Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] Verizon HTC One Splash Image Creator

Tip us?

IceDragon59
Old
(Last edited by IceDragon59; 8th October 2013 at 08:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Default [TOOL] Verizon HTC One Splash Image Creator

With all the splash screen discussion and threads popping up, I decided it was time to make a tool which could help users create and flash their own splash screens.

Verizon HTC One Splash Image Creator

This simple Windows command-line tool allows the creation of splash images, which are automatically converted to zip files and placed in the 'flash' folder, ready to be flashed, which can be flashed by the second option. It also allows the backing-up of your current splash image, as well as extracting the image from custom '.img' files.

Instructions:
  • S-OFF is required for this to function!
  • Everything needed is included aside from the image you want to be a splash screen, and the on-screen directions are quite straight-forward.
  • Unzip it to a location you can easily find and run 'splash.bat'. If necessary, run it as Administrator.
  • Make sure you maintain the folder structure as it is in the zip.

DISCLAIMER:
This tool consists of several files, most of which I didn't create. Specifically, it includes the most up-to-date ADB and Fastboot files, along with the FFMPEG free software licensed under GPL, as well as 7-Zip, also licensed under GPL. I am not making money from this tool, therefore everything should be copacetic. All I'm doing is collecting them in one place, making it significantly easier to perform its specific function.

I can not be held responsible for your use of this tool. Flashing custom images generally can't brick your device, but if it does, the fault lies with you, the user. I am not liable. Use this tool at your own risk. This is for the Verizon HTC One only!

Screenshots:

Known Issues:
  • When creating a splash image, sometimes it asks you to specify whether the destination is a file or directory. It's a directory. I have overwrite and quiet mode on, so it shouldn't pop up and ask that. It only does it about 2 out of 30 times.
  • When flashing the splash zip, it sometimes tells me that fastboot flash isn't a valid command, despite it working without changing anything since the last time I ran it. I also tested it about 30 times, and it also only gave me that error twice. It immediately reboots and works again right after that without any modification.

Potential Limitations:
  • I have only been able to test this on the 1.10.605.8 software release. I don't know if you need to change the text in the android-info.txt file in the '/tools/' folder to the updated version or not. I would appreciate it if someone would test that for me who is currently on the new update.

Changelog:
Code:
v1.01 - Bux fix regarding folder structure.
v1.0 - Initial release.

Download:
http://d-h.st/OTD

Please let me know if you discover any bugs, or if you think you know why I have the two I have now. Also, let me know if it works on the .10 software update.

Current phone: T-Mobile HTC One (M8) - Gunmetal Gray
S-OFF
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Retired phones: HTC One, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE

Droid Incredible 4G LTE FAQs
Droid Incredible 4G LTE Tips and Tricks
Droid Incredible 4G LTE Resource Index
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IceDragon59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IceDragon59
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
RESERVED

S-OFF

sebastianraven
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
This isn't working for me. Its saying that '/tools/adb.exe' does not exist.

IceDragon59
Old
(Last edited by IceDragon59; 8th October 2013 at 08:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianraven View Post
This isn't working for me. Its saying that '/tools/adb.exe' does not exist.
Are you maintaining the folder structure as it is in the zip?

EDIT:
I did leave a bug in there regarding folder structure. I was operating from C:\ during testing, and left "C:" in there as part of the test for whether the needed files existed. If you were operating on a drive letter besides C:, it would throw that error. I removed that drive letter requirement. Please download version 1.01 and try it again from any drive letter you like.

S-OFF

sebastianraven
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragon59 View Post
Are you maintaining the folder structure as it is in the zip?

EDIT:
I did leave a bug in there regarding folder structure. I was operating from C:\ during testing, and left "C:" in there as part of the test for whether the needed files existed. If you were operating on a drive letter besides C:, it would throw that error. I removed that drive letter requirement. Please download version 1.01 and try it again from any drive letter you like.
Ok. Here's what I did:

Redownloaded the zip.

Unzipped and moved it to my C: drive to make this as simple as possible.

Ran as Administrator

Selected #2.

Got the same error.

IceDragon59
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianraven View Post
Ok. Here's what I did:

Redownloaded the zip.

Unzipped and moved it to my C: drive to make this as simple as possible.

Ran as Administrator

Selected #2.

Got the same error.
That's very odd. Are you placing a picture in the 'image' folder, using option #1 and converting it to the flashable zip, then trying to flash it? If there's no zip to flash, it throws an error, even though that's the wrong error.

S-OFF

ak074
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragon59 View Post
Potential Limitations:
  • I have only been able to test this on the 1.10.605.8 software release. I don't know if you need to change the text in the android-info.txt file in the '/tools/' folder to the updated version or not. I would appreciate it if someone would test that for me who is currently on the new update.

Please let me know if you discover any bugs, or if you think you know why I have the two I have now. Also, let me know if it works on the .10 software update.
if this creates the .img to be flashed via hboot, then the android-info.txt will need to be changed to reflect the current version of the phone.

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8901

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak074 View Post
if this creates the .img to be flashed via hboot, then the android-info.txt will need to be changed to reflect the current version of the phone.
I know there is a way to fix it but yea it's better to be safe than sorry
on rezound I accidentally flashed a leaked one, so i couldn't flash any of these, we eventually figured out a way to fix it thankfully but it was a lesson learned
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

mrka
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Good job man!
Worked great for me.
Thanks!

Pete450
Old
Thanks Meter 460
I would like to start using this tool, but I am using santods modded no-text hboot from the latest OTA...
What should the android-info.txt file have? do i just change the mainver?

Current device: HTC One M7