone made a nice n00b friendly guide on what to do after rooting.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes