Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Themed ROM (*769) for locked bootloaders'

Tip us?

kuma82
Old
(Last edited by kuma82; 16th April 2014 at 04:43 PM.) Reason: v10f update patch
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 844

DONATE TO ME
Default Themed ROM (*769) for locked bootloaders'

What's up people, I feel bad for everyone that can't unlock the bootloader. So I've decided to customize and theme stock LGMS769 10E. Note: T-Mobile 20D, 20F or 20H are not a newer/better firmware, lol.

This Rom is FULLY STOCK & is intended for people with
P769 (T-Mobile & Wind) or LGMS769 (MetroPCS) models.

I chose this rom because you can perform WIFI Calling & "Move 2 SD card" (not by default).
Plus, there is no issue with data not working and having to restore APN's manually (21D rom).
Warning: I am not responsible for any damage or loss of data that may arise by installing and using this rom.
LOL, just had to throw that out there

List of changes made:
  • REMOVED (most) BLOATWARE
  • Enabled "Move 2 SD card" works for some downloaded apps (mostly games)
  • Added CPU Overclocking (not enabled at boot, you must enable this manually) Thanks to @whirleyes & @artas182x
  • Added (IMO) a really delightful selection of Wallpapers ;D.
  • Added my custom tweaked Internal/External SD swap script (no more issues with internal & external displaying the same size)
  • Added SD speed fix & several free build.prop tweaks.
  • All apps zipaligned. In addition, I added a zipalign script by DarkyRom (found here). The init.d Script is not required, Just forgot to remove it ;-0
  • Camera/Video app default storage is set to "Internal Memory" (don't switch to "SD Card")
List of UI changes made:
  • Most LG apps are Holo Theme
  • Transparent QSlide & notification bar (If you want the statusbar solid, look here)
  • Themed Toggles & etc. (if you don't like the toggles, flash this restore-stock.zip)
    Note: I didn't make the toggle icons, I just borrowed them from @joehanh88 & I borrowed some of @- shifu - icons.
  • Added some sick transition animation by thepsyntyst called Chaos Revenge
  • Centered Clock
List of changes enabled with Xposed & Gravity Box:
  • Transparent Lock Screen
  • Pie Control with my colors and settings (always enabled & activate at bottom of screen)
  • Adjust brightness by swiping/sliding across Statusbar
  • Skip Music Tracks by long pressing vol buttons (only works with screen off)
  • Flashlight (torch) enable by long pressing "HOME" key (only works while screen is locked)
  • Circle Battery with percentage
  • Double tap "MENU" key opens Task Manager
  • Long Press "BACK" key kills foreground app

List of YouTube mods enabled with Xposed & YouTube AdAway:

• Hide Ads
  • Hide Channel Suggestions
  • Hide Logo

Notes:
  • Xposed Modules "Gravity Box" & "YouTube AdAway" will not kick in until the second boot (must enable manually if a data wipe was not performed)
  • Don't forget to install the latest radio/baseband (see attachment below)

Update3
Quote:
ROM
Quote:
NEW!!!
KumakanV10E_01-1-2014.zip (465.5 MB)
Download
Please check md5
OR
YOU MAY GET A "LG SECURITY ERROR" IF THE ZIP IS CORRUPT!!!
MD5: bdf30a6ae722c15d8ff90340998624f9

1 This only applies to locked bootloaders or anyone on an ice cream u-boot
Kernel Source
https://www.lg.com/global/support/op...earch=LGMS769+

Credits:
  • ViPER520 & @zhuhang for allowing us to use "Viper4Android" in uploaded ROMs.
  • @artas182x for creating/porting the 2nd init (bootstrap) cwm recovery.
  • @joehanh88
  • @Flextrick for his sweet tool ANDROID MULTITOOL
  • @rovo89 The Creator of Xposed, need I say more!!! DONATE!!
  • @C3C076 Please donate to this dev, I'm sure it took a lot of hard work and time to incorporate this many mods into one app.
  • @wanam Please visit his thread and show your support by donating or Hitting the Thanks button
  • @Lgeob thanks for all your files & guides

More Coming Soon
(Life is getting a hold of me at the moment )

PLEASE READ SECOND POST
Attached Files
File Type: zip MetroPCS-V10E-Radio.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.46 MB, 1194 views)
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to kuma82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kuma82
Old
(Last edited by kuma82; 21st January 2014 at 01:48 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 844

DONATE TO ME
Instructions

How to install

1. You will need root, busybox & artas182x locked bootloader CWM (2nd init recovery).2. Make a backup of your current system & data, detailed instructions by @cmahendra, see 2nd & 3rd post. (Note: Make backups on External Sdcard)
3. Download, locate and install my rom like any other flash-able zip. Note: MEGA has an app in the market ;D
The most important thing to remember is don't select reboot recovery (in advance options). Your phone will (may) perform a factory reset and wipe your Internal Sd & data partition!!! You have been Warned!!!
Old Method

3. Download my Cwm backup and extract (un-zip) the "backup" folder to your external SD (micro SD) "clockworkmod" folder or Internal SD (not recommended). Note: If you don't have a "clockworkmod" folder in your external Sd, make one. You should have one if you made a cwm backup.
The folders need to be like this /clockworkmod/backup/KUMA82-2013-10-03/
a. Restore my CWM Backup and reboot.
(Note: The first boot will take a long time, about 4mins)

Or
b. Restore my CWM Backup and select "advance restore from external sdcard" and restore you data partition.
(Note: only perform this option if your backup is from a jellybean rom. In addition, wipe dalvik cache & cache before booting up your system.)
The most important thing to remember is don't select reboot recovery (in advance options). Your phone will (may) perform a factory reset and wipe your Internal Sd & data partition!!! You have been Warned!!!

How to overclock CPU to 1200mhz

Open terminal emulator and type:
Code:
Select Code

su (give root access) 
./etc/overclock
If your CPU is stable at 1200 and you want it set at every boot, perform this command
Code:
Select Code
su
mount -o remount /system
cp /etc/overclock /etc/init.d/
chmod -R 777 /etc/init.d
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CPU IS STABLE BEFORE SETTING IT AT EVERY BOOT

How to enable ViPER4Android

First off, mad props to ViPER520 (Creator of V4A) & @zhuhang (xda maintainer) Please visit the thread & show your respect. ViPER4Android Audio Effects
To get the most out of this app please visit that thread and read the first 4 post by @zhuhang. In addition, checkout the Impulse Response Sample thread.
1. Open ViPER4Android FX apk, give root access and enable FX Compatible Mode.

Questions & Knowledge

What does this swap (Internal/External) script do?

The script makes your fake Internal SD card become your External SD card and vice versa.
I call it a fake Internal SD because the more stuff you place in that folder (/data/media) the less space you have for apps. Most phones have a real Internal SD, and it's not a part of the data partition.

Knowledge
It's like this, your phone's hard drive is cut up into different sections and each have a different size. The two main partitions (storage sections) are system and data.
Your data partition is about 1.8g in size and is located at "/data/". This place is where all your settings, user apps (/data/app), and other stuff are stored. When you do a factory reset, all of this stuff gets erased.

Inside the data, is a folder named "media". Media is your Internal SD card. The Media folder contains a very important folder name "Android" (/data/media/Android), this folder contains app setting (the stuff you can access without root) & is the storage place for large games.
Now you can't do much about the small storage, the best thing to do is not save anything on it (data/media), like music, files & stuff.
So with the swap script active, we are making the "micro SD" become the new storage place for the Android folder.
Note: the script does not actually transfer everything you currently have saved in /data/media. You have to move that manually. The script/system will make a new Android folder on your "micro SD".
In addtion, change camera and video recorder storage location to internal memory.

It would be real nice if we could move /data all to the micro SD, but we can't because of a lot of technical reasons.

I hope you have a better understanding about what this swap script is doing, and how the system operates.

Why do all my pictures/videos I take come out corrupt?

Your pictures/videos are not corrupt, they just don't have the correct permissions. Once you reboot you will find your pictures/videos inside /storage/external_SD (I would take them out of there).
Change the Storage settings for the camera & video to "Internal memory"

How do I remove the swap script?

I admit the swap script isn't perfect, and I don't blame you for wanting to remove it.
The easiest method (IMO) is to use a root browser and remove 69swap from the init.d folder.

If you don't understand what I just said , perform the following in a terminal.
Code:
Select Code
su
mount -o remount,rw /system 
rm /etc/init.d/69swap
and reboot.

More instructions Coming Soon:
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kuma82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kevev
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Thank You!
The Following User Says Thank You to kevev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LaDY Vengeance
Old
Thanks Meter 372
I wish I was as smart as you! This is so awesome!

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LaDY Vengeance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ilxaot
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Glad to see people taking initiative!(:
Take a moment to read this.
Romans 1:22 ~ Professing to be wise, they in turn became fools.
Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less.
Veritas Aequitas

My Google+
A glad member of the Anti-Apple regime ^-^

pitbullmommy45245
Old
Thanks Meter 31
how do i move the apps to the sd card? i have been trying but its not working.

Ilxaot
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Hey man, I was having a similar idea to this. Would I be able to make my own ROM backup with my own base/mods?
Veritas Aequitas

My Google+

kuma82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 844

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmommy45245 View Post
how do i move the apps to the sd card? i have been trying but its not working.
I need more details to work with. What app are you trying to move? Does it give you an error, or you can't select the "move 2 sdcard" tab?
Remember, not all downloaded apps can be moved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilxaot View Post
Hey man, I was having a similar idea to this. Would I be able to make my own ROM backup with my own base/mods?
Why wouldn't you
Just make sure it's boot-able after a factory reset and everything is working properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuma82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ilxaot
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Quote:
Why wouldn't you
Just make sure it's boot-able after a factory reset and everything is working properly.
Alright thanks! I just wanted to make sure. I've always had the idea of a "Galactic ROM" feel for one of these. I think I'll make it tonight(: How do I upload it? Just package in a compressed format and upload, then tell them to use restore function?

OH! And do I need to delete my contacts/messages/etc. first? Because it'd be highly embarrassing to post my girlfriend and I's messages for people to download. XD
Veritas Aequitas

My Google+

pitbullmommy45245
Old
(Last edited by pitbullmommy45245; 5th October 2013 at 05:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma82 View Post
I need more details to work with. What app are you trying to move? Does it give you an error, or you can't select the "move 2 sdcard" tab?
Remember, not all downloaded apps can be moved.
oh i didn't know that. i tried downloading apps and i keep getting the not enough storage error.