Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 50,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] Kingo Android Root Method

Tip us?

xBeerdroiDx
Old
(Last edited by xBeerdroiDx; 2nd January 2014 at 02:15 AM.) Reason: Thread re-opened. Discussion is now allowed.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1396
Info 2 [ROOT] Kingo Android Root Method

-
Kingo Android Root is a well-designed, aesthetically pleasing application for Windows based computers that forgoes the device specific route, and offers rooting for a lot of Android devices from a variety of manufacturers. Supported phones include the likes of Google Nexus lineup, several HTC devices including HTC One, One X, One V, Droid Eris, Motorola Defy, a number of Samsung phones, popular LG devices and some smartphones from Sony. It offers a true one-click root experience, where you have to just download the application, install it, connect your device and click Root.

There are a few things that you need to be mindful of. When connecting your device, you need to have USB Debugging enabled in Android settings. There’s no requirement for pre-installed device drivers, as the software will take care of that for you. In fact, it will give you the Root option only after the drivers have been properly configured. Past that, all you have to do is hit the Root button, and let the application work its magic.

The app pushes SuperSU binaries which are slightly outdated, but get instantly updated to the new version thanks to Google Play. However, it won’t install a custom recovery, so that part you’ll have to take care of manually. Kingo Android Root supports Android versions up to 4.3.

The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to xBeerdroiDx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xBeerdroiDx
Old
(Last edited by Naddict; 22nd October 2013 at 12:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1396
How to Use the Kingo Android Root One-Click Tool

Step 1. Download the Kingo Android Root windows application and install it on your Windows desktop.

Step 2. Once the installation is finished, run the application and connect the device to the computer with USB cable to start the process. Now the application will install the latest drivers on your PC.

Step 3. This will take some time to install the drivers. Once the drivers are installed on your PC, you will see a new screen on your desktop with your device name and "ROOT" button. See the screenshot below:

Step 4. Hit the ROOT Button from the app screen to begin the root process on your device.

Step 5. Be patient. It will take some time to finish the process. Once the operation is completed, you will see the “Root Succeeded” message on your screen.

Your device should now be rooted. With the help of this application you can unroot your device as well. All you have to do is select the Unroot button and follow the onscreen instructions. For more help, check the application FAQ section Mod Edit here too..

**None of this is my material. This is the work of the Kingo team.**
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xBeerdroiDx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3060
A good and needed write up. Thanks beerdroid!
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r8revealed
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Awesome. I'm happy I won't need to deal with that terminal stuff

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337) via Tapatalk 4
-Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Mist AT&T (SGH-i337) Safestrapped Google Play Edition 4.4.4 (NC1)
-Samsung Galaxy S3 Marble White AT&T (SGH-i747) (CM11)

humblehyper
Old
(Last edited by humblehyper; 7th October 2013 at 11:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
Finally someone titled this correctly.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblehyper View Post
Finally someone titled this correctly. Give credit to the original poster
Credit is given in the op

bigystyle84
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I rooted my Rogers G4 with this.

A+

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I rooted my Rogers G4 with this.

A+
Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S4 i337m - Rogers

jball
Old
Thanks Meter 147
So it works with MF3 can this developer crack the bootloader to.that would be awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jball For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blackguy101
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Im all rooted!

ccsoccer23
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Everything is taking forever.. It's still Connecting from when it told me to Grant Super User permissions when the screen pops up on my phone. Any ideas why?

Tags
mf3, mf3 ota, root