All information below this line pertains to the old, unofficial version. Use the link above to get the official version.
Updated (v2) Slow recovery bootup fixed.
This is an unofficial version of CWM Advanced/PhilZ Touch recovery. Main thread located HERE. Go to the main thread to learn about all the features.
It uses the zImage and ramdisk provided by @ketut.kumajaya with a few tweaks to get it working made by myself.
Please take a moment to say thanks and/or donate to @ketut.kumajaya for helping us out.
It takes a few seconds longer for CWM based recoveries to boot than the stock recovery, so be patient.
Credits go to:
@Phil3759 for the advanced features
@ketut.kumajaya for the working zImage
and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team
Link to kernel source https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02
If the on-screen menu doesn't show, hit one of the up/down buttons at the bottom to get it to appear. This is the same issue seen with CWM recovery and is caused by booting into recovery with the key combo. I highly recommend using the Quick Boot app or another software method of booting recovery.
1. Download ODIN on your computer.
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
9. Wait for device to restart. Skip this step if you unchecked auto reboot.
10. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).
11. To get the Internal SDcard to be recognized properly, choose the Advanced option; then touch the "Storage set to" option. It should change from "/data/media/0" to "data/media/". Then reboot recovery using the "Power Options".
I also recommend adjusting the Menu Height to a smaller value using the PhilZ settings option.
Notes about ODIN
--Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
--Auto Reboot can be un-checked if the recovery doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).
Instructions for recovery flashable version:
- Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
- Select the Install Zip option.
- Find the recovery zip.
- Reboot recovery.
- Enjoy your new recovery.