Phone functionality comparison between system 1.11 and 1.13
Hello guys, I would like to hear from You if you have similar problems in 1.13 version as I have in 1.11 test rom, any answer will help me with the upgrade decision:
- “contact” soft key is on the RIGHT when desktop is visible, on the LEFT in phone application and in the MIDDLE button during the phone call. JUST Imagine somebody in the car who wants to make a phone call….. especially with MISSING REAL HARDWARE BUTTONS to assign the contacts to…
- In the phone application – last unanswered phone call is not displayed on the phone screen – you have to click HISTORY to see it – just the same problem in the car – somebody is calling you, you can not get out the device on time, so you press twice TINY TINY green button on the hinge, and …. You call the last number you have called before…not the last missed one
- Phone application just shuts itself of and Universal comes to the desktop screen WHY? (Imagine AGAIN in the car….)
- REALLY ugly TMobile skin, but the original blue skin has to low contrast….Again IN THE CAR…
- maybe I did not try hard enough but I can not obtain predictable results with the onscreen quickdial (not to mismatch with SPEED DIAL butto which Is OK, )– how to obtain the names starting with second or third letter from the key – I don’t know, and anyway it does not work if you have about 1500 contacts as I have
- check how SPEED DIAL it was done in the old handspring TREO phones – large buttons with the names on them in two columns rather than one list, with whole screen “pages” of 12 contacts each, for me much easier to use and navigate if you have more than one screen of numbers as in the car there is no chances for easy up and down navigation, what you have to do now with the numbered list.
- With all this missing hardware buttons what happened with the D-Pad functionality – in Blue Angel it was UP- History DOWN – speed dial … but in Universal nothing works ?????
- “during the call” screen with 6 soft buttons stays on when the phone call is already finished – again you do not find the soft buttons in the right places when you want to make next call
- When I got rid of the TM skin video call button is missing, I can not use UMTS yet as it is not available in Krakow, but it will be needed some time…
- No BT icon on the desktop – no chances for the quick verification of the proper connection between headset and the unit
- I have heard that voice dialing functionality does not work when the unit is closed (I always keep it open – screen on the top)
- There is no voice dialing available when the unit is protected by the password (but this is disputable)