Headphones?

OP gerg004

9th October 2013, 08:34 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 74

181 posts
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...ting-earphones

vs

http://1964ears.com/products_triples.html + $50~125 for ear molding at an audiologist

Same arrangement of triple drivers, but one offers full isolation due to custom molded body. Depending on audiologist, could be less expensive or more expensive.

*edit*
Comparison:

Shure e535

Sensitivity: 119 dB SPL/mW
Impedance: 36 Ω
Frequency Response: 18Hz – 19kHz

1964 V3:

Sensitivity: 119 dB SPL/mW
Impedance: 16 Ω
Frequency Response: 12Hz-17kHz

They both sport the same sensitivity*, so watt/watt they're equally as loud, though the V3s have a significantly lower impedance, which means the amp chip will put more wattage out (over twice as much). The Frequency Responses are neither where I'd prefer them to be. Few people can hear below 20 Hz and above 20kHz. I personally have tested up to 27kHz and down to 17Hz, and I do everything I possibly can to retain that ability, but for most people, the range below 20Hz is simply wasted. They both lack a bit in the high-end, though. Albeit, the triple driver models of both of these are designed for bass players, so that's hardly going to kill why either are sold. Where other differences will come in is the balancing of the crossovers in each. Shure IEMs, being mass-produced, will have a tolerance that is fairly loose. The 1964 V3s, however, are custom made. That means the components are tested thoroughly before construction to ensure a small tolerance. (No 2 drivers are identical. Proper testing on a custom will almost always ensure a more balanced output than any mass-produced model.)

*Sensitivity is a measurement of the driver's output in a controlled environment. This environment is applicable to the driver's intended environment. Higher SPL means more volume output.
In the case of Loudspeakers, the measurement environment is 1 watt, open-air, no enclosure.
In the case of in-ear drivers, the measurement environment is 1 milliwatt, open-air limited airspace (less than .25 cu. ft.), no enclosure.
Last edited by Banggugyangu; 9th October 2013 at 08:51 PM.
10th October 2013, 02:40 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 8

22 posts
No Headphones in the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluen25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2013, 04:27 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 10

80 posts
Just picked up my Note 3 from VZW corp store, no headphones included....
The Following User Says Thank You to Stone 13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2013, 07:48 PM   |  #24  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 5

99 posts
More
Did anybody receive an SD card?
10th October 2013, 07:51 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 74

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inco9nito99

Did anybody receive an SD card?

SD card isn't included with the phone. It comes with 32/64 GB internal storage depending on the model you order.
The Following User Says Thank You to Banggugyangu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread