5,605,904 Members 47,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Network Connections for Android

Tip us?

pandata000
Old
(Last edited by pandata000; 21st November 2013 at 04:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
Phone [APP][2.2+] Network Connections for Android

Hi all,

After making the Anti Spy Mobile, I had some questions from users how to track the actual connections from Spyware apps, or comments like "Anti Spy Mobile says my phone is clean, but my device is still tracked". Then I decided to make Network Connections - an app that monitors, captures and logs all connections from an Android device in order to show where the "data goes". And to work for NON-ROOT devices too. Almost an year after, here's the app - Network Connections for Android.

Because I wanted to thank all of you (XDA-devs members) that gave me suggestions for my previous app - Anti Spy Mobile, I've decided to thank you all by giving you a free, unlimited key for the new app. The key will be available in Google Play until 10/10/2013 extended until 19/10/2013, so everyone who likes the app can download it now and use it without limitations!

About the app - a tool that displays and monitors (tracks) all inbound and outbound connection from and to Android device that works on NO ROOT phones too.

KEY FEATURES:

- Monitors all internet connections from and to your Android device
- Displays notification when hidden apps are connecting to remote servers
- Displays detailed IP information for each connection - IP address, reverse resolving (PTR), AS number, Abuse RBL data, administrative information, etc.
- Gets detailed info about each app that connects to remote servers and network connections used by it - permissions granted to each captured package and all IP addresses used by it.
- Real-time sort by most active, latest connections or by package name.
- Log and export the captured data.

Connections Used by The App:
Google IPs - Statistics and Maps
RIPE, ARIN - IP information

Screenshots:

App URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...onitor&utma=xd (I'm posting the APK as attachment, but it's better to use the Google Play link in order to receive further updates).
Special Unlock Key For XDA-Developers: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ockxda&utma=xd

Please let me know how do you like it, and what are your suggestions on it. One thing that is not implemented, but seems to be good is the feature to block non-wanted connections (this will work for ROOT users only, but still will be a plus).

Known issues: Some IP addresses are not handled correctly on x86 Intel devices - negative numbers in the octets. - fixed

v1.0.8 - fixed resolving in current connections tab & some optimizations

All suggestions are welcome! Thank you !
Attached Files
File Type: apk NetworkConnections-1.0.8.apk - [Click for QR Code] (447.7 KB, 644 views)
The Following 95 Users Say Thank You to pandata000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigmike6200
Old
Thanks Meter 1683
Will this work on E4GT phones?

X'd out the game
The Following User Says Thank You to bigmike6200 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pandata000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike6200 View Post
Will this work on E4GT phones?

X'd out the game
I think E4GT is an ARM processor, so it should work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pandata000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigmike6200
Old
Thanks Meter 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandata000 View Post
I think E4GT is an ARM processor, so it should work.
Ok. Gonna hive it a shot.

X'd out the game
The Following User Says Thank You to bigmike6200 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pandata000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Ok. Gonna hive it a shot.

X'd out the game
Thank you Mike! Let me know if you have any issues with it. Btw, the free unlock key for XDA is already published in Google Play, so if you like the app you can take advantage of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pandata000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigmike6200
Old
Thanks Meter 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandata000 View Post
Thank you Mike! Let me know if you have any issues with it. Btw, the free unlock key for XDA is already published in Google Play, so if you like the app you can take advantage of it.
Already have it now the phone. Liking it a lot. Gonna look through it later tonight. Mahalo

X'd out the game

pandata000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Already have it now the phone. Liking it a lot. Gonna look through it later tonight. Mahalo

X'd out the game
You're welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to pandata000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pandata000
Old
(Last edited by pandata000; 7th October 2013 at 02:08 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
Playing with it, I found some interesting "unexpected" connections:

For example - the ES File Explorer (one of the best file managers for me) is connecting to IP in Beijing, China on the HTTP port 80 ... ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2013-10-07-152408.png
Views:	1120
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	2308464

There are no ads in their app, probably they are using some kind of tracking, but why in China? Most of the apps are using Flurry, Google Analytics, etc. With a saucy list of permissions granted to the app it's scary ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2013-10-07-152915.png
Views:	1055
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	2308466

So, I was thinking that probably a place on the web that explains the network connections of the apps (at least the popular ones) will be a good source of security for those that want to know. What do you think ?
The Following User Says Thank You to pandata000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raul6
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Nice app, thanks! Working well on N4. No funny connection with ES though. Did you use its downloader maybe?
The Following User Says Thank You to raul6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pandata000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
Thanks! About the ES, the connection was right after the start on cleaned prefs. It can be something from their tutorial though ?

Sent from my Nexus using xda premium

Tags
android, capture, connections, security, track