Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Type of Gorilla Glass on the Note 3

OP wiimonkey9

5th October 2013, 02:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 22

61 posts
Has anyone been able to find anywhere what version of Gorilla glass is on the Note 3? I'm wondering if it is Gorilla Glass 3 or 4.
The Following User Says Thank You to wiimonkey9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2013, 05:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 84

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiimonkey9

Has anyone been able to find anywhere what version of Gorilla glass is on the Note 3? I'm wondering if it is Gorilla Glass 3 or 4.

I couldn't find any information regarding this!
I don't think there is Gorilla Glass 4 though... Just hoping that my Note 3 has at least GG 3, just to be safe!

8th October 2013, 05:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 22

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotiris20

I couldn't find any information regarding this!
I don't think there is Gorilla Glass 4 though... Just hoping that my Note 3 has at least GG 3, just to be safe!

Yeah, looking at the reflectance measurements at displaymate, while they were good, they weren't the super-mega-amazing results that GG4 should of brought. However, I don't doubt whatsoever that it has anything less than GG3, especially since the S4 has it, and the Note 3 is better than the S4 in every way(not to mention it has the best display out of any phone ever).
The Following User Says Thank You to wiimonkey9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2013, 05:53 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 84

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiimonkey9

Yeah, looking at the reflectance measurements at displaymate, while they were good, they weren't the super-mega-amazing results that GG4 should of brought. However, I don't doubt whatsoever that it has anything less than GG3, especially since the S4 has it, and the Note 3 is better than the S4 in every way(not to mention it has the best display out of any phone ever).

I'm thinking the same thing mate!

Here are 2 websites mentioning that Note 3 comes with GG3. Now totaly official source, but what the heck!

Site 1

Site 2

P.S.

These are press releases before the anouncement of the device, but that is all i have for now mate!
17th October 2013, 04:55 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
VZW says Note 3 has GG3
It's been bugging me that no mention is made of Gorilla Glass on Samsung or Corning. No carriers mention it but in the Verizon detailed specs they say Gorilla Glass 3.

I wonder if VZ is perhaps wrong as once upon a time I had read that Samsung was using a GG clone of some sort.

Paste from VZW site:

Specifications
Design
5.7” full HD Super AMOLED Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 Touch Screen Display
Enhanced S–Pen
Dimensions
5.95” (H) x 3.12” (W) x .33” (D) inches
Weight: 5.93 oz.
Network
LTE, CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
Global Network: EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS(850/900/1900/2100)

Bolding is my doing.

The mystery continues.
17th October 2013, 07:58 PM   |  #6  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,012

4,047 posts
More
Corning Gorilla Glass 4 has an anti-reflection coating and an anti-fingerprint/grease coating.

Thus, the Note 3 has CGG3. Because I can count the individual reflected birds is the sky on the glass, once I clear off the fingerprints.

We know it has 3, because the S4 has CGG3, too. Samsung already told us we have the S4's screen.
Last edited by ShadowLea; 17th October 2013 at 08:04 PM.
6th December 2013, 11:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Geylang
Thanks Meter: 72

623 posts
More
there was nothing official. everything is just inferred conclusion like:

1. S4 has GG3. Note3 is higher/better than S4. So it has the better, or at least same screen.
2. Samsung has stake or ownership in Corning. So its assumed they would have put at least Gorilla Glass on it.

corning site doesn't mention it (seen that news below was updated nov 4 2013)

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/p...orilla/samsung

Full device list doesn't have it. But maybe list isn't updated?

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/p...ducts-list-new
6th December 2013, 07:05 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
Side note. I had to replace my day one Note 3 with a new just days ago and had the new one laying right next to the old one. With polarized sunglasses on the new one was darker when looking straight on and would then lighten to match the old one if I tilted my head. Normal with polarized glass. Its weird that it seems there was a change.
7th December 2013, 01:37 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 33

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdc

there was nothing official. everything is just inferred conclusion like:

1. S4 has GG3. Note3 is higher/better than S4. So it has the better, or at least same screen.
2. Samsung has stake or ownership in Corning. So its assumed they would have put at least Gorilla Glass on it.

corning site doesn't mention it (seen that news below was updated nov 4 2013)

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/p...orilla/samsung

Full device list doesn't have it. But maybe list isn't updated?

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/p...ducts-list-new

I don't think you can assume the Note 3 has GG3 - simply because Samsung has been known to use parts from various suppliers according to their needs at the time. Also, if it was GG3, I'm sure Samsung Marketing would be touting that fact hard to sell these phones.
8th December 2013, 12:01 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 19

98 posts
I do know that the Canadian model of the Note 3 has Gorilla Glass, but I do not know what version it is, and I don't know if the other models of the Note 3 have it.

EDIT: Before someone asks for proof, I talked to the product manager in the Canadian facility. Just call your nearest Samsung facility and pester for a product manager or someone who deals with the products.
Last edited by Xelphos; 8th December 2013 at 12:04 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread