FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Kumakan - Modified Stock

1,782 posts
Thanks Meter: 944

By kuma82, Senior Member on 4th October 2013, 01:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

This Rom is for P769 (T-Mobile & Wind) & LGMS769 (MetroPCS) models.

DOWNLOADS

Quote:

KUMAKAN V3.4

CHANGELOG
Quote:

V3.4
List of changes made
:
  • Fixed Google-Text-T0-Speech bug in Maps
  • Integrated most System app updates
  • Fixed bug in aroma installer
V3.3
List of changes made
:
  • Removed Google+
  • Fixed bug in Maps
  • Tweaked Swap Script
  • Added a script "theme" to modify SystemUI on the fly [type "theme" in terminal for instructions] needs root access
  • Changed boot/shutdown animations, default lockscreen and default wallpaper
V3.2
List of changes made
:
V3.1
List of changes made
:
  • System Apps are ODEX (except 1)
  • Moved Viper4Android back to System App for better performance
  • Improved firstboot.sh script
  • Patched services.jar
V3
List of changes made
:
  • Switched to V21D [WIND] Kernel
  • Upgraded System to LGMS769 10F
  • Enter 2nd-init recovery by typing "recovery" (as # "su") in Terminal
  • Improved overclocking command [enter "max" in Terminal as #]
  • Removed Internal_SD to gain more space for Apps[2nd-Init Rom only]
  • Allow adb push to system [2nd-Init Rom only]
  • Added several selections of LB Recoveries
  • Added several keyboards to choose from {Visit Shaftamle Thread for a lot more!}
  • Improved Init.d loading
  • some System Apps are de-odex
  • Removed Chaos Revenge transition animation
  • Updated ViPER4Android to Beautiful V2.3.3.0 [app moved to data]
  • Updated Xposed Module & future updates are easier to install [app moved to data]
  • Updated GravityBox & future updates are easier to install [app moved to data]
  • Updated YouTube Adaway & future updates are easier to install [app moved to data]
  • UI icons changed to G3 (more changes to come)
  • Added several build.prop tweaks to improve speed and batter life (not sure if I really see a difference in battery life, lol)

V1 & V2
List of changes made
:

Credits:
  • @AntonX - for removing Internal_SD setup
  • @mateo1111 - for his black statusbar zips and sharing his knowledge
  • @artas182x - for porting whirleyes overclocking module, and for porting 2nd-Init to L9
  • @rovo89 - for creating Xposed Module
  • @C3C076 - for creating GravityBox, the modules that does it all
  • @wanam - for creating his YouTube Ad Blocking module
  • @Shaftamle - for allowing me to use his Google Themed Keyboards
  • @Polloos - for taking the time to create several 2nd-Init Recoveries
  • @viper520 and zhuhang - for ViPER4Android FX
  • @zeppelinrox - for patching services.jar
  • @joehanh88 - for his toggles [KumaKan v1&2]
  • @jancsessz - for list of 4.1.2 build.prop tweaks
  • @Lgeob - for Center Clock UI
  • @Miguel-rocha - for G3 Status Bar Toggles
  • @ricky310711 - for base aroma setup
  • @amarullz - for creating Aroma Installer
  • TWRP Devs - for creating Team Win Recovery Project
  • CWM Devs - for creating a ton of stuff
  • @Phil3759 - for creating his customized PhilZ CWM
  • LG Developers & Carrier Devs- for ROM
  • Several Others - for posting and sharing information

PLEASE READ SECOND POST
Attached Files
File Type: zip MetroPCS-V10E-Radio.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.46 MB, 2005 views)
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to kuma82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuma82 Ad-Free

4th October 2013, 01:43 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

More
Instructions

How to install
1. You will need root, busybox & artas182x locked bootloader CWM (2nd init recovery).2. Make a backup of your current system & data, detailed instructions by @cmahendra, see 2nd & 3rd post. (Note: Make backups on External Sdcard)
3. Download, locate and install my rom like any other flash-able zip. Note: MEGA has an app in the market ;D
The most important thing to remember is don't select reboot recovery (in advance options). Your phone will (may) perform a factory reset and wipe your Internal Sd & data partition!!! You have been Warned!!!
Old Method
3. Download my Cwm backup and extract (un-zip) the "backup" folder to your external SD (micro SD) "clockworkmod" folder or Internal SD (not recommended). Note: If you don't have a "clockworkmod" folder in your external Sd, make one. You should have one if you made a cwm backup.
The folders need to be like this /clockworkmod/backup/KUMA82-2013-10-03/
a. Restore my CWM Backup and reboot.
(Note: The first boot will take a long time, about 4mins)

Or
b. Restore my CWM Backup and select "advance restore from external sdcard" and restore you data partition.
(Note: only perform this option if your backup is from a jellybean rom. In addition, wipe dalvik cache & cache before booting up your system.)
The most important thing to remember is don't select reboot recovery (in advance options). Your phone will (may) perform a factory reset and wipe your Internal Sd & data partition!!! You have been Warned!!!

How to overclock CPU to 1200mhz

Open terminal emulator and type:
Code:

su (give root access) 
./etc/overclock
If your CPU is stable at 1200 and you want it set at every boot, perform this command
Code:
su
mount -o remount /system
cp /etc/overclock /etc/init.d/
chmod -R 777 /etc/init.d
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CPU IS STABLE BEFORE SETTING IT AT EVERY BOOT

How to enable ViPER4Android
First off, mad props to ViPER520 (Creator of V4A) & @zhuhang (xda maintainer) Please visit the thread & show your respect. ViPER4Android Audio Effects
To get the most out of this app please visit that thread and read the first 4 post by @zhuhang. In addition, checkout the Impulse Response Sample thread.
1. Open ViPER4Android FX apk, give root access and enable FX Compatible Mode.

Questions & Knowledge
What does this swap (Internal/External) script do?

The script makes your fake Internal SD card become your External SD card and vice versa.
I call it a fake Internal SD because the more stuff you place in that folder (/data/media) the less space you have for apps. Most phones have a real Internal SD, and it's not a part of the data partition.

Knowledge
It's like this, your phone's hard drive is cut up into different sections and each have a different size. The two main partitions (storage sections) are system and data.
Your data partition is about 1.8g in size and is located at "/data/". This place is where all your settings, user apps (/data/app), and other stuff are stored. When you do a factory reset, all of this stuff gets erased.

Inside the data, is a folder named "media". Media is your Internal SD card. The Media folder contains a very important folder name "Android" (/data/media/Android), this folder contains app setting (the stuff you can access without root) & is the storage place for large games.
Now you can't do much about the small storage, the best thing to do is not save anything on it (data/media), like music, files & stuff.
So with the swap script active, we are making the "micro SD" become the new storage place for the Android folder.
Note: the script does not actually transfer everything you currently have saved in /data/media. You have to move that manually. The script/system will make a new Android folder on your "micro SD".
In addtion, change camera and video recorder storage location to internal memory.

It would be real nice if we could move /data all to the micro SD, but we can't because of a lot of technical reasons.

I hope you have a better understanding about what this swap script is doing, and how the system operates.

Why do all my pictures/videos I take come out corrupt?
Your pictures/videos are not corrupt, they just don't have the correct permissions. Once you reboot you will find your pictures/videos inside /storage/external_SD (I would take them out of there).
Change the Storage settings for the camera & video to "Internal memory"

How do I remove the swap script?
I admit the swap script isn't perfect, and I don't blame you for wanting to remove it.
The easiest method (IMO) is to use a root browser and remove 69swap from the init.d folder.

If you don't understand what I just said , perform the following in a terminal.
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system 
rm /etc/init.d/69swap
and reboot.

More instructions Coming Soon:
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to kuma82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuma82 Ad-Free
4th October 2013, 03:00 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 286

More
Thank You!
The Following User Says Thank You to kevev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kevev Ad-Free
4th October 2013, 07:03 AM |#4  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 518

More
I wish I was as smart as you! This is so awesome!

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LaDY Vengeance For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LaDY Vengeance Ad-Free
5th October 2013, 03:30 AM |#5  
Flag Parrish
Thanks Meter: 748

More
Glad to see people taking initiative!(:
5th October 2013, 04:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
how do i move the apps to the sd card? i have been trying but its not working.
5th October 2013, 05:09 AM |#7  
Flag Parrish

More
Hey man, I was having a similar idea to this. Would I be able to make my own ROM backup with my own base/mods?
5th October 2013, 05:28 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmommy45245

how do i move the apps to the sd card? i have been trying but its not working.

I need more details to work with. What app are you trying to move? Does it give you an error, or you can't select the "move 2 sdcard" tab?
Remember, not all downloaded apps can be moved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilxaot

Hey man, I was having a similar idea to this. Would I be able to make my own ROM backup with my own base/mods?

Why wouldn't you
Just make sure it's boot-able after a factory reset and everything is working properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuma82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuma82 Ad-Free
5th October 2013, 05:32 AM |#9  
Flag Parrish

More
Quote:

Why wouldn't you
Just make sure it's boot-able after a factory reset and everything is working properly.

Alright thanks! I just wanted to make sure. I've always had the idea of a "Galactic ROM" feel for one of these. I think I'll make it tonight(: How do I upload it? Just package in a compressed format and upload, then tell them to use restore function?

OH! And do I need to delete my contacts/messages/etc. first? Because it'd be highly embarrassing to post my girlfriend and I's messages for people to download. XD
5th October 2013, 05:45 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma82

I need more details to work with. What app are you trying to move? Does it give you an error, or you can't select the "move 2 sdcard" tab?
Remember, not all downloaded apps can be moved.

oh i didn't know that. i tried downloading apps and i keep getting the not enough storage error.
5th October 2013, 08:34 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilxaot

Alright thanks! I just wanted to make sure. I've always had the idea of a "Galactic ROM" feel for one of these. I think I'll make it tonight(: How do I upload it? Just package in a compressed format and upload, then tell them to use restore function?
OH! And do I need to delete my contacts/messages/etc. first? Because it'd be highly embarrassing to post my girlfriend and I's messages for people to download. XD

Open up the Instructions (second post) and read the How to Install #3 topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmommy45245

oh i didn't know that. i tried downloading apps and i keep getting the not enough storage error.

Please take the time to read the recent changes I've made to my second post. Labeled "Questions"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)