[APP / Tool] Universal kernel flash
Universal kernel flash tool
It's pretty easy, just follow simple few steps:
- Select a valid kernel image
Does it increase binary counter?
Do I need to be rooted?
Yes, of course.
Why is it for?
With this tool you can flash kernels without a PC in your Android, easy and safer than never, just select the kernel image, flash and reboot.
Why is it safer?
It has MD5 checksum to verify that your file is not corrupt, you must want to check it before flashing...
I have soft bricked my device flashing an mp3 file (?) what can I do?
Flash with odin again, you can optionally flash the kernel only.
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-I9070/P)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-I8160)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300/I9305)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500/I9505)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000)
- Motorola Moto G (XT1028/31/32/33/34)
- LG Nexus 4
* If you want to add a device to the list pm details and a kernel thread to have an example and I will update as soon as possible.
̶M̶e̶n̶u̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶g̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶b̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶(̶?̶)̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ :confused: Fixed!
H̶a̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶s̶u̶p̶o̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶i̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶u̶m̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ Fixed! (?)
You tell me... Tell me how to replicate also :p
Motorola Moto G variants added
- Supported devices:
- Nexus 4
- fixed bug that marked i9070 as unsupported under android 4.3 version
- more android versions supported for GT-I8160
- support for Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) added
- support for Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) added
- support for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) added
- Nexus 4 added (4.2 and 4.3 Jelly Bean supported)
- Semaphore kernels for mako added
- Last CoCore kernels for GT-I9070 added
- Added support for Android 4.2 and 4.3, CyanogenMod 10, 10.1, 10.2
- Added support for CoCore-E 6.0
- Added support for CoCore-E 6.2
- Added support for CoCore-E 6.8
- Added support for CoCore-EP 6.8 BETA
- Minor fixes / cleanup
- Added support for GT-I9070P JB version
- Added support for CoCore 5.6
- EDIT: New app reuploaded and old app unpublished.
- 60% of the total source rebuilt cause of data loss w/out proper backup :( I could rebuilt the app but my signing keys are gone, so do not expect more updates via Play Store anymore until I fix it or upload a different and separated apk
- Added support for Samsung Galaxy Ace II (GT-I8160) JB version
- Added support for CoCore 5.0 and 5.1, D kernel for Ace II
- Minor changes
- Fixed bug that caused FC's on some unsuported devices
- Added reboot recovery / download (may not work in some kernels)
- Added support for the following kernels:
- CoCore-E 4.0
- CoCore-E 4.2 (CWM)
- CoCore-E 4.2 (TWRP)
- CoCore-P 1.0
[Update 1.06c / 1.06b / 1.06]
- Now the app checks if the user has root and busybox installed before going further.
- Implemented dump report system to send useful device information if your device is not compatible. Post in the original XDA thread. (need testing)
(Please note that devices with an MTD partition table may require some aditional work that is not currently supported by this app at the moment)
- Removed "Check compatibility button" as it's not really necessary.
- Added support for the following kernels:
- CoCore-E 3.9 Nightly
- CoCore 4.1 Nightly
[Update] Bug fixed (wrong error message shown)[Update 1.05]
[Update] Added support for SIRI-RC3 kernel
[Update] Minor fixes / cleanup
Fixed issue that prevented Gingerbread users to use the menu buttons. (not tested)
Minor fixes in the source.
Added support for the following kernels:
- CoCore-E 2.9 (Nightly)
- CoCore-E 3.3
- ThunderZap 4.1 + TWRP
- ThunderZap 4.1 + CWM
- SIRI-RC2 (Experimental update) - AKA "Battery.bin"
Released on Google Play Store![Update 1.04b / 1.04]
They are actually the same .apk that you can download in this thread, the paid one is exactly the same, just use it if you want to support my job in any way
Implementation of threads / asynchronous tasks (no more hangs while flashing / backing up)
Stock LPY,LPZ and LQ4 JB kernels are now detected
Fixed issue that allowed users to press wrong buttons while flashing
Fixed issue that allowed unsupported devices to switch to backup mode
Bug fixed: No more issues with sd card free space (I hope so :D) :good: [Update 1.03b / 1.03]
New feature: Current kernel backup (press menu)
Fixed bug that prevents gingerbread users to use the app - thanks buick1356 for testing on gb![Update 1.02]
- Added I9070P compatibility (not tested)
- Logcat implementation
- Detection of kernel compatibility and Android version
- Detection of invalid file extensions
- Added automatic detection for the following kernels:
- CoCore-E 2.8 by cocafe (Jelly Bean)
- OMEGA V2 (Jelly Bean)
- CoCore 4.1 by cocafe (Gingerbread)
Now working with gingerbread (you know what you flash, do not blame at me lol)[Update 1.01]
Automagically detects common kernels if the MD5 checksum is correct. [Initial release 1.00]
ThunderZap 3.5 by Varun.chitre15
Siri RC2 by AdiPat
It's working! :D
Any feedback is apreciated, if you have any bug please report and I will try to solve it, any suggestion is welcome.
PlayStore Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apeti.ukflash2
Thanks lucasleal for the idea ;)
[APP / Tool] Universal kernel flash, a App for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
Current Stable Version: