5,594,564 Members 32,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from carliv: Beginners, please check this thread first: http://goo.gl/ni5jNR

[RECOVERY] Carliv Touch Recovery for porting to all MTK phones

Tip us?

carliv
Old
(Last edited by carliv; 8th January 2014 at 08:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2323

DONATE TO ME
Prompt [RECOVERY] Carliv Touch Recovery for porting to all MTK phones

Carliv Touch Recovery all resolutions, for porting to MTK phones and tablets, with guide for manual porting. Version 2.2 with full touch support.

List of devices with confirmed working ports.

INFO:
Based on CWM (6.0.4.4) with full touch support and touch buttons menu. It has all functionality of CWM Recovery plus some added by me, and extra, Aroma File Manager support.

UPDATE Version 2.2:
  • fixed Advanced Restore
  • removed menu buttons navigation - only full touch remains, and now the recovery is even smaller, but fully functional

UPDATE Version 2.1:
  • removed swipe touch module developed by gweedo767 and now the touch is more stable.
  • new menu structure
  • a new "Wipe menu" with all wipes grouped
  • a new menu for advanced backup and restore
  • open recovery script ported from Cannibal Open Touch
  • in post #2 you will find builds with CUSTPACK support for phones that have that partition.
  • in post #3 there are few builds with UBIFS support, ported from Christian Troy's source.
There are more improvements in source and a few errors corrected.

The touch module is inspired mostly by scanno touch recovery for Advent Vega and cleaned up and modernized with some stuff from Cannibal Open Touch Recovery. The full touch module is developed by Napstar from UtterChaos Team - Napstar touch recovery, adapted, modified and improved in some parts by me.

A big THANKS to Napstar for his full touch source.

Instructions:
Important to know: if the menu is bigger than screen surface, to be able to scroll page down you have to swipe right, and for scroll page up to swipe left. Also swipe left for Go Back.
IMPORTANT!!!

FEATURES

To be able to use Aroma File Manager, for which you can find an entry under Carliv menu in recovery, you need to go to amarullz thread and download the version 1.80 of aromafm.zip, because as BOND has discovered this version will be full touch. Rename it to aromafm.zip, make a folder named ".aromafm" (notice the dot before aroma) in clockworkmod folder on sdcard, and copy aromafm.zip in .aromafm folder. Now you can browse your phone without rebooting to Android or connecting the phone to computer.
This is a help in porting my recovery to your devices, powered by MTK processors. I compiled one recovery for every resolution I could think or find. It has my phone base and kernel, but you will change that when you do the port.
No more trouble with size of recovery partition, and support to use aroma file manager.

To understand how to pick the right one for your phone or tablet, this is how they are named: Carliv-Touch-Recovery-WIDTHxHEIGHT where WIDTH is your phone width and HEIGHT is your phone height.

INSTRUCTIONS:

- these are for manual porting! - For automate porting use my friend yuweng's automated porting tool - Thank you my friend!.
1. Download your resolution recovery from the download section and rename it to "recovery-carliv.img".
2. Get your stock boot.img, stock recovery.img and a working CWM recovery for your device.
3. Unpack, using michfood (for windows) or bgcngm (for linux) unpack-repack tool, all these 4 img resources.
4. Here is a picture with my recovery ramdisk structure with explanations:

• In front of all, don't touch init module (this loads your recovery)!
  • First you need to change recovery.fstab from etc folder with yours - compare stock recovery.fstab with that from working CWM, to see if mounting points and partitions names are correct, and then copy a valid recovery.fstab in that folder overwriting mine.
  • Next, open default.prop from my recovery and in other window your stock recovery default.prop (use for all editing notepad++ with UTF-8 encoding and UNIX termination or geany in linux). Change in my default prop all the specs according to your phone.
  • Then, open init.rc from my recovery, stock recovery and working CWM recovery - make all changes in my recovery init.rc, according to your phone specs comparing with the other two.
  • Next, copy from your stock recovery fstab, factory and meta files, ueventd.rc, and overwrite those from my recovery - if in stock recovery there are no such files look in boot ramdisk folder - if you still don't find such files, delete them from my recovery, except ueventd.rc (but this one you'll have it for sure). Attention, you might find more files like advanced_factory_bla-bla-bla, don't pay attention, copy only files that are present in my recovery. To explain, factory files wil help you to do a factory reset properly, even from android settings menu, without loosing permissions or IMEI info, or anything; meta files helps to load needed sys and drivers modules from correct locations if you need let's say the touch module.
  • Then replace the kernel, but look if the kernel is correct in your existing recoveries - compare with one from boot.img and stock recovery.img, it should be the same size; if is not, replace it with the one from boot.img or stock recovery.img.
  • Finally repack Carliv Touch Recovery and you can flash it in your phone.
If you ported before COT Recovery, use just that to replace the files in this one. You don't need again boot, cwm and stock recovery, only COT and this one.

NOTICE:

Because MTK powered phones are so many, in many variants and producers, old and new CPU, this method might not work for all of them - I mean touch feature, or USB mass storage if your device has a weird lun file path...
If someone of you manages to successfully port this recovery to his device, please post here the link to your thread, to make a catalogue with devices that have working Carliv Touch Recoveries. Maybe other users have same device and you will help them to save some time.

Downloads are now in downloads section - see the menu bar above the first post.
Regarding "Fix permissions" option, read here.

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY] Carliv Touch Recovery for porting to all MTK phones, a Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
carliv, yuweng

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.2
Stable Release Date: 2014-01-20

Created 2013-11-05
Last Updated 2014-03-19
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scroll.jpg
Views:	23304
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	2473145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_011.jpg
Views:	37036
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	2502946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_001.png
Views:	3303
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	2502947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_002.png
Views:	3196
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	2502948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_003.png
Views:	3131
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	2502949  

Name:	Selection_004.png
Views:	3122
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	2502951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_005.png
Views:	3069
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	2502952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_006.png
Views:	3070
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	2502953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_007.png
Views:	3015
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	2502954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_008.png
Views:	3013
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	2502955  

Name:	Selection_009.png
Views:	3019
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	2502956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_010.png
Views:	3033
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	2502957  

Feel free to DONATE, if you want, or at least click on the Thanks button. Maybe you don't care, but that "Thanks" helps me a lot. I'm available for hire.
My work for MTK devices
The Following 153 Users Say Thank You to carliv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carliv
Old
(Last edited by carliv; 19th March 2014 at 01:48 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2323

DONATE TO ME
Carliv Touch Recovery 2.2 builds for devices with CUSTPACK partition.

Instructions for porting are the same (find them in OP), but pay extra attention on recovery.fstab and init.rc, to have custpack defined.

1. Carliv Touch Recovery - Custpack - 320x480

2. Carliv Touch Recovery - Custpack - 480x800

3. Carliv Touch Recovery - Custpack - 480x854

4. Carliv Touch Recovery - Custpack - 540x960

5. Carliv Touch Recovery - Custpack - 720x1280

6. Carliv Touch Recovery - Custpack - 1080x1920

Reported to be working very well if the port is done right. Enjoy!

My source is here.

Feel free to DONATE, if you want, or at least click on the Thanks button. Maybe you don't care, but that "Thanks" helps me a lot. I'm available for hire.
My work for MTK devices
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to carliv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carliv
Old
(Last edited by carliv; 19th March 2014 at 01:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2323

DONATE TO ME
Carliv Touch Recovery 2.2 builds for devices with UBIFS partition type.

Instructions for porting are the same (find them in OP). Attention to recovery.fstab - you need to have ubifs instead of ext4.

1. Carliv Touch Recovery - Ubifs - 320x480

2. Carliv Touch Recovery - Ubifs - 480x800

3. Carliv Touch Recovery - Ubifs - 480x854

4. Carliv Touch Recovery - Ubifs - 540x960

Tested and reported to be working very well. Enjoy!

My source is here.

CREDITS:
Christian Troy
- Please if you can, make a donation to Christian, because without him, no MTK ubifs phone would have a custom recovery!

