Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,386 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

official 4.3 update att l337

Tip us?

caucasion
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default official 4.3 update att l337

spoke to supervisor at att and said 4.3 is att and is n testin and will b released this week comin up about 500 to 600 mb download so get ready .ps those will get notified thru text for upgrade and others will get it the next day so there wont b no errors n the download and no overloadin the system yadaya...and more bloatware aswell from att but hey we get wat we pay for so get ure phone prepared and clean it good so u wont miss any files or uno

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to caucasion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r8revealed
Old
Thanks Meter 23
If there is going to be an update, we all should be prepared to see its affects on rooting and recoveries, I don't want another MF3 nightmare- again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337) via Tapatalk 4
-Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Mist AT&T (SGH-i337) Safestrapped Google Play Edition 4.4.4 (NC1)
-Samsung Galaxy S3 Marble White AT&T (SGH-i747) (CM11)

lthary
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I will not trust too much AT&T guys! From my experience they are not too many people knowing when the update will be release. Well lets keep the hopes up and freeze the update to not lose the root!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 813
The Canadians haven't received it yet (though it is slated for October) and you expect people to believe AT&T will be releasing it this week? I guess it could happen, but I've yet to see any convincing evidence. Anyone working at AT&T should not be considered a good source for anything. Regardless, don't touch it until it is checked out by those that know what they are doing. Of course, the same "challenged" people that screwed up with MF3 (and continue to do so) will do the same with 4.3 no matter what kind of warnings people post. Some people just don't know how to read and never learn from their mistakes.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scott14719 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ACardAttack
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
The Canadians haven't received it yet (though it is slated for October) and you expect people to believe AT&T will be releasing it this week? I guess it could happen, but I've yet to see any convincing evidence. Anyone working at AT&T should not be considered a good source for anything. Regardless, don't touch it until it is checked out by those that know what they are doing. Of course, the same "challenged" people that screwed up with MF3 (and continue to do so) will do the same with 4.3 no matter what kind of warnings people post. Some people just don't know how to read and never learn from their mistakes.
Well my phone auto updated, so not everyone who upgraded to MF3 did it on their own, it just happened with mine, now I know to freeze those processes with titanium backup

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Kingo root might still work for it. It worked for mf3 baseband with one-click root.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,221
It'll be locked down tighter than mf3. Each new version will patch the previous versions vulnerabilities.

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack View Post
Well my phone auto updated, so not everyone who upgraded to MF3 did it on their own, it just happened with mine, now I know to freeze those processes with titanium backup
It was posted several times well before MF3 was ever released:

A. Do not take the MF3 update until it was checked out (unless you don't care about modding).

and

B. A couple of ways to prevent the update, automatic or not.

It was then reported / posted several times directly after MF3 started pushing (within 1 day) that it would auto-update and exact instructions were provided on how to keep it from doing so.

There are no excuses, just lack of reading.

Like I said, if you don't care about changing or modding your phone than it doesn't matter, but if you are here at XDA in the first place, it means you DO want to do things to your phone and therefore, there is no excuse for not knowing about the updates, what to do or not to do with them, and how to prevent them if needed. The only reason for this is not reading.

Personally, I don't care. I know what to do for my phone because I search, learn, and read. However, the dozens and dozens of people that come running here crying for help when they should have helped themselves is annoying. It's sad when people take the time to provide information in an informative and easily understandable way and others just ignore it and then want to blame others because they did so. And that is exactly what happens...again, no excuses.

If people would read THIS, I am telling them NOT to update before the update is checked out to see what it changes and effects. The thread title is, "OFFICIAL 4.3 UPDATE AT&T I337". That is all the information that is needed for a search here at XDA, on Google, or even a simple visual search. If anyone puts ANY minimal effort into it, they can see what I have posted here. But, that is the problem, people are too lazy and to entitled to do anything on their own to take responsibility for what they do to their phones. They would rather call the people that follow XDA rules and take responsibility for what they do names like "Dick" or "Condescending" when it is pointed out to them where to learn about what they want to do and what they should have done to begin with.

So, here it is if you want to ever MOD your phone again in any way:

DO NOT TAKE THE AT&T 4.3 UPDATE (OR ANY OTHER UPDATES) OR ALLOW YOUR PHONE TO AUTO-UPDATE UNTIL THE DEVS AT XDA HAVE A CHANCE TO CHECK THE UPDATE OUT TO SEE WHAT IT CHANGES!

If you do, it is your own damn fault...take responsibility for it!
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to scott14719 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aka120
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
It'll be locked down tighter than mf3. Each new version will patch the previous versions vulnerabilities.
Sigh... so true. That's why I will never outright buy a phone from AT&T again.

Will be getting a GPE phone if I go with another Galaxy.

To keep it on topic, I'm with the others on this, I don't put my faith in employees at AT&T. Sure it's possible the update could drop this week... but either way I won't be updating any time soon.

ACardAttack
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
It was posted several times well before MF3 was ever released:

There are no excuses, just lack of reading.
No excuses you know, unless you don't frequent forums like this and it just happened....

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe