[MOD][21FEB] ExtSd2InternalSd v5JB V6KK|Increase your data storage|100% Working|
STOP! THIS MOD IS ONLY FOR SAMSUNG ROM! NOT WORKING ON ASOP, CM OR OTHER!
i'm new of gs4 but not of android. I'm a php developer and I like to play with my android devices and Linux but I'm surely not a king on Linux
little more than a newbie
But first of all i want to describe the scenario:
Since in the past i had a desire hd and i had a normal management of internal memory and sd as separate process my problem is to have a similar management on my gs4. Also i have 16gb version of gs4 and i want install a lot of apps!!! Also i have a 64gb sd card available. I have noticed that my gs4 installs all on internal sd also and apps download all their resources on internal sd. So with some heavy games and heavy app the internal memory became quickly full!!!
My aim so became to use the external sd as internal sd and internal sd ONLY for apps installation so became used as internal memory!
And... yes after a lot of testing and work
i have to make this working!!! So now my 64gb external sd is used for all tasks which the internal sd was used and the internal sd is only used for apps storage!! All extra files (resources, caches, etc etc) are stored in my external SD!!
HOW TO GET IT >>> VERY SIMPLE
Download ExtSd2InternalSd here correct latest version for JB(4.3) or KK(4.4.2)
WHAT YOU NEED
First of all make a nandroid backup!! I'm not responsable for any problem! You make this procedure at your risk!!!
Changelog and upgrade steps in second post
- International galaxy s4 (i9505) with root, insicure kernel and kernel with init.d support
- External sd card class 4 or superior. (you can try with class 2 also and tell us how it goes)
- Rom with init.d support (if not init.d support see below)
- My file attached
- Format external sd card from your pc as fat32 or extfat
- Copy attached zip in you external sd. Choose the right zip. If you have formatted your sd as fat32 choose _fat32 version, if the filesystem is extfat choose _extfat version
- Go into recovery
- Flash the zip for your sd card file system
- Reboot and....enjoy your memory increase!!!!
HOW CAN I CHECK IF ALL IS OK?
- If you want to access to your INTERNAL SD you have to go with astro or ES filemangaer into /sdcard/intSdCard/0. Take attention to go into intSdCard
- After the flash, please copy all content of /sdcard/intSdCard/0 to /sdcard to avoid file conflicts and files lost.
- When you plug the phone to pc, the first sd is the external and you can access internal into intSdCard/0. DON'T TOUCH SECOND PARTITION SHOWED!
Is very simple.
If you want to remove the mod with a file explorer with root ability, delete the file 11extsd2internalsd from etc/init.d folder
IF YOU HAVE ISSUES
- With a file explorer with root ability go into /sdcard. Check If in this location you can see your files of your EXTERNAL SD card and check if you can see in /sdcard/intSdCard/0 the content of INTERNAL sd
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DEV/ROM COOKER/WHO WANT'S TO PORT MY MOD
- Rom and kernel in use
- the file system of external SD card and attach here
- the log file stored in data/extsd2internalsd
If you want to use the ExtSd2InternalSd in your ROM, give proper credit and a HTML link to this thread.
Do not modify it, do not rebrand it: the name is ExtSd2InternalSd
Modification and redistribution of the attached script is not permitted at all without permission of Mattiadj member
This means that you cannot feel free to zip up the attached script with other tweaks and this means that it is not be edited and shared.
WARNING for USERS: If you use or encounter a ROM with the ExtSd2InternalSd without proper credit given and no ExtSd2InternalSdr source links, please make the Developer aware of it, and if necessary, please let me know about it. Thank you.
Personal Use: You may tweak the ExtSd2InternalSd (leaving credits intact) to your own personal liking as long as it is NOT redistributed in any way.
If you like my job, buy me a beer
Help Mattiadj to buy a Galaxy s5 to make ExtSd2InternalSd mod
Now....feedback, feedback and feedback!