Boot Animation Collection ported to fit 720x1280 xhdpi displays

Search This thread

stangdriver44

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 16, 2006
Cali
AROMA INSTALLER COMING SOON... This will be a universal install of BOOT ANIMATIONS including "Enable Custom Boot" for Samasung. It will also Have "Samsung QMG Shutdowns" and "Boot Logo" options for Moto Droid RAZR Maxx, RAZR Maxx HD, and Moto Atrix.

This is a small collection of Boot Animations that I have found over the years of cruising around the pages of XDA. Some were created by the creative minds here and some created by myself. Either way I post them here to share with the community that has given me so much. This collection has been ported to fit 1280x720 xhdpi screens. Feel free to check out my original posting for even more bootanimation include flashable installer that includes the fix for the .qmg files Samsung users need.

THE QUICK GUIDE TO CREATING YOUR OWN BOOT ANIMATIONS​
"because I can feed you fish and you're good for the night or teach you to fish and you'll be good forever!!"​
I have enjoyed boot animations since I started messing around with phones. I finally felt comfortable enough to start making my own and this is how i did it:

1 - First is you need an animation such as a video clip or gif whatever. I personally like them to be less than 30 seconds with the main focal part about 10 secs. By that time the phone has started up.

2 - then you need to extract the frames/convert using infanview or similar app, to image format, jpg is smaller, png is better quality and some just plain look better this way. Using Irfanview in the "options" menu click "extract all frames" then you can fine tune using "file" menu "batch conversion/rename" option

3 - download Boot Animation Factory and thank the dev for such a great tool for previewing and creating Boot Animations. From there the app will take you to creating the bootanimation.zip file needed for your phone.

4 - Then it's just a matter of getting it to where it needs to be. You can check my thread here which gives all the the different locations for various phones store the file for manual installs. There is also the "flashable zips" and "the Aroma Installer" for multiple options!

5 - last thing is to give thanks and credit where it's due and share your wonderful new creations with all of us here on XDA!!! Thank you

that is a very quick run down of how I am making Boot Animations today​

*****BOOT ANIMATIONS PREVIEWS*****

Apple Smash
ext.gif

Blue Flame
nxf9.gif

Blue Plasma
j1j.gif

Droid Scan
34y.gif

Not Now
80m.gif

Shattered
xkn.gif

Samsung
sx2.gif

Motorcycles Collide
tk36.gif

Illusions
y1w.gif

Neutron
ggnh.gif

Hulk Smash
qaj.gif

D.N.A.
cir.gif

Blue D.N.A.
sqb.gif

Blown Away
hha6.gif

Blue Helix
pbf.gif

Omega
e3z.gif

Jarvis

Anonymous Mask

War

Isomorphic Algorithm 2

Zoom World

Van Gogh

April Fools Moto X

To install them simply
*download the "name_of_bootanimation.zip" you want
*using a file manager (such as ES File Manager or Root Explorer) which ever you prefer,
*locate your current bootanimation a make note of location and if there is a prefix added to the bootanimation.zip,
*rename your custom bootanimation
*place in the system location for your ROM (below for common locations)
*make sure permissions are as such rw-r--r--
*then reboot and enjoy.

System location and name of bootanimation vary based on manufacture, carrier and other variables. Look for location and name

/system/media/bootanimation.zip
/system/media/spc_bootanimation.zip
/system/media/hTC_bootanimation.zip
/system/media/VZW_bootanimation.zip
/data/local/bootanimation.zip
/data/local/spc_bootanimation.zip
/data/local/hTC_bootanimation.zip
/data/local/VZW_bootanimation.zip
/system/customize/resource/spc_bootanimation.zip
/system/customize/resource/VZW_bootanimation.zip
/system/customize/resource/hTC_bootanimation.zip

DOWNLOADS and youtube PREVIEWS
AeNomoly_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
AppleSmash_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Blown_Away_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Bluehavoc_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Blue_Helix_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Blue_Lines_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Blue_Plasma_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Cyan_Nexus_bootanimation.zip - / download
DNA_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Hulk_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Motorcycles_bootanimation.zip - preview/ download
Nexus_Prime_bootanimation.zip - preview / download

Shatter_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
WarpVortex_bootanimation.zip - preview / download

Last edited:

Borrego97

Jun 14, 2012
Juarez
hello!! I need some help!!! my HD XT925 is stuck on the bootanimation... I rename the stock file to bootanimation.zip.bak and then I placed the dna one... just rename it to bootanimation.zip, I re-boot my cell and it starts doing it OK but at the end it get frozen

is there any way to bypass the bootanimation so I can go back to the original animation?? or what can I do??

Thank you!!

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
hello!! I need some help!!! my HD XT925 is stuck on the bootanimation... I rename the stock file to bootanimation.zip.bak and then I placed the dna one... just rename it to bootanimation.zip, I re-boot my cell and it starts doing it OK but at the end it get frozen

is there any way to bypass the bootanimation so I can go back to the original animation?? or what can I do??

Thank you!!

It sounds like you were able to locate original bootanimation and location? Just make sure the name of the new bootanimation matches exactly what the original says, then you need to make sure permissions are at to rw-r--r--. If you have never changed permissions before use a file manager like es file manager or root Explorer, long press the file and change permissions so the top set of boxes has the first 2 checked and the next two set of boxes down only have the first box
I posted a screenshot.
If that doesn't work must put the stock one back and should be good. Let me know if that works for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-04-17-12-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-04-17-12-49.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,882

Borrego97

Jun 14, 2012
Juarez
It sounds like you were able to locate original bootanimation and location? Just make sure the name of the new bootanimation matches exactly what the original says, then you need to make sure permissions are at to rw-r--r--. If you have never changed permissions before use a file manager like es file manager or root Explorer, long press the file and change permissions so the top set of boxes has the first 2 checked and the next two set of boxes down only have the first box
I posted a screenshot.
If that doesn't work must put the stock one back and should be good. Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks stangdriver44 I was able to do all that but my problem is that after I did all that you described I turn it off and turn it on, the animation starts but it get frozen almost at the end and that's it, I can't use the cell :(

Borrego97

Jun 14, 2012
Juarez
well I wasn't able to fix my problem... I send it to fix with my carrier and they replaced the PCB, so now I have a new IMEI and it was under warranty, anyway just an update...

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
well I wasn't able to fix my problem... I send it to fix with my carrier and they replaced the PCB, so now I have a new IMEI and it was under warranty, anyway just an update...

WOW!! I'm so sorry to hear that something relatively simple as changing the bootanimation turned out to be a nightmare for you. I wish I could've been more help to you. I've just never had or heard of such an issue like this until now. I have had a few here and there for unknown reasons not work over the past few years. Usually it will just show a black screen and then finally boot up though. I forgot to remind people in the OP to make a nandroid backup before trying this. As I would ALWAYS RECOMMEND backup before trying anything new. Again though I'm sorry to hear that it was such a major ordeal. I hope this doesn't scare you way from modding and customizing your android device as to me personally this is one of the greatest joys of an open source device.

Borrego97

Jun 14, 2012
Juarez
WOW!! I'm so sorry to hear that something relatively simple as changing the bootanimation turned out to be a nightmare for you. I wish I could've been more help to you. I've just never had or heard of such an issue like this until now. I have had a few here and there for unknown reasons not work over the past few years. Usually it will just show a black screen and then finally boot up though. I forgot to remind people in the OP to make a nandroid backup before trying this. As I would ALWAYS RECOMMEND backup before trying anything new. Again though I'm sorry to hear that it was such a major ordeal. I hope this doesn't scare you way from modding and customizing your android device as to me personally this is one of the greatest joys of an open source device.

I know!! it looked very simple but don't know what happened! then I try to reflash it something else went wrong etc. etc.so I end up using a GSM nokia :eek::eek: for a week
In retrospect it was a very nice week! hahahaha that week I only check my email/facebook/etc, etc when I was at home at night and not everyday...anyway this won't scare me, I'll try it again! I want that bootanimation on my phone!! :good::good:

leslie2708

Oct 30, 2013
i had the same experience too..
mine was razr maxx hd running stock 9.16.6 trying to run moto x's bootanimation
something wrong happened and got stuck in bootloop
reflash the phone to get it working again... using matt's utility (thx God for matt), fortunately i can still put it in AP fastboot mode

no more changing bootanimation for me though, unless i know how to manipulate maxx HD's internal files from AP fastboot mode

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
reflash the phone to get it working again... using matt's utility (thx God for matt), fortunately i can still put it in AP fastboot mode

no more changing bootanimation for me though, unless i know how to manipulate maxx HD's internal files from AP fastboot mode

I am really sorry you had this unknown(right now) problem! You m
ay have to grad from the OP that I personally don't have this phone, but my girl does. I will go through each bootanimation myself and find a solution for this. It will help me to know which one you tried and what steps you took? Again in very sorry for this problem. I have used all of these on my current phone (Samsung S2) and have used on my past 3 phones. Keep you all posted. In the mean time you should check out my other CONFIRMED working mod

Missing Link

Test use daily!

leslie2708

Oct 30, 2013
I am really sorry you had this unknown(right now) problem! You m
ay have to grad from the OP that I personally don't have this phone, but my girl does. I will go through each bootanimation myself and find a solution for this. It will help me to know which one you tried and what steps you took? Again in very sorry for this problem. I have used all of these on my current phone (Samsung S2) and have used on my past 3 phones. Keep you all posted. In the mean time you should check out my other CONFIRMED working mod

Missing Link

Test use daily!

thx for getting back fast...
i used zooyork's moto x bootanimation and ended up stuck in bootloop. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2393012
strangely, i then used fabio's moto x bootanimation and ended up fine. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2390690
dont know what the difference because when i opened up both zip they seemed fine
not much difference between the 2 except for zooyork's has more file and running at 35fps compared to fabio's 30fps
also, the zooyork's use fullscreen while fabio's use 560 x 960px

i dont think those differences matter, dont you ?

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
This is a small collection of Boot Animations that I have found over the years of cruising around the pages of XDA. Some were created by the creative minds here and some created by myself. Either way I post them here to share with the community that has given me so much. This collection has been ported to fit 1280x720 xhdpi screens. Feel free to check out my original posting for even more bootanimation include flashable installer that includes the fix for the .qmg files Samsung users need.

To install them simply
*using a file manager (such as ES File Manager or Root Explorer) which ever you prefer,
*locate your current bootanimation a make note of location and if there is a prefix added to the bootanimation.zip,
*then reboot and enjoy.

System location and name of bootanimation vary based on manufacture, carrier and other variables. Look for location and name

AeNomoly_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
AppleSmash_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Blown_Away_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Bluehavoc_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Blue_Helix_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Blue_Lines_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Blue_Plasma_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Cyan_Nexus_bootanimation.zip - / download
DNA_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Hulk_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
Motorcycles_bootanimation.zip - preview/ download
Nexus_Prime_bootanimation.zip - preview / download

Shatter_bootanimation.zip - preview / download
WarpVortex_bootanimation.zip - preview / download

Does anyone have a working link for the Blown Away one???

dimitrakhs1

Apr 21, 2013
Hey!Where's "April's fool"?

Nice collection,but can't see Moto's "April fool" download site.Why's that?

dimitrakhs1

Apr 21, 2013
Yes!Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!Worked like a charm!Do you know where can i find FIFA and Christmas as well?

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali

Thank you so much!Worked like a charm!Do you know where can i find FIFA and Christmas as well?

Glad that worked out for you. I'm not sure about those others you're hunting for? Are those bootanimations too?

dimitrakhs1

Apr 21, 2013
Yes

They're like this one.Season themes.I think(i'm not sure)they update accordingly,based on Moto Boot services,which is a crime,although you can download it for free from Store,it's only meant to work for Moto mobiles obviously

DeepScred

Jan 11, 2015
ANGERS
Great, works great for me to manual installation.

Well thank you , AppleSmash and Motorcycles are fun.

Good job :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AROMA INSTALLER COMING SOON... This will be a universal install of BOOT ANIMATIONS including "Enable Custom Boot" for Samasung. It will also Have "Samsung QMG Shutdowns" and "Boot Logo" options for Moto Droid RAZR Maxx, RAZR Maxx HD, and Moto Atrix.

THE QUICK GUIDE TO CREATING YOUR OWN BOOT ANIMATIONS​
    "because I can feed you fish and you're good for the night or teach you to fish and you'll be good forever!!"​
    I have enjoyed boot animations since I started messing around with phones. I finally felt comfortable enough to start making my own and this is how i did it:

1 - First is you need an animation such as a video clip or gif whatever. I personally like them to be less than 30 seconds with the main focal part about 10 secs. By that time the phone has started up.

2 - then you need to extract the frames/convert using infanview or similar app, to image format, jpg is smaller, png is better quality and some just plain look better this way. Using Irfanview in the "options" menu click "extract all frames" then you can fine tune using "file" menu "batch conversion/rename" option

3 - download Boot Animation Factory and thank the dev for such a great tool for previewing and creating Boot Animations. From there the app will take you to creating the bootanimation.zip file needed for your phone.

4 - Then it's just a matter of getting it to where it needs to be. You can check my thread here which gives all the the different locations for various phones store the file for manual installs. There is also the "flashable zips" and "the Aroma Installer" for multiple options!

5 - last thing is to give thanks and credit where it's due and share your wonderful new creations with all of us here on XDA!!! Thank you

that is a very quick run down of how I am making Boot Animations today​

*****BOOT ANIMATIONS PREVIEWS*****

Apple Smash
    ext.gif

Blue Flame
    nxf9.gif

Blue Plasma
    j1j.gif

Droid Scan
    34y.gif

Not Now
    80m.gif

Shattered
    xkn.gif

Samsung
    sx2.gif

Motorcycles Collide
    tk36.gif

Illusions
    y1w.gif

Neutron
    ggnh.gif

Hulk Smash
    qaj.gif

D.N.A.
    cir.gif

Blue D.N.A.
    sqb.gif

Blown Away
    hha6.gif

Blue Helix
    pbf.gif

Omega
    e3z.gif

Jarvis

Anonymous Mask

War

Isomorphic Algorithm 2

Zoom World

Van Gogh

April Fools Moto X

To install them simply
    *then reboot and enjoy.

DOWNLOADS and youtube PREVIEWS