5,605,835 Members 47,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WORKING] ROOT CWM Galaxy Star Duos 5282/5280

Tip us?
 
Hnk1
Old
(Last edited by Hnk1; 23rd December 2013 at 07:40 PM.)
#1  
Hnk1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 420
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Default [WORKING] ROOT CWM Galaxy Star Duos 5282/5280

THIS IS METHOD I USED AND IT IS 100 percent working. FULLY TESTED BY ME. However, I installed Super SU before trying this as I was rooting the device by different methods and found this most easy. Installing SuperSU from market before doing these steps is not required.

METHOD

This should work on both galaxy star. S5282 and S5280

Download CWM recovery
Download Odin
Download Super SU

Firstly, boot into odin mode by turn off your phone and wait 10 seconds. This is to ensure your phone has completely switched off.
Hold down power+volume down+home key. A screen will come asking you to continue. Press voume up key to continue.

Open odin as administrator and then click pda and choose recovery file downloaded from attachment. You will have to unzip the odin and recovery. Sometimes Odin wouldnot show files on desktop so make sure recovery is in DRIVE:/ANY NAME/ RECOVERY.TAR

Flash it by clicking start.

The phone will restart.

Switch off phone again. This time boot into recovery by pressing this combination. Hold down power+volume up+home key You may leave power key after you see model number.

Choose flash zip via recovery and choose SuperSU.zip

Restart phone after flashing the zip

YOU ARE ROOTED WITH CUSTOM RECOVERY. ENJOY

Update SuperSU from market if needed

ODIN FLASHABLE FILES FOR SAMSUNG
http://samsung-updates.com/

GIVE PROPER CREDITS IF USING MY RECOVERY AND TAKE PERMISSION BEFORE DOING SO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	2520
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	2330991   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	2471
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2330992   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	2193
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2330993   Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.JPG
Views:	2240
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	2331045   Click image for larger version

Name:	1b.JPG
Views:	3724
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	2331046  

Attached Files
File Type: zip Odin307.zip - [Click for QR Code] (347.1 KB, 11364 views)
File Type: zip recovery.tar.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.58 MB, 31938 views)
File Type: zip UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip - [Click for QR Code] (878.7 KB, 21116 views)
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED

DO YOU WANT A TUTORIAL/GUIDE THAT HAS BEEN NOT WRITTEN OR COULD BE EXPLAINED IN DETAILS PM ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE

BUYING A NEW DEVICE. READ THIS GUIDE FIRST


CONTACT ME ON BBM
 
BBM PIN : 74620ff5
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Hnk1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xyz121
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1 View Post
THIS IS METHOD I USED AND IT IS 100 percent working. FULLY TESTED BY ME. However, I installed Super SU before trying this as I was rooting the device by different methods and found this most easy. Installing SuperSU from market before doing these steps is not required.

METHOD

This should work on both galaxy star. S5282 and S5280

Download CWM recovery
Download Odin
Download Super SU

Firstly, boot into odin mode by turn off your phone and wait 10 seconds. This is to ensure your phone has completely switched off.
Hold down power+volume down+home key. A screen will come asking you to continue. Press voume up key to continue.

Open odin as administrator and then click pda and choose recovery file downloaded from attachment. You will have to unzip the odin and recovery. Sometimes Odin wouldnot show files on desktop so make sure recovery is in DRIVE:/ANY NAME/ RECOVERY.TAR

Flash it by clicking start.

The phone will restart.

Switch off phone again. This time boot into recovery by pressing this combination. Hold down power+volume up+home key You may leave power key after you see model number.

Choose flash zip via recovery and choose SuperSU.zip

Restart phone after flashing the zip

YOU ARE ROOTED WITH CUSTOM RECOVERY. ENJOY

Update SuperSU from market if needed
Thanks thanks thanks! WORKS LIKE A CHARM AND IT IS ALOT EASIER THAN OTHER WAYS
 
Chirtagh
Old
#3  
Chirtagh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 244
Posts: 279
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bengaluru

 
DONATE TO ME
did you built the CWM ?? or some one built it mention everything about it devv..
 
atocruz
Old
#4  
atocruz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 386
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land of the Corrupted People
Thanks bro, its nice to have a working cwm for our Star.
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 JB4.1.2 Sweet Rom v11
LG Nexus 4 - Official Android 4.3
Samsung Galaxy Grand i9082;
Samsung Galaxy Win Quattro i8552;
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 P3100
Samsung Galaxy Star S5280

MAPUA
I.I.E.E
 
Hnk1
Old
#5  
Hnk1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 420
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirtagh View Post
did you built the CWM ?? or some one built it mention everything about it devv..
The CWM has been ported and I did the work for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atocruz View Post
Thanks bro, its nice to have a working cwm for our Star.
Enjoy mate!
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED

DO YOU WANT A TUTORIAL/GUIDE THAT HAS BEEN NOT WRITTEN OR COULD BE EXPLAINED IN DETAILS PM ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE

BUYING A NEW DEVICE. READ THIS GUIDE FIRST


CONTACT ME ON BBM
 
BBM PIN : 74620ff5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hnk1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Chirtagh
Old
#6  
Chirtagh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 244
Posts: 279
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bengaluru

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1 View Post
The CWM has been ported and I did the work for that!



Enjoy mate!
Well thats good
And any other confirmed it working??
 
ironman38102
Old
#7  
ironman38102's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 168
Posts: 2,335
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manama
Its booting for me

Its going to be LEGEND---wait for it----DARY!-Barney Stinson now Free

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Although havent tested installing or mounting zips

Its going to be LEGEND---wait for it----DARY!-Barney Stinson now Free
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Star Duos S5282(Rooted with CWM6) Flash Counts: 7+
ROM:Rooted Stock rom
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.3.7

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3(Flash Counts: 2)
ROM: RocketTab v2.0 by Tempdroid
Kernel: Latest Blackhawk Kernel
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0


Its going to be LEGEND--wait for it---DARY!-Barney Stinson(How I Met Your Mother)

NOTICE: Do not send me any PM asking for tech support! Use the search bar for that!
 
Chirtagh
Old
#8  
Chirtagh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 244
Posts: 279
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bengaluru

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman38102 View Post
Its booting for me

Its going to be LEGEND---wait for it----DARY!-Barney Stinson now Free

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Although havent tested installing or mounting zips

Its going to be LEGEND---wait for it----DARY!-Barney Stinson now Free
i ve modded systemui will flash and update it you ..
 
Chirtagh
Old
#9  
Chirtagh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 244
Posts: 279
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bengaluru

 
DONATE TO ME
Bootloop bro don't know wat went wrong?
used the script from uot kitchen...
 
ironman38102
Old
#10  
ironman38102's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 168
Posts: 2,335
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manama
Logcat?

***Its going to be LEGEND---wait for it----DARY!-Barney Stinson*** now Free

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Do a adb logcat>logcat.txt

***Its going to be LEGEND---wait for it----DARY!-Barney Stinson*** now Free
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Star Duos S5282(Rooted with CWM6) Flash Counts: 7+
ROM:Rooted Stock rom
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.3.7

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3(Flash Counts: 2)
ROM: RocketTab v2.0 by Tempdroid
Kernel: Latest Blackhawk Kernel
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0


Its going to be LEGEND--wait for it---DARY!-Barney Stinson(How I Met Your Mother)

NOTICE: Do not send me any PM asking for tech support! Use the search bar for that!

Tags
cwm 5282, root 5282, samsung galaxy star
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes