Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LG Home with Theme Enabled (ODEX Version),Themes and AOSP LockScreen

OP streetsmart999

4th October 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 269

567 posts
More
This is a LGHome3.Apk with Theme enabled for Stock Rom Only... This is a ODEX version... So Anyone like me who has Pure Stock Rom with Just Root..You can use this and Apply themes. Most of the LG homes found here on XDA and online are Deodexed versions and I just wanted Odex version but with Theme enabled. I feel LG launcher is the best stock Launchers available out there with its customizations etc.

While doing some experiments.. Found out LGOG Lockscreen is based on AOSP Lockscreen. Just making one small change it give us AOSP Lock screen. (See Below Images Post 2). for Lock Screen follow the same steps as Home but from STEP 5 Replace anywhere it says LGHome3 to Lockscreen3 when following steps.

Click here to DOWNLOAD HOME

Click Here to Download AOSP Lock Screen for STOCK LGOG

Themes can be found in thread (Below Link) on Different pages. I did not try them all.. So don't blame me if something goes wrong on themes end.

I will be Adding more themes here.... Also you can create your own themes...

How To for LG Home: ALL THE BOLD STEPS ARE VERY IMPORTANT

1. You need to be rooted (No need of custom Recovery etc)
2. Need file Explorer Like ES File Explorer which has ROOT Explorer (Free on Market)
3. Install 3rd Party Launcher for Just in case scenarios... I installed Free Nova.. You can install any other launcher.
4. Make the 3rd Party Launcher as Default (Just till you get everything working)
5. Open ES explorer click Menu on Phone and Enable Root Explorer (It Should be ON in Blue) And Mount RW should be selected on System.
6. Dowload the File from this Thread (LGHome3.apk)
7. Go to System/App and Rename the Orginal LGHOme3.Apk to LGHome3.apk.Org and Paste the one you downloaded. (Remember.. Before you do this step, To make the Other Launcher you downloaded to make it Default)
8. Once you Paste the one from this forum.. Restart the phone.

From Settings Home try to Select the Home.. (LG) If it say Unfortunately Home as stopped or Something like that.. Go to Settings > Apps> All and Stop HOME Selector , Stop and Clear Cache for Home .. Then Try Again to Select Home.. You are Good to Go.

I put all the steps like ELI5 so that noobs can follow too. Still if you have any questions... Please feel free to Ask. If I don't answer on time, Someone else will with a good heart.
Last edited by streetsmart999; 20th February 2014 at 05:00 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to streetsmart999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

567 posts
More
Sample Theme (Love), AOSP Lockscreen Pic's.
This is a sample theme And Lockscreen. Lock Screen has a gray bar below, Date and time are not visible on the lock screen b'cos of the wallpaper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lg_homescreen_preview_menu.jpg
Views:	1156
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	2301497   Click image for larger version

Name:	lg_homescreen_preview.png
Views:	1037
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	2301498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-07-14-31-48.jpg
Views:	1018
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	2309210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-07-14-32-02.jpg
Views:	867
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	2309211  
Attached Files
File Type: apk LGHome3_Theme_Love.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.17 MB, 209 views)
Last edited by streetsmart999; 7th October 2013 at 10:17 PM.
6th October 2013, 08:02 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

109 posts
Can you also give lock-screen where can be selected weather instead of clock or calendar?
6th October 2013, 09:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

567 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancifil

Can you also give lock-screen where can be selected weather instead of clock or calendar?

I will try on Monday.
8th October 2013, 09:29 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

109 posts
Actually i meant this lockscreen:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-08-10-22-12.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	2310263
17th October 2013, 05:17 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

567 posts
More
New Theme added to play store.
Guys This was my first app published to play store. its still work in progress.. check it out.. I will add more icons and themes going forward.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...20131011042741
The Following User Says Thank You to streetsmart999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2013, 04:56 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

47 posts
hi, i did what u say step by step but lg home didnt appear in launchers list when i touch home button
it just like no lghome there.[COLOR="Silver"]
27th October 2013, 11:24 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

567 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryujitotaiga

hi, i did what u say step by step but lg home didnt appear in launchers list when i touch home button
it just like no lghome there.[COLOR="Silver"]

Are you on stock?
28th October 2013, 08:30 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 4

47 posts
yes in stock 4.1.2 but its been modified by someone added russian language and supersu
7th December 2013, 02:32 AM   |  #10  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 15

79 posts
More
I wonder if I might be able to pick your brain about how you created the AOSP lockscreen. I actually have the LG G2 and I was trying to figure how to get the AOSP lockscreen on a stock based rom because I don't really like the LG version. No one in our forums has done it that I'm aware of so I started poking around at other LG forums figuring that it might lead me the right direction. (I actually tried using the one you posted thinking maybe it would work but it seems it isn't compatible.) Anyway, then I thought you probably just pulled the lockscreen from an AOSP rom or from gapps but I couldn't seem to find the apk file. Did you create that lockscreen by modfying code in the LG apk? Maybe I can follow the same process for my phone... Any help would be awesome!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread