Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 45,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WIndows 8 Does not See Nexus Files

Tip us?

buffalo_guy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] WIndows 8 Does not See Nexus Files

I recently upgraded to Windows 8 then subsequently to Android 4.3 on my Nexus 10. I can see the device in device manager and adb recognizes that the device is connected however the device does not show up as device to enable me to transfer files. My Galaxy Nexus and Xoom show up as expected. I have installed the latest drivers and I am at a loss. I have other ways of transferring files but I would like to get this fixed. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Phone - MOTO X - stock

Tablets
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) (rooted) Hyperdrive

Nexus 10 rooted running Craig Gomez's ThunderKat (4.4.2) with Franco kernel

buffalo_guy
Old
(Last edited by buffalo_guy; 5th October 2013 at 05:31 PM.) Reason: Previous solution did not work
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Smile SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo_guy View Post
I recently upgraded to Windows 8 then subsequently to Android 4.3 on my Nexus 10. I can see the device in device manager and adb recognizes that the device is connected however the device does not show up as device to enable me to transfer files. My Galaxy Nexus and Xoom show up as expected. I have installed the latest drivers and I am at a loss. I have other ways of transferring files but I would like to get this fixed. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
I found a solution that worked. See solution at this link. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2380978&page=3
Phone - MOTO X - stock

Tablets
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) (rooted) Hyperdrive

Nexus 10 rooted running Craig Gomez's ThunderKat (4.4.2) with Franco kernel