Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 42,996 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.3 Update Thread with RUU

Tip us?

WindyCityRockr
Old
(Last edited by WindyCityRockr; 20th February 2014 at 03:16 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1240

DONATE TO ME
Arrow Android 4.3 Update Thread with RUU

I was passing by on my way from the One X+ Forums, and I recently got confirmation from this wonderful man that my phone would be receiving the 4.2.2 update by the end of the year.. While browsing through his Twitter feed, I came across this tweet from him, which at least confirms that a plan is being worked out to release the same update for you guys. That is the same response he gave about the One X+ not too long ago, but now that has been confirmed, so I would expect a full confirmation soon for the EVO. It looks like you guys haven't been forgotten after all.

Update 1: I contacted him directly about it, and got a slightly different and more vague response here. He won't confirm anything, but he says he is "working on it", so take it for what you will. I still believe it will receive the update, although @Fifth313ment is willing to bet $100 that it won't.

Update 2: We've got an official comment from the President of HTC USA here. It's still very vague, but it looks like we'll be hearing about a possible update plan soon.

Update 3: It's official folks! https://twitter.com/JasonMacHTC/stat...84246521769984 And it's a version newer than most were even expecting! I believe @Fifth313ment owes me a healthy chunk of money and an apology to HTC. ;D

Update 4 (11/26/13): It looks like the update is still on track for the end of the year, but a delay is not out of the question. It is in internal lab testing right now though. https://twitter.com/JasonMacHTC/stat...22654338777088
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WindyCityRockr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fifth313ment
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityRockr View Post
I was passing by on my way from the One X+ Forums, and I recently got confirmation from this wonderful man that my phone would be receiving the 4.2.2 update by the end of the year.. While browsing through his Twitter feed, I came across this tweet from him, which at least confirms that a plan is being worked out to release the same update for you guys. That is the same response he gave about the One X+ not too long ago, but now that has been confirmed, so I would expect a full confirmation soon for the EVO. It looks like you guys haven't been forgotten after all.
I'm sorry bro the EVO LTE is not getting another update. They simply don't have the stomachs to tell us. They know this will banish users from HTC so they will not give a confirmation for as long as they can, IF EVER, hoping w simply forget about it. Also in that tweet he said he is working with the "Carriers" on a plan, but Sprint is the only carrier carrying the EVO LTE. So it's simply a canned (no pun intended) response.

Why hasnít HTC and Sprint fixed the MMS picture bug yet? Itís been a year and a half?! WTF? Every time I send a MMS picture I get angry as I have to add another pic, then another to get a full screen pic you can see that isnít compressed, then delete the first slide, then retype or paste (what I previously copied) and then send, rinse and repeat! FLUCK YOU HTC! I shouldnít have to use a third party app to send picture messages or do 50+ things to get a decent picture to send! And the pictures that send when I donít do anything are unreadable! Blurry to the point where huge text gets garbled! This is pissing me off, as I just had to send one, so this is a rant but Iím still pissed!

+1 on why I will never buy another HTC!
+2 Iíll never forgive them for the year I spent having to turn my screen on and off a million times as my proximity sensor wasnít working (proximity bug)!

WindyCityRockr, you're a dev, will the newest EVO LTE update kill your and S-OFF app? I want to take the update but not if it kills the option to root and S-OFF. Thanks.

5th

rubber guard
Old
Thanks Meter 62
On mobile, but I didn't see anything in his time line to indicate the evo LTE is getting 4.2

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
In My Pocket/Bag
LG Nexus 5 - stock 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 3G - stock 4.4.2

In My Nightstand
Motorola XOOM - OmniRom 4.4.2
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Stock 4.3
Apple iPhone 4S - Stock 7.1

Retired
Nokia 3588i > Samsung SPH-A740 > LG Muziq LX570 > Blackberry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G (rooted 4.3)
Logitech REVUE- Stock 3.2

clownfart
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I won't believe anything until it is actually released.

That said, it is still too little too late and I will be moving on from HTC.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber guard View Post
On mobile, but I didn't see anything in his time line to indicate the evo LTE is getting 4.2

He directly answered a question about the Evo LTE and said they were working on it internally and with Sprint. It's vague, but it's something.
The Following User Says Thank You to clownfart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WindyCityRockr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1240

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth313ment View Post
I'm sorry bro the EVO LTE is not getting another update. They simply don't have the stomachs to tell us. They know this will banish users from HTC so they will not give a confirmation for as long as they can, IF EVER, hoping w simply forget about it. Also in that tweet he said he is working with the "Carriers" on a plan, but Sprint is the only carrier carrying the EVO LTE. So it's simply a canned (no pun intended) response.

Why hasnít HTC and Sprint fixed the MMS picture bug yet? Itís been a year and a half?! WTF? Every time I send a MMS picture I get angry as I have to add another pic, then another to get a full screen pic you can see that isnít compressed, then delete the first slide, then retype or paste (what I previously copied) and then send, rinse and repeat! FLUCK YOU HTC! I shouldnít have to use a third party app to send picture messages or do 50+ things to get a decent picture to send! And the pictures that send when I donít do anything are unreadable! Blurry to the point where huge text gets garbled! This is pissing me off, as I just had to send one, so this is a rant but Iím still pissed!

+2 Iíll never forgive them for the year I spent having to turn my screen on and off a million times as my proximity sensor wasnít working (proximity bug)!

WindyCityRockr, you're a dev, will the newest EVO LTE update kill your and S-OFF app? I want to take the update but not if it kills the option to root and S-OFF. Thanks.

5th
I don't have this phone, so I can't say for sure if the update breaks root or S-OFF. Someone will have to test it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber guard View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownfart View Post
I won't believe anything until it is actually released.

That said, it is still too little too late and I will be moving on from HTC.
I understand your guy's frustrations. For the longest time, we over at the HOX+ section didn't believe that we'd get the 4.2.2 update, but we did. And now that 4.2.2 has been confirmed for the HOX and almost confirmed for the EVO, I believe that HTC won't leave you guys behind that quickly. At least not until after the 4.2.2 update. :P

Fifth313ment
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityRockr View Post
I don't have this phone, so I can't say for sure if the update breaks root or S-OFF. Someone will have to test it first.

I understand your guy's frustrations. For the longest time, we over at the HOX+ section didn't believe that we'd get the 4.2.2 update, but we did. And now that 4.2.2 has been confirmed for the HOX and almost confirmed for the EVO, I believe that HTC won't leave you guys behind that quickly. At least not until after the 4.2.2 update. :P
Did you see my post above? I STILL can't send MMS messages without going through a huge task or another app altogether. HTC doesn't care about their customers sadly. They will leave us in the dust, I'm willing to bet $100 and start a pool if anyone is interested?! LTE still sucks on the phone as does signal strength. I used to get a better signal with my OG EVO and I have a list of other issues. But I'm stuck on my contact and there is not much I can do for now. I can tell you that I will never give HTC another dollar of my money as long as I live! WindyCityRockr keep up the good work bro!

5th

neoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Just because the HOX got the update doesn't mean we will. We're not the same breed. It's like assuming that because we share so much DNA with chimps, we will be able to have chimp babies too. Not happening until it happens, which, in all likelyhood, will be never.

Jason021680
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth313ment View Post

5th
It locks your bootloader but you still have s off

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

63sammo1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
3.17.651.4 rolling out now. Not much in it.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xHausx
Old
(Last edited by xHausx; 3rd October 2013 at 10:28 PM.)
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4509

DONATE TO ME
I'm not seeing anything in your link to suggest we'll be getting 4.2.2 or sense 5. Do you have a more direct link you could share to that information?

All I see is a reply from him regarding the Evo LTE saying, "No worries, nothing confirmed yet..."

With the keyword being "nothing".

He didn't mention 4.2.2 or Sense 5, or that we would even be getting anything at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xHausx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]