My work for MTK devices
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to carliv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carliv
Old
(Last edited by carliv; 9th March 2014 at 06:56 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2323

DONATE TO ME
LIST OF CONFIRMED WORKING PORTS
Click below to open the list:

1. V2 full touch for Micromax A110/Noir/Cygnus T2 ported by @BOND1987
. * V2.1 full touch for Micromax A110 ported by @captain_nemo

2. Celkon A97i ported by @praderj

3. Star B6000 ported by carliv (me ) and tested by @wahuka

4. Cubot M6589/A890 ported by carliv (me ) and tested by @xhxx

5. FAEA F2/F2S ported by @MiLToS_666

6. Micromax A116 Canvas HD ported by @suhas.holla

7. BLU Life Play ported by @lopestom

8. Gionee Elife E6 ported by carliv (me ) and tested by

9. Acer Liquid E2 ported by @t-minik

10. ZTE v970 / v970m ported by @superdragonpt

11. Jiayu G4 Standard ported by @ygorigor
. * Version 2.2 for Jiayu G4 Standard ported by @lion567

12. SPICE MI 535 ported by @Atrvscet

13. Canvas music a88 ported by @Sudeep Duhoon

14. Cherry Mobile Omega HD 2.0 ported by @dnle71

15. XOLO Q1000S Turbo CPU ported by @Javajohn

16. Jiayu G4 Advanced ported by @lion567
. * Version 2.0 for Jiayu G4 Advanced packed in zip flashing for JiayuEs app by @petesimon

17. Canvas4 Micromax A210 ported by carliv (me ) and tested by

18. CUBOT ONE ported by @Maximus1a

19. UMI X2 ported by carliv (me ) and tested by @djroby19

20. ASUS MEMO PAD HD 7 ported by @superdragonpt

21. Zoppo ZP990 ported by paolothlw8 from androidiani and notified by @renzetti.s

22. IMO S89 Miracle a.k.a amoi N828 (mtk6589) ported by @a.marduk

23. Advan S5F (rebranding from Gfive G9) ported by @jioe

24. XOLO Q800 ported by @Shikhar A

25. iOcean X7 youth/Turbo/Plus/Elite ported by @yuweng and tested by @JuanKaMas

26. Efox Smart e4 ported by @CiR3

27. Blackview JK809 ported by carliv (me ) and tested by @clio94

28. Star S9500 ported by carliv (me ) and tested by @djroby19

29. Star N9500 ported by carliv (me ) and tested by @djroby19
. * Other port for Star N9500 made by @Olidan

30. Zopo ZP820 ported by carliv (me ) and tested by

31. Haipai I9389 ported by @Olidan

32. ZOPO ZP700 MTK6582 ported by @m3n3chm0

33. Xolo Q700/q700i ported by @abhinav2hd

34. Micromax A117 Canvas Magnus MT6589T ported by @fonehacker

35. Version 1.1 and version 2 for Lenovo A820 ported by @cappa72

36. Version 1.1 and version 2 for Wiko Cink Slim and Fly IQ442 Miracle ported by @lohanbarth

37. Micromax Canvas Juice a77 ported by @deathviper

37. BQ Aquaris 3.5 ported by @Typhus_

38. Alcatel One Touch X'Pop 5035D (with custpack) ported by carliv (me ) and tested by

39. Alcatel One Touch 6030x (with custpack) ported by @keemi

40. Gionee E3 with Chinese firmware base ported by @trip007in

41. ThL W8s ported by @datasource

42. Xolo Q3000 ported by @svprm

43. Mpai 809t ported by @MKKLR21

44. Alcatel OT6030X (with custpack) ported by @keemi

45. Alcatel OT6030D (with custpack) ported by @hanuma

46. Alcatel OT Pop C5 5036X (with custpack) ported by @lohanbarth

47. Spice Mi-525 Pinnacle FHD ported by carliv (me ) and tested by

48. StarMobile Diamond V7 ported by @chleoj

49. TCL S950 / Alcatel 6040D (with custpack) ported by @hanuma

The list continue here =>>>>

My work for MTK devices
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to carliv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SuperDroid-BOND
Old
(Last edited by SuperDroid-BOND; 6th October 2013 at 09:44 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3220

DONATE TO ME
Angry CTR Recovery Ported to Canvas 2 / A110/ Noir Q10/Cynus T2

Master @carliv

Master,
Once Again a Masterpiece of yours is on XDA & So, Once again this disciple of yours has done this first.....

Here is My Thread for

CTR Recovery & CWM Recovery 6.0.4.0 for Micromax A110.

Thanks a ton for this again & again. Don't know how to thank you for all of your work. but I do remember my words and waiting for that to thank you once.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperDroid-BOND For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dnle71
Old
(Last edited by dnle71; 6th October 2013 at 10:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 156

DONATE TO ME
thanks for your efforts!

edit: ported the 720x1280 ver. for my device and it seems to be working all fine but the log info seems to be blocking the navigation button. I guess that's just it, thanks again!
LG Optimus One Thread

CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightlies
CyanogenMod Nightlies Changelog

Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything.

carliv
Old
(Last edited by carliv; 6th October 2013 at 10:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnle71 View Post
thanks for your efforts!

edit: ported the 720x1280 ver. for my device and it seems to be working all fine but the log info seems to be blocking the navigation button. I guess that's just it, thanks again!
No. it shouldn't be that way. This has something to do with some values from default_recovery_ui. I put those values arbitrary because I don't have your phones. It's not really blocking, only visual, but the buttons still work. I guess it looks like in the old AmonRa recovery with touch buttons.
I will take that in consideration for future improvements. For other phones with same resolution, may be different.

It will be really helpfull if you post here your phone res and the maxX and maxY values from settings.ini from cotrecovery folder, if you had that installed before.

My work for MTK devices
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carliv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dnle71
Old
Thanks Meter 156

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carliv View Post
No. it shouldn't be that way. This has something to do with some values from default_recovery_ui. I put those values arbitrary because I don't have your phones. It's not really blocking, only visual, but the buttons still work. I guess it looks like in the old AmonRa recovery with touch buttons.
I will take that in consideration for future improvements. For other phones with same resolution, may be different.

It will be really helpfull if you post here your phone res and the maxX and maxY values from settings.ini from cotrecovery folder, if you had that installed before.
touch is working even if it was somewhat blocked or something but the touch could extend above even if im not actually touching the nav buttons.

cot settings here.
;
; COT Settings INI
;

[Settings]
Theme = hydro ;
SDTheme = 0;
ORSReboot = 0 ;
ORSWipePrompt = 1 ;
BackupPrompt = 1 ;
SignatureCheckEnabled = 0 ;
BackupFormat = 0 ;
maxX = 742 ;
maxY = 1278 ;
touchY = 1067 ;
Language = en ;
LG Optimus One Thread

carliv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnle71 View Post
touch is working even if it was somewhat blocked or something but the touch could extend above even if im not actually touching the nav buttons.

cot settings here.
;
; COT Settings INI
;

[Settings]
Theme = hydro ;
SDTheme = 0;
ORSReboot = 0 ;
ORSWipePrompt = 1 ;
BackupPrompt = 1 ;
SignatureCheckEnabled = 0 ;
BackupFormat = 0 ;
maxX = 742 ;
maxY = 1278 ;
touchY = 1067 ;
Language = en ;
Can you download and port again your resolution 720x1280? I changed some settings and it is updated to 6.0.4.0
Tell me if it works to re-compile all res again.

My work for MTK devices
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carliv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dnle71
Old
(Last edited by dnle71; 6th October 2013 at 01:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 156

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carliv View Post
Can you download and port again your resolution 720x1280? I changed some settings and it is updated to 6.0.4.0
Tell me if it works to re-compile all res again.
still the same.. also notice my finger, the nav button detects it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	06102013314.jpg
Views:	1185
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	2306113  
LG Optimus One Thread

Tags
carliv, cwm, mtk, recovery, touch