Accessories for Sony SmartWatch 2

Search This thread

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
Starting up a thread on accessories for the SmartWatch 2. Not sure there's going to be much but definitely alternate wrist straps and screen protectors.

I'll start off the list:

Sony SmartWatch 2 - Pre-requisite before you buy any accessories :)

Screen protectors

41TGv-4dfPL.jpg

Savvies CrystalClear screen protector

Illumishield screen protector

Skinomi Techskin full body protector skin

Skinomi Techskin 'dark wood' full body skin

Watch Bands
Any 24mm watch band should be compatible.
514ASOANyBL.jpg

Hadley Roma's Black Leather Watchband - Link

Panerai Tan Brown Watchband - Link

Military-style nylon watchband - Link

Black crocodile pattern leather watchband - Link

Black rubber dive-style watchband - Link

Genuine black kevlar watchband - Link

Brown full-grain leather watchband - Link

Metal links watchband - Link

Metal oyster-style link watchband - Link

Black metal oyster-style link watchband - Link

Stainless steel mesh watchband - Link

Genuine Sony Smartwatch 2 black or brown leather watchband Link

Last edited:

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
i wish they made a leather variant of how the silicon version looks, less "edgy"

something like this, but with buckle ofcourse

Last edited:

ScottXe

Feb 15, 2006
Do we need screen protector? I believe it is a mineral glass like the normal watch.

Do we need screen protector? I believe it is a mineral glass like the normal watch.

You obviously haven't actually touched one, have you? This is your regular type mobile phone "glass". It flexes. Feels just like on my Note 2, but seems flimsier when you tap it with your finger. Even if it was as strong as Gorilla Glass, people still put screen protectors on those, as they can't handle hard stuff like sand and gravel. Also, it's a watch. You'll slam it into something eventually, more likely quite frequently. Nowhere do Sony advertise the screen material. A few places it says scratch resistant. If it was tough, like Gorilla Glass (with its inherent weaknesses), Sony, like Samsung, would use it in their advertisement. ;) I've ordered atFolix screen protectors on amazon.de (slightly cheaper than amazon.co.uk, for some reason, shipping to Denmark. I ordered it 2 months ago, got auto-cancelled due to some 30 day policy thing, so reordered. They keep postponing it over and over again. If it continues like this, I wonder if I'll even have it before Christmas. If you're in the US, consider Skinomi Techskin or iLLumiShield, which are both good from reviews I've read, but shipping to Europe is $17! Hence the "if you're in the US" comment ;)

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I've read several reviews saying Savvies is a crap brand. ILLumiShield I would have ordered already, if shipping to Europe wasn't' $17 :( I went for atFolix instead, but I think they and iLLumiShield are comparable.

Reactions: rachel lee

ScottXe

Feb 15, 2006
Thanks for your detail explanation. I have been using it for 2 weeks. I may get one if I can get it since SSW2 is not popular as iPhone or Samsung SG2/3/4 phones. Getting accessories would not be so easy. For your info, do not buy Skinomi screen protector as the material is too soft. It is unsuitable for writing something on it. I bought it for Samsung ATIV 700 tablet pc and the friction is too much and gave up.

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com

chongbh

Aug 5, 2008
Singpapore
Starting up a thread on accessories for the SmartWatch 2. Not sure there's going to be much but definitely alternate wrist straps and screen protectors.

I'll start off the list:

Screen protectors

41TGv-4dfPL.jpg

Watch Bands
514ASOANyBL.jpg

Just pasted the DataFlex Hi Resolution Anti-Finger Print SP on my SmartWatch 2.

This SP combines the 2 properties of Crystal Clear Hi Resolution Image Display and Anti-Finger Print on the SP Surface, I truly love this SP which I have it on my previous phones and now I apply it on my Xperia Z1.

Price for the SP on my SmartWatch 2 is very expensive which is SGD $15 but I am not going to remove it till I change to the next generation of SmartWatch.

DroidToyiu

Oct 20, 2013
Stock Metal Strap

Anyone know if it is possible to order the metal variant of the stock watch strap without ordering the entire device? I recently purchased the silicon version, and decided I would prefer metal. Sadly the company I bought it from refuses to refund, and most of the other 24mm metal bands I like are either way too expensive or impossible to find.

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
Anyone know if it is possible to order the metal variant of the stock watch strap without ordering the entire device? I recently purchased the silicon version, and decided I would prefer metal. Sadly the company I bought it from refuses to refund, and most of the other 24mm metal bands I like are either way too expensive or impossible to find.

Sorry I haven't been able to find the original Sony metal band anywhere.
Been looking for some metal watchband alternatives and found this one:

Black PVD Heavy Stainless Steel Mesh Diver watch band

Otherwise you might be able to buy this cheap $7 watch and use the metal band from it - link.

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
For an idea of how much the OEM metal band is worth...

http://www.strapcode.com/store/24mm...watch-band-divers-extension-clasp-p-1933.html

I think I'm going to suck it up and get the Type II in black

http://www.strapcode.com/store/24mm...ight-watch-band-push-button-black-p-1927.html

Expensive... Yes. But selling my currently too small metal band will offset the price a bit.

Wow that price is ridiculously expensive! The same price as the watch! But good find on that site though.

mathiosn

Dec 20, 2008
greece
If anyone out there has an old MBW-150 Executive try removing the watchband and putting it on the new smartwatch that's what I did. it looks quite good it has a 24mm fitting

Attachments

• DSCN0268.jpg
    DSCN0268.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 1,897
  • DSCN0264.jpg
    DSCN0264.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 1,647
  • DSCN0265.jpg
    DSCN0265.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 1,752
  • DSCN0269.jpg
    DSCN0269.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 1,488
  • DSCN0270.jpg
    DSCN0270.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 1,383
  • DSCN0271.jpg
    DSCN0271.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 1,281
  • DSCN0272.jpg
    DSCN0272.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 1,399
Last edited:
Reactions: kill_dano

Ycb04

Oct 20, 2007
That strap looks exactly like the one on my addidas watch lol

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'll start off the list:

Screen protectors

41TGv-4dfPL.jpg

Watch Bands
    514ASOANyBL.jpg

Genuine Sony Smartwatch 2 black or brown leather watchband Link
    Added that carbon fiber skin. It's pretty sexy. It also came with a good screen protector.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app
    Well. I think its really fugly. But that's just simply my opinion.

You obviously haven't actually touched one, have you? This is your regular type mobile phone "glass". It flexes. Feels just like on my Note 2, but seems flimsier when you tap it with your finger. Even if it was as strong as Gorilla Glass, people still put screen protectors on those, as they can't handle hard stuff like sand and gravel. Also, it's a watch. You'll slam it into something eventually, more likely quite frequently. Nowhere do Sony advertise the screen material. A few places it says scratch resistant. If it was tough, like Gorilla Glass (with its inherent weaknesses), Sony, like Samsung, would use it in their advertisement. ;) I've ordered atFolix screen protectors on amazon.de (slightly cheaper than amazon.co.uk, for some reason, shipping to Denmark. I ordered it 2 months ago, got auto-cancelled due to some 30 day policy thing, so reordered. They keep postponing it over and over again. If it continues like this, I wonder if I'll even have it before Christmas. If you're in the US, consider Skinomi Techskin or iLLumiShield, which are both good from reviews I've read, but shipping to Europe is $17! Hence the "if you're in the US" comment ;)

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I've read several reviews saying Savvies is a crap brand. ILLumiShield I would have ordered already, if shipping to Europe wasn't' $17 :( I went for atFolix instead, but I think they and iLLumiShield are comparable.
    Picked up the Sony brown leather band from amazon and I love it